• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

djhwoodwerks

Might the scripture really NOT say "make"?

WOW!! All this over one word, "MAKE"!

Fill in the blank please,

Mat 28:19-20 (ESVST) 19 Go therefore and ______ disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

djhwoodwerks

I want to talk about coveting. Do we agree there is only one right way? The one called "Jesus"(not his real name) is really and truly the way, the truth and the life. That is the only way to possess the peace of God that excels all thought. Do you agree or disagree?

No offense intended, but this is a typical Jehovah's Witness conversation. You start with, "I want to talk about coveting", then you ask, "do we agree there is only one right way?". Then you talk about possessing the peace of God. What has any of that to do with coveting?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
WOW!! All this over one word, "MAKE"!

Fill in the blank please,

Mat 28:19-20 (ESVST) 19 Go therefore and ______ disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
You are not listening. See how your disciple is a noun? Look it up! It was written a VERB. Therefore disciple (the verb)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No offense intended, but this is a typical Jehovah's Witness conversation. You start with, "I want to talk about coveting", then you ask, "do we agree there is only one right way?". Then you talk about possessing the peace of God. What has any of that to do with coveting?
No offence taken. I tend to go off on a tangent. It is because in the middle I tend to think I must explain myself.
1. you said you would like for people to see you and think, "I want that".
2. there is only one way to gain the peace of God (see us agreeing?)
3. they might try to get what you have their own way.
So then your theory fails I think.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think I finally understand! What you are saying is, the verse actually says,

Mat 28:19 (ESVST) 19 Go therefore to disciple all nations.

Is that correct?
Yay! Hallelujah!

But sadly I think that is not quite right. I think it is written that HE said he is going therefore we should disciple the nations. Will doing so cause the making of disciples? In a way, yes. Do you agree with me that a real disciple is not made but is born? Born again?

djhwoodwerks

No offence taken. I tend to go off on a tangent. It is because in the middle I tend to think I must explain myself.

Then they will never obtain what I truly have, will they?

How well does your theory of telling people about Christ work?

djhwoodwerks

But sadly I think that is not quite right. I think it is written that HE said he is going therefore we should disciple the nations.

And how pray tell does that work? "therefore we should disciple the nations."?

(STRONG) g3101. μαθητής mathētēs; from 3129; a learner, i. e. pupil:— disciple. AV (269)- disciple 268, vr disciple 1; a learner, pupil, disciple

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And how pray tell does that work? "therefore we should disciple the nations."?

(STRONG) g3101. μαθητής mathētēs; from 3129; a learner, i. e. pupil:— disciple. AV (269)- disciple 268, vr disciple 1; a learner, pupil, disciple
We should be among them as learners of the Christ. It means in everything we do we consider Christ our king. I think that it also means to accept people no matter where they come from or how they smell, or what they wear, or even if they are ruder than a mad dog.

djhwoodwerks

Then they will never obtain what I truly have, will they?

Beware! He who thinks he is standing might indeed fall.

My, my, my! You agreed that there was only "ONE" way to gain the peace of God. Then you said, "they might try to get what I have their "OWN" way. I said, "then they will never obtain what I "TRULY" have, then you tell me to Beware! Lest I fall.!!???

Really!!?? There is only "ONE" way to receive the peace of God, Jesus Christ. That's how I received it! So if someone tries to get it their "OWN" way, they will never have what I truly have!

You keep showing your JW logic SW!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My, my, my! You agreed that there was only "ONE" way to gain the peace of God. Then you said, "they might try to get what I have their "OWN" way. I said, "then they will never obtain what I "TRULY" have, then you tell me to Beware! Lest I fall.!!???

Really!!?? There is only "ONE" way to receive the peace of God, Jesus Christ. That's how I received it! So if someone tries to get it their "OWN" way, they will never have what I truly have!

You keep showing your JW logic SW!
But what I mean is you might be wrong. Maybe your peace is something else. I am not saying it is. I say maybe it is.