• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't think George Floyd was killed because he was black ...

PureX

Veteran Member
I think he was killed because he could be. And he could be, because he was a black man.

I think Derek Chauvin was a bullyboy with a badge, who has been using it to openly abuse and beat on his fellow humans for years. Because that's who he is. A bullyboy. A man who uses violence against others to feed his own sense of righteousness and self-esteem. ... Like a junkie needs his 'fix' to feel normal, again. And although any victim would do, black men are a good target because they have been so demonized and criminalized by our culture that a cop beating or even killing one isn't given much consideration. A drunk black man being accused of a crime is to a bullyboy cop what a lost child is to a pedophile. Ripe for the picking. Available for abuse without much chance of retribution.

I doubt that Derek Chauvin hated black people, or black men, specifically. I think he hated what he saw as "weakness", and vulnerability. Especially within himself. Which is why when he saw it in George Floyd, and in his circumstances, he became homicidal.

I suspect it was only a matter of time.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I think he was killed because he could be. And he could be, because he was a black man.

I think Derek Chauvin was a bullyboy with a badge, who has been using it to openly abuse and beat on his fellow humans for years. Because that's who he is. A bullyboy. A man who uses violence against others to feed his own sense of righteousness and self-esteem. ... Like a junkie needs his 'fix' to feel normal, again. And although any victim would do, black men are a good target because they have been so demonized and criminalized by our culture that a cop beating or even killing one isn't given much consideration. A drunk black man being accused of a crime is to a bullyboy cop what a lost child is to a pedophile. Ripe for the picking. Available for abuse without much chance of retribution.

I doubt that Derek Chauvin hated black people, or black men, specifically. I think he hated what he saw as "weakness", and vulnerability. Especially within himself. Which is why when he saw it in George Floyd, and in his circumstances, he became homicidal.

Is this just speculation or has there been a profile of the guy that suggests it?

Thief

Rogue Theologian

as with another thread....I refer you to @Revoltingest and his thread

cop brutality is any excuse in any event

I don't believe black had anything to do with it

it was simply...… a target
that target
any target

Hey @Revoltingest
can you throw another link this way?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

PureX

Veteran Member
Is this just speculation or has there been a profile of the guy that suggests it?
He has a history of complains of violence and abuse, as a cop. Also, the personality profile is fairly commonplace. Men who use violence, threats of violence, and various forms of abuse against other people to elevate their own sense of significance and self-worth. Every society has it's share of would-be tyrants and bullyboys. And they rise to power when societies becomes complacent, or fall into confusion and chaos.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

You should really back these accusations up with evidence.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
He has a history of complains of violence and abuse, as a cop. Also, the personality profile is fairly commonplace. Men who use violence, threats of violence, and various forms of abuse against other people to elevate their own sense of significance and self-worth. Every society has it's share of would-be tyrants and bullyboys. And they rise to power when societies becomes complacent, or fall into confusion and chaos.
Links?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
The officer in this case had no intent to kill. The death was an unfortunate result of overaggressive behavior. I think a lifetime and career that showed him a disproportionate amount of problems caused by blacks is likely a psychological factor in this.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The officer in this case had no intent to kill.
That too is also suspicious. Of course it cant be proven otherwise, but what the cop did was very suspicious about him having the motive to kill. With such pressure being forced on the neck/major arteries, chokeholds of lesser force being banned, continuing after Floyd began bleeding, amd kneeling down for that long without need, it can't be proven Piggly Wiggly wanted to kill, but that's what it looks like.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Thanks. I've also read the link @lewisnotmiller posted. I see what you mean. Interesting also that his wife lost no time in filing for divorce. Seems she is from an ethnic minority too, though a different one (from Laos). One wonders what their marriage was like. She might even have been a mail order bride, I suppose, which might suggest something about Chauvin.

I was struck by this guy's name. We get the word "chauvinist" from an apocryphal French character with his name. Not really relevant but strangely apposite, in the circumstances.

