• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You have that wrong! Nobody will ever become a disciple by what we "say" or don't "say". We should live by example, not by words. People should look at us and say, "I want what he/she has". Going around preaching the Bible will turn people away from us and they will not listen.
OK. I agree. But my contention is that the Bible is wrong then. You say it is right. If it is right then disciples CAN be made by people because Matthew says they should be.
By the way, I am growing very tired of your twisting my words. I SAID that nobody is made a disciple by what I do and you say, "You have that wrong".

djhwoodwerks

OK. I agree. But my contention is that the Bible is wrong then. You say it is right. If it is right then disciples CAN be made by people because Matthew says they should be.
By the way, I am growing very tired of your twisting my words. I SAID that nobody is made a disciple by what I do and you say, "You have that wrong".

May I suggest taking a nap! I'm not twisting your words. You said,

My point is that nobody will ever become a disciple because of what I do or do not do no matter how much I may wish it. True disciples are born, not made imo.

I did say that is wrong. Jesus said,

Mat 5:16 (ESVST) 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

You should know, just from this forum, that people can care less about anybody's opinion of the Christian life. We can say whatever we want, and most people will not listen, do you agree? But, if we live our faith, love, hope and peace, people will see that and want what we have. People have asked me, "why aren't you angry about that?", aren't you worried about.....?", "THEN" I get to tell them about Jesus and why I don't get angry or worried. Most people will get offended or angry if you walk up to them and say something like, "do you know Jesus?", "God's judgment is coming, are you prepared?" We should make people want to ask why we are so peaceful and happy!

Not everyone is equipped to preach, only the ones who are appointed.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@djhwoodwerks I have changed my mind. We must not behave in a manner that might cause someone to covet what we "have" from the point of view of what you say, "People should look at us and say, "I want what he/she has" It would be breaking one of the ten commandments.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Mat 5:16 (ESVST) 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

You should know, just from this forum, that people can care less about anybody's opinion of the Christian life. We can say whatever we want, and most people will not listen, do you agree? But, if we live our faith, love, hope and peace, people will see that and want what we have. People have asked me, "why aren't you angry about that?", aren't you worried about.....?", "THEN" I get to tell them about Jesus and why I don't get angry or worried. Most people will get offended or angry if you walk up to them and say something like, "do you know Jesus?", "God's judgment is coming, are you prepared?" We should make people want to ask why we are so peaceful and happy!

STOP! Look at the word "do" is it the word, "say"? I think I am done.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

It is the truth that whatever I do will never, ever make anyone a disciple of Jesus Christ. Do you disagree? Can I show them the way? Yes, I agree with you that a person by their good conduct should show others the way. OK?

djhwoodwerks

You say it is right. If it is right then disciples CAN be made by people

What does it mean to be a disciple?

(STRONG) g3101. μαθητής mathētēs; from 3129; a learner, i. e. pupil:— disciple. AV (269)- disciple 268, vr disciple 1; a learner, pupil, disciple

Jesus said to make disciples, learners, pupils, not for all of us to be the teacher!

Before I got into woodworking, I heard guys talking about it, I watched people making different things out of wood, using different tools. They "made" me a disciple of woodworking. I started learning how to use tools, make patterns, how to measure, but they weren't my teachers. I read books, went to different classes, watched different videos (on YouTube) and I learned. Those people made me a disciple/learner/pupil of woodworking.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What does it mean to be a disciple?

(STRONG) g3101. μαθητής mathētēs; from 3129; a learner, i. e. pupil:— disciple. AV (269)- disciple 268, vr disciple 1; a learner, pupil, disciple

Jesus said to make disciples, learners, pupils, not for all of us to be the teacher!

Before I got into woodworking, I heard guys talking about it, I watched people making different things out of wood, using different tools. They "made" me a disciple of woodworking. I started learning how to use tools, make patterns, how to measure, but they weren't my teachers. I read books, went to different classes, watched different videos (on YouTube) and I learned. Those people made me a disciple/learner/pupil of woodworking.
OK. I understand. But I think you are fighting for a lie. It is a lie at Matthew 28:19. The original was to disciple, a verb. It has been turned into a noun but paired with the verb "make" which was added. I have to ask you why tradition is more important to you than the truth is.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The real definition of disciple is "learner". In the context of Matthew 28:19 it means, "learning from Christ". Agree? The Bible and you have changed its meaning. Now it means to learn from Christ's disciples.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Please ask yourself, "must I be right?". If you find the answer is yes, it means you are going after your own desire.

djhwoodwerks

OK. I understand. But I think you are fighting for a lie. It is a lie at Matthew 28:19. The original was to disciple, a verb. It has been turned into a noun but paired with the verb "make" which was added. I have to ask you why tradition is more important to you than the truth is.

I really cannot make heads or tails out of how you think, or, what you're trying to say! I'm fighting for a lie??

I don't know what you think about or mean when you say, "make a disciple". It's like you are saying, it means to "make" someone learn about Jesus. We can't do that! All we can do is,

Jesus didn't say, "preach the Word to others so they may hear", He said, "let your light shine, so they may see".

@djhwoodwerks I have changed my mind. We must not behave in a manner that might cause someone to covet what we "have" from the point of view of what you say, "People should look at us and say, "I want what he/she has" It would be breaking one of the ten commandments.

Really!!?? Wanting the peace, joy, and love someone has is breaking one of the commandments? Which one might that be? You mentioned in a previous post that I was twisting your words, didn't you just do that with my words? Or, do you just see what you want to see when you read someones post?

djhwoodwerks

Please ask yourself, "must I be right?". If you find the answer is yes, it means you are going after your own desire.

LOL.... "savagewind, please ask yourself the same question, "must I be right?". If you find the answer to be yes, it means you are going after your own desire.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I really cannot make heads or tails out of how you think, or, what you're trying to say! I'm fighting for a lie??

I don't know what you think about or mean when you say, "make a disciple". It's like you are saying, it means to "make" someone learn about Jesus. We can't do that! All we can do is,

Jesus didn't say, "preach the Word to others so they may hear", He said, "let your light shine, so they may see".

Really!!?? Wanting the peace, joy, and love someone has is breaking one of the commandments? Which one might that be? You mentioned in a previous post that I was twisting your words, didn't you just do that with my words? Or, do you just see what you want to see when you read someones post?
Might the scripture really NOT say "make"?

I want to talk about coveting. Do we agree there is only one right way? The one called "Jesus"(not his real name) is really and truly the way, the truth and the life. That is the only way to possess the peace of God that excels all thought. Do you agree or disagree?

Someone might see what you have, want it, and then devise his own plan to gain it. What do you think about that?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Back to being ignorant, lost, and asleep, as opposed to being the Truth, the Way, and the Life.

djhwoodwerks

That is the only way to possess the peace of God that excels all thought. Do you agree or disagree?

Jn 14:27 (ESVST) 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

djhwoodwerks

Someone might see what you have, want it, and then devise his own plan to gain it. What do you think about that?

What do I think about that? I think if someone devises his/her own plan to gain what I have, will not gain what I have. There's only one Way to get what I have, Jesus Christ.