• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

djhwoodwerks

I think you are acting stupid. You quote me and change what I said and what I said is right there. We should be among the nations AS LEARNERS OF THE CHRIST. What? Can it get any simpler?

Mat 28:19 (ESVST) 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

How does this sound?

Mat 28:19 (ESVST) 19 Go therefore and be learners of the Christ of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To disciple nations means that no matter where you go you accept teaching from The Christ among them. Where two or more are gathered in his name he is there. So even though he is gone he is among the nations WITH his disciples.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Mat 28:19 (ESVST) 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

How does this sound?

Mat 28:19 (ESVST) 19 Go therefore and be learners of the Christ of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
I am going (said Jesus) therefore, you represent me to all nations. Teach whoever might listen and whoever might be added to you baptize that one.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, we are "ALL" supposed to teach?
I think it is not an order but he is given permission for it. So I think no one is "supposed" to teach. Let God's will be done. Isn't there a scripture about speaking as the Holy Spirit wills? Do you want me to look it up?

djhwoodwerks

No, do not take to heart what anyone teaches but surely we should be paying attention to whatever is taught. Don't you thinK?

No, I don't think so. Do you pay attention to the ones teaching Mormonism? Do you pay attention to Islam? Do you pay attention to Hinduism? Do you pay attention to the Oneness movement?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, I don't think so. Do you pay attention to the ones teaching Mormonism? Do you pay attention to Islam? Do you pay attention to Hinduism? Do you pay attention to the Oneness movement?
I think that if anyone happens to tell me about any of that I should surely pay attention. How else will I know what to answer?

djhwoodwerks

Luke 12:12

Luk 12:11-12 (ESVST) 11 And when they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not be anxious about how you should defend yourself or what you should say, 12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."

Has nothing to do with "teaching" anyone!

EDIT: My bad, I used the wrong punctuation.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Luk 12:11-12 (ESVST) 11 And when they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not be anxious about how you should defend yourself or what you should say, 12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."

Has nothing to do with "teaching" anyone?
I don't understand the question.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is being a disciple of Jesus all about God's will be done? How else is that accomplished but with Holy Spirit?