• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I got a question for you!

rageoftyrael

Veritas
Okay, here it goes. I'm gonna ask you a question, the preffered answer i would like is 1. your answer to said question and 2. your religion.

This is a kind of poll im doing, i want to see how people respond and what kind of religion or belief system they have. im trying to prove a point to myself, if no one else.

Now for the explanation: Let us say that i have a friend named Bob. Bob is special. Only i can hear Bob. Noone, including myself, can see, touch, taste, etc... him. I can hear him, noone else, but that is all.

Question: Are you willing to believe that Bob is real?

Now, i cannot prove to anyone in anyway that he is real, but then again, that is the point of my question. Please do not respond to the other parts of my message, please just give me an answer, cause i am curious.

Thanks for your help in my little experiment.

linwood

I believe he's real to you but he's not real to me. Also, if you start telling me that Bob wants me to do this and that or I'm going to hell, I'll be really peeved at you. Tell Bob he has to tell me that himself. :D

Ditto.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend rageoftyrael,

Only i can hear Bob. Noone, including myself, can see, touch, taste, etc... him. I can hear him, noone else, but that is all.

Question: Are you willing to believe that Bob is real?

If Bob is real to you, then he must be real.
However, it cannot change the REAL world as one [most] believe in what they find through their own experiences.
Love & rgds

rageoftyrael

Veritas
You aren't answering my question. I did not ask you if you thought he was real to me, i asked you if you were willing to believe that he was real, as in actually real. You sidestepped my question. Also, you didn't specify your religion. This is an experiment of mine, please follow the rules. Thank you.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
If you allready say yourself that you are the only one who can know bob in any way.. I do not believe that he's real..

atheist.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
You aren't answering my question. I did not ask you if you thought he was real to me, i asked you if you were willing to believe that he was real, as in actually real. You sidestepped my question.
I thought I answered that question. No, he wouldn't be real to me.

Also, you didn't specify your religion. This is an experiment of mine, please follow the rules. Thank you.
None. Agnostic.

kadzbiz

Your question is too subjective. You have to enlighten us more about Bob first, but to make you happy; No, athiest.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Your question is too subjective. You have to enlighten us more about Bob first, but to make you happy; No, athiest.

Actually, I don't think more information is needed. He gave us some information and we just have to work with that kind of information. This just mean an opinion can change. If he said he knew a bob, I would have believed him. If he added then nobody else could see him, I wouldn't believe him. If he then said it was because he hid Bob in the closet, I'd believe him and think they are playing hide and seek. If he then says nobody will ever see him, we might need to call the police :D

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
Rage-----Maybe there is a method by which others can develope their senses to enable them to witness Bob, if your senses are able to percieve him then perhaps you can instruct others on how to develope theirs(thus proving to them at least, that Bob exists, if others are too lazy or sceptical to try to develope theirs then more fool them, they will never discover the truth)

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Rage-----Maybe there is a method by which others can develope their senses to enable them to witness Bob, if your senses are able to percieve him then perhaps you can instruct others on how to develope theirs(thus proving to them at least, that Bob exists, if others are too lazy or sceptical to try to develope theirs then more fool them, they will never discover the truth)
That's a "what if" and not the answer if you belief a BOB exists :rolleyes:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Not enough detail. I would ask you more questions before I decided whether or not there was a possibility that Bob was real.

Christian.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Not enough detail. I would ask you more questions before I decided whether or not there was a possibility that Bob was real.

Christian.

If he would just tell you he knows a person called bob and nothing more, would you still have not enough information to tell him if you believed him or not? Because that's less information..

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
"Am I willing to believe Bob is real?"

If Rage says he can hear him then I am willing to try to train my ears to hear him for myself