• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I heard Jesus got kicked out of church.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Christians talk about how much they admire and adore Jesus.

Yet one fine and Misty morning, Jesus walked through the doors of a christian church.....

10 Reasons Jesus Would Get Kicked Out Of Church

Egad!!!!! Who let this guy in?

I also like to add that people would think he's pretending he knows much better than the Pastor .Err.. Dr.

Where is your theology degree Jesus?

Ironically Christians today have all but become the Sadducees and the Pharisees of the day when things are put into context.

I'm sure there's more things that Jesus would get kicked out of church for. Maybe even get excommunicated.

Anything else that could be added to get this Jesus fella kicked out of church?

I mean , come on Jesus will be too much trouble upstaging the clergy and all.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Yet one fine and Misty morning, Jesus walked through the doors of a christian church.....

I also like to add that people would think he's pretending he knows much better than the Pastor .Err.. Dr.

Ironically Christians today have all but become the Sadducees and the Pharisees of the day when things are put into context.

I'm sure there's more things that Jesus would get kicked out of church for. Maybe even get excommunicated.

This list is pretty feeble. Nobody would get chucked out of a church for befriending sinners or prostitutes or corrupt officials, or for having a drink problem (there is zero evidence of this in the bible, so I've no idea where he gets that from). We actually had a dreadful drunk at last Christmas Midnight Mass and everyone was very tolerant and kind to him. The Catholic church and many others make a point of being expressly for sinners and of recognising moral weakness is part of the human condition we all have to cope with.

The one issue in this list that has some traction is his lack of respect for Jewish religious elders. One could easily imagine that being replicated today towards some church leaders. That's probably why Pope Francis has decided to live in a guest house and drive a 10yr old Renault. One can't say the same for a lot of other church officials - human weakness, again.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
He would again try to clean the temple/church by lashing with his whip. That won't be appreciated. One cannot break the law at will.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Is what you 'hear' meaningful?

Unguru

I am a Sikh nice to meet you
It makes him all the more admirable actually, because he was kinda awesome, more interesting than Buddha imho.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

If you've ever read The Brothers Karamazov, you might be interested in the chapter entitled "The Grand Inquisitor." It's a short story about Jesus appearing during the time of the Spanish Inquisition, where he was locked up and sentenced to death by the Inquisition - not because they thought he was an imposter, but because they truly believed that he actually was Jesus.

Spartan

What a load of horse manure. When Jesus shows up again at the Second Coming he's the one who will be straightening people out and casting the heathen Christ mockers into the Pit.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?

11. He basically told everyone they didn't need the church because they already had the Kingdom of God within you.

BTW (kind of off the subject) with all these electronic marques in front of church I expect one day to read one that says "Our Jesus can kick your Jesus' a**".

Audie

Veteran Member
It makes him all the more admirable actually, because he was kinda awesome, more interesting than Buddha imho.

If what the bible says is true, then he would
be the most interesting person who ever did or
could exist.

Whether or not he was that person, said or did
the things ascribed to him is another matter.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
It isn't a question getting kicked out of church. I highly doubt that Jesus would even bother to step into those dens of hypocrisy and calumny. He wouldn't want to be a part of their club.

A Vestigial Mote

Honestly, I feel the biggest reason Jesus would get kicked out of church in modern times is because he would claim to be Jesus. I have actually been to a church on the very day a person making just such claims was forcefully dragged out of the hall. And this person didn't even directly make the claim! He just started talking all "prophetically," using words like "I" and then quoting/paraphrasing Jesus. It was obvious he was trying to act as if he were the second coming of Christ, the leaders of the church saw it, and shut it down immediately.

It always seemed incredibly ironic to me. I mean seriously now - how did they KNOW that he wasn't the second coming? Don't the vast majority of Christians routinely believe things with insufficient evidence? I obviously didn't believe him for a second, but I couldn't figure out how the actual believers among those congregated could so immediately disqualify him. I had routinely seen them all engage in believing claims as ridiculous as his. Almost seems hypocritical.

Last edited:

A Vestigial Mote

If Jesus returned today unbelievers would be cast into the Lake of Fire (Revelation 21:8).
Very highly doubtful. In fact, I don't believe it for a second.

Now, be a dear and have Jesus come and set me straight if you can get a hold of him, would you? There are quite a few other things I'd like to talk to him about as well.

Spartan

Honestly, I feel the biggest reason Jesus would get kicked out of church in modern times is because he would claim to be Jesus. I have actually been to a church on the very day a person maing just such claims was forcefully dragged out of the hall. And this person didn't even directly make the claim! He just started talking all "prophetically," using words like "I" and then quoting/paraphrasing Jesus. It was obvious he was trying to act as if he were the second coming of Christ, the leaders of the church saw it, and shut it down immediately.

It always seemed incredibly ironic to me. I mean seriously now - how did they KNOW that he wasn't the second coming? Don't the vast majority of Christians routinely believe things with insufficient evidence? I obviously didn't believe him for a second, but I couldn't figure out how the actual believers among those congregated could so immediately disqualify him. I had routinely seen them all engage in believing claims as ridiculous as his. Almost seems hypocritical.

All this bunk about how believers would kick Jesus out of the church is just that - bunk. Christ-deniers love that kind of nonsense. The heathens, the atheists, and the wolves in sheep's clothing might think and do something like that, but the elect wouldn't. They would know the true Christ and welcome him. Unbelievers won't have to like it when Jesus finally appears (Revelation 21:8). Jesus will get rid of those heathens in a New York heartbeat.

Spartan

Now, be a dear and have Jesus come and set me straight if you can get a hold of him, would you? There are quite a few other things I'd like to talk to him about as well.

Get yourself straight. Read the Bible. Read historical works about him. Pray. He's not far away at all.

A Vestigial Mote

All this bunk about how believers would kick Jesus out of the church is just that - bunk. Christ-deniers love that kind of nonsense. The heathens, the atheists, and the wolves in sheep's clothing might think and do something like that, but the elect wouldn't. They would know the true Christ and welcome him. Unbelievers won't have to like it when Jesus finally appears (Revelation 21:8). Jesus will get rid of those heathens in a New York heartbeat.
Did you read my reply to this thread about how I saw a man basically claiming to be the second coming (at least, acting as if he were with his words and motions/posturing) be literally dragged out of the church by his arms? With the amount of evidence you could possibly have that a person WAS indeed Jesus, that could have very well have been him, and he got kicked out of church without a moment's hesitation.

I would be willing to bet a huge sum of money that Jesus would be kicked out of church in modern times. No one would recognize him, and he'd be labeled a nut-case were he to actively make the claims that he was Jesus. Though... one of the main reasons I am willing to make such a bet is that I am 99.9% sure it will never come to pass in the first place - so I will never have to pay up.

A Vestigial Mote

Get yourself straight. Read the Bible. Read historical works about him. Pray. He's not far away at all.
I have read The Bible, and Jesus said he'd be back before some of the people he was talking to in one of his speeches were dead and buried. And it didn't happen. Which makes a liar out of him. It could just be that he was overly confident and full of himself. I mean - with all the people telling him he was of divine origins I suppose he couldn't help it. But yeah... he spoke garbage that day, and everyone just tries to dismiss it as if he didn't mean exactly what he said.

JJ50

You'll be lucky, surely if he had resurrected he would have stayed around on Earth instead of conveniently flying off up to heaven. The gospel writers certainly had a good imagination when creating his character. Anyone who claims the gospels are historical are up the creek without a paddle, imo.