• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have resigned from Christianity

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I don't believe that God manages the system of reincarnation

I believe it is managed by The Simulation
Then that implies that the simulation is providing your beliefs for you. You are left with, as far as I can see, nothing.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Thankfully you have a wonderful resource to utilize here in these forums, considering we have people here from all walks of life to glean insight from.

I'd be interested to read updates on your personal journey. Ultimately your walk is your own, and I hope that you find the happiness you had in Christianity when you explore this new path. :)

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Then that implies that the simulation is providing your beliefs for you. You are left with, as far as I can see, nothing.
I cannot see how the fact that The Simulation operates a system of reincarnation implies that it provided me with my beliefs. That seems like quite a leap. I arrived at my beliefs on my own.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I've finally done it...

I've been meaning to do this for around a week

I have now finally resigned from Christianity :(

I've quit

If I could press a button that would make me believe in the things I no longer believe in then I would press it, but no such button could ever exist

I was happy as a Christian but I can no longer be one

Am now going a different way - and hopefully my path won't be a lonely one

When she was alive my paternal grandmother gave me a golden crucifix to wear round my neck. I will remove the cross but continue to wear the chain. But I will always keep that cross in a safe place.
May you soar!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, I shall follow humanism whilst having a Deist conception of a Supreme Being

But I no longer believe in the God of Abraham

I'm feeling strangely free and at peace with myself
Welcome to freedom. Breath of fresh air isn't it?

Things will be less complicated and much more natural and wholesome without all those artificial preservatives.

Life is best when it's taught on its own natural terms instead of ours.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Reincarnation for roughly 90% of people
Eddi, I do not know if you have given it a thought but Advaita (non-dualism) is a simulation theory because the perceived is considered an illusion. I wanted to tell you this for a long time.
Me too except I don’t believe deletion is possible.
Even if you are not a Christian at least you’re not an atheist-materialist.
If deletion is not possible, then it automatically is eternal. Nobody's grace required.
Now, now, George. What is wrong with being an atheist-materialist?
That is true, Evangelicalhumanist. There is nothing left in the end. Why hanker after something to be left behind (other than our children)? Let go, let go completely. Like Buddha said 'Gate, gate, gate, samagate, para samagate' (Gone, gone, gone, complete gone, completely gone for sure).

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I've finally done it...

It's a brave move but you have to do what is right for you. I hope you find another community to get social support from. We are here for you.

Riders

I've finally done it...

I've quit

If I could press a button that would make me believe in the things I no longer believe in then I would press it, but no such button could ever exist

I was happy as a Christian but I can no longer be one

Am now going a different way - and hopefully my path won't be a lonely one

When she was alive my paternal grandmother gave me a golden crucifix to wear round my neck. I will remove the cross but continue to wear the chain. But I will always keep that cross in a safe place.

I'm not Christin but I love to wear crosses.For the beauty and the spiritual meaning of carrying your cross without the Christian version f Jesus.