George-ananda

Premium Member
That too is also suspicious. Of course it cant be proven otherwise, but what the cop did was very suspicious about him having the motive to kill. With such pressure being forced on the neck/major arteries, chokeholds of lesser force being banned, continuing after Floyd began bleeding, amd kneeling down for that long with need, it can't be proven Piggly Wiggly wanted to kill, but that's what it looks like.
I'll hold my claim that he did not think this was going to result in death nor was death his intent.

PureX

Veteran Member
You could have looked this up just as easily as I could.

LINK

The records provide some insight into Chauvin’s background, starting as a military police officer with the U.S. Army from September 1996 to February 1997 and again from September 1999 to May 2000.

Chauvin-Derek-e1590800559183.jpg

Derek Chauvin
However, the records included little detail about the 17 times Chauvin was the subject of internal affairs investigations by the Minneapolis department.

Chauvin, who had worked with the Police Department since October 2001, had been disciplined for only one incident during his tenure. It occurred in August 2007 in Longfellow, a neighborhood just south of downtown Minneapolis. Chauvin was accused of pulling a woman out of her car after stopping her for going 10 mph over the speed limit. The woman filed the complaint the next day.

Investigators found that Chauvin “did not have to remove complainant from car” and that he “could’ve conducted interview outside the vehicle.” Further investigation showed that Chauvin’s squad car video camera was turned off during the course of the stop.

Chauvin received a letter of reprimand for the incident, the details of which were redacted.

Chauvin last week was fired and charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter in George’s death.

He is being held on $500,000 bail in the custody of the state prison at Oak Park Heights. Chauvin is in “administrative segregation,” which Minnesota Corrections Commissioner Paul Schnell says is standard procedure for inmates who are law enforcement officers or high-profile offenders.

Reports indicate Chauvin was previously involved in multiple shootings. In 2006, he shot and killed a suspect who allegedly had a gun. In 2008, he shot a domestic assault suspect, and in 2011, he fired at a man seen running from another shooting.

The other officers at the scene when Floyd died — Thomas Lane, Tou Thao and J Alexander Kueng — are being investigated for their roles. Chauvin and the other officers could not be reached for comment.

According to internal records, Thao has been investigated at least six times by the department. None of those investigations resulted in discipline, records show. One case is pending.​

This seem to be an excessive number of complaints, investigations, and incidents of violence and death. Most cops never even draw their weapon in their career. And very few ever fire a shot. They may get a complain or two in their career. This guy has 17 complaints and has killed someone, and tried to kill several others, and was not near retiring, yet. And he had a history of yanking people from their cars for no apparent reason. (Floyd was already in a squad car when Chauvin yanked him out, threw him to the ground, and knelt on his neck, BECAUSE HE SAID HE COULDN'T BREATH.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This seem to be an excessive number of complaints, investigations, and incidents of violence and death. Most cops never even draw their weapon in their career. And very few ever fire a shot. They may get a complain or two in their career. This guy has 17 complaints and has killed someone, and tried to kill several others, and was not near retiring, yet.
It does not help his case that death was not his intent

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'll hold my claim that he did not think this was going to result in death nor was death his intent.
This will be determined at his trial. The prosecutors clearly think there is a good chance it was either the intent to cause death, or reckless indifference to the likelihood of causing death.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Violence was his intent. To satiate his need to dominate and punish someone else, was his intent. Death was just the result.
I do not believe for a moment Piggly Wiggly didnt know he would kill Floyd doing that. You can apply fatal pressure to that area with your arm. Piggly Wiggly put way more than that on Floyd's neck.

George-ananda

Premium Member
This will be determined at his trial. The prosecutors clearly think there is a good chance it was either the intent to cause death, or reckless indifference to the likelihood of causing death.
To me it sounds more like manslaughter than murder and that they charged him with murder in record time to appease the hostiles.

exchemist

Veteran Member
To me it sounds more like manslaughter than murder and that they charged him with murder in record time to appease the hostiles.
Well it certainly wasn't in "record time". First they just sacked him. The criminal charges came several days later. He was I understand charged with 3rd degree murder, which in that state (Minnesota) seems to be more or less equivalent to manslaughter. But I stand to be corrected by those with better knowledge.