• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

djhwoodwerks

I shall assume you are not going to answer me. I will tell you what appears in the mind if ever a person hears, "make". Why, how, with what, when, for whom, and where.

Since you're stressing the word "make", if someone teaches another how to make a cake and asks them to go make one, they're going to say, "why, how, with what, when, for whom and where"? I could see your argument if Jesus came to earth, didn't say a word to any of His disciples, and the told them to go "make" disciples. Jesus walked, talked and taught His disciples for 3 years, they knew "why, how, with what, when, for whom, and where". Do you agree?

djhwoodwerks

The answer is God has told some poor souls to make something but did not tell them anything about how. Jesus says, "that is not my Father".

What! Which poor souls did God tell to make something? Jesus told "His" disciples, whom He taught for 3 years, to go "make" disciples. What "poor souls" are you referring to?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Since you're stressing the word "make", if someone teaches another how to make a cake and asks them to go make one, they're going to say, "why, how, with what, when, for whom and where"? I could see your argument if Jesus came to earth, didn't say a word to any of His disciples, and the told them to go "make" disciples. Jesus walked, talked and taught His disciples for 3 years, they knew "why, how, with what, when, for whom, and where". Do you agree?
No. He is the perfect example. That I agree with.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What! Which poor souls did God tell to make something? Jesus told "His" disciples, whom He taught for 3 years, to go "make" disciples. What "poor souls" are you referring to?
You do not think the job to make people believe in and obey god is not a HEAVY BURDEN?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They have fallen into a dark hole so this fact escapes their notice. Teaching and baptizing does not make a disciple. God makes disciples.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think the intent was to condemn hypocrites; those that call themselves followers with their outward claims and beliefs but don't live the life with loving action. In modern terms, He is condemning those who talk the talk but don't walk the talk.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the intent was to condemn hypocrites; those that call themselves followers with their outward claims and beliefs but don't live the life with loving action. In modern terms, He is condemning those who talk the talk but don't walk the talk.
I think that you are wrong that Jesus condemns anyone. Because whenever he might do that he is working against the will of God whose will is that all people be saved and to knowledge come.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is my definition of discipleship wrong? A disciple is he who is taught by, stays with and obeys the master Christ.

djhwoodwerks

The answer is God has told some poor souls to make something but did not tell them anything about how. Jesus says, "that is not my Father".

You do not think the job to make people believe in and obey god is not a HEAVY BURDEN?

A JW discussion right here!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A JW discussion right here!
YOU say the command is correct to go make disciples but the command was not to everyone to do it. To anyone it is a heavy job to make someone listen to the real son of God, to stay with him no matter what, to be taught by him only the truth and to obey the truth.
It is not a burden to do it. It is freedom! But your stance is there exists a command to make OTHER people do it, like they believe. That is what I am disagreeing with.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think that you are wrong that Jesus condemns anyone. Because whenever he might do that he is working against the will of God whose will is that all people be saved and to knowledge come.
Good point. He is condemning their behavior as hypocrites. He did not say those hypocrites can not repent and be forgiven.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Lol that some people do that. There is a level of subjectivity, here. There's nothing wrong with sharing ones faith.
Yes, but if you might climb out of your back hole (no offence intended) you will see that sharing my faith is NOT what I am disagreeing with. I do it, for goodness sakes!

I disagree with Bibles which say that God commanded anyone make another person a disciple.
I realize that how a person behaves can advertise where the person comes from. That is what it means to "be a disciple". I do not, have not, and never will as long as I endure with Christ say there is anything wrong with being a Christ disciple. I advocate it!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My point is that nobody will ever become a disciple because of what I do or do not do no matter how much I may wish it. True disciples are born, not made imo.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
On the other hand, I can not doubt that a person who behaves worthily of the calling can indeed help another person see the merit of going through that narrow gate. But if he chooses it he knows it was GOD who made him.

djhwoodwerks

YOU say the command is correct to go make disciples but the command was not to everyone to do it. To anyone it is a heavy job to make someone listen to the real son of God, to stay with him no matter what, to be taught by him only the truth and to obey the truth.
It is not a burden to do it. It is freedom! But your stance is there exists a command to make OTHER people do it, like they believe. That is what I am disagreeing with.

I actually have no idea what you're talking about!

djhwoodwerks

Interesting. You have never been a JW yet you answer questions with an insult like they do.

I'm sorry you take that as an insult. You make a statement/ask a question, I post my answer/rebuttal and then you answer my rebuttal with something that has absolutely nothing to do with either what you posted or with my reply. That is JW training at it's best. Why do you take that as an insult?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I actually have no idea what you're talking about!
I do not doubt it. What entails "making a disciple"? How is it accomplished?
Am I correct believing you said that some people really were instructed to make disciples like the Bible says, "Go make disciples!"?

djhwoodwerks

My point is that nobody will ever become a disciple because of what I do or do not do no matter how much I may wish it. True disciples are born, not made imo.

You have that wrong! Nobody will ever become a disciple by what we "say" or don't "say". We should live by example, not by words. People should look at us and say, "I want what he/she has". Going around preaching the Bible will turn people away from us and they will not listen.