• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I finally met a Trump supporter

Sultan Of Swing

I've seen a few Trump 2016 bumper stickers, but I've never actually met any of his supporters.

I'm not really looking at Trump when it comes to this "hope and change," but rather the legions of Trump supporters who mirror legions of Obama supporters who seem to think the President has more power than what they actually have and that they can just walk right into the oval office and start doing whatever they want. It's actually rather frightening that these people, despite knowing anything about American politics, the political process, and the separation of powers, are putting people into office based on their misconceptions and delusions about how the government functions.
Isn't that the same with Bernie supporters? I think the point is not that the candidate, like Bernie, can achieve everything he promises, but that they will at least attempt to achieve those things and get some of them done by setting the bar high, rather than setting the bar low and achieving a lot less.

Sultan Of Swing

I honestly gotta give it to Trump tho. He seems to be an honest person indeed. His mocking of a man of a special need, although was absolutely wrong, gives a strong impression that he is honest and tells what he really thinks. But yeah, politics are still full of lies by nature (so far).
Yes Trump is terrible, look at this other joke he made, he hates the disabled.

vWaT5lB.jpg

Oh.

Akivah

I've seen a few Trump 2016 bumper stickers, but I've never actually met any of his supporters.

I'm not really looking at Trump when it comes to this "hope and change," but rather the legions of Trump supporters who mirror legions of Obama supporters who seem to think the President has more power than what they actually have and that they can just walk right into the oval office and start doing whatever they want. It's actually rather frightening that these people, despite knowing anything about American politics, the political process, and the separation of powers, are putting people into office based on their misconceptions and delusions about how the government functions.

I'd agree with that. I'd like to go to Trump and tell him "You know that President is not the same thing as Dictator, right?"

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It's not rocket science Luis. Obama used the words "hope and change" a lot, and those two Trump supporters I met used the same words.
They are hardly unique - or similar to each other - due to that factor.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
I honestly gotta give it to Trump tho. He seems to be an honest person indeed. His mocking of a man of a special need, although was absolutely wrong, gives a strong impression that he is honest and tells what he really thinks. But yeah, politics are still full of lies by nature (so far).
What?????? you must be joking ?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
you seem to appreciate him that s why i am surprised.

Oh, I don't appreciate him, I just "think" he's honest in what he says. Being honest does not necessarily make one good. It's what one is honest in, that matters. He's been honest in bad things so far :)

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I am Trump supporter , at least he will do me a favor by stop dreaming visit USA !