• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't support feminist movements

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I've decided I don't really support the feminist movement to the extent of being a strong advocate of it. They've done some good things. But things like the #MeToo movement which is often promoted by the feminists I've seen, have done an equal amount of destruction and good, and a lot of feminists are TERFs which can be harmful to me as a transgender person. I'm not completely against women speaking out in #MeToo, I just want there to be proof before destroying another person's reputation. And remember, #MeToo supporters can have allegations against them too, as well as feminists.

Some people's perception of Feminism is that it has become a campaign for man haters. I'm perfectly happy to let women do hard labor--digging ditches, laying roof shingles, or cleaning gutters. That's the privilege of most males. Very few are CEO's

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I don't see the point in trying to convince people who don't want to be convinced, sorry.
So you haven't actually got anything to offer after all.
Hot air?

The internet seems to be full of males telling us that men are being ignored by movements like 'Me-Too'. But you can put that right, you say.

..... and then fail to.

Tambourine

So you haven't actually got anything to offer after all.
Hot air?
Sure, more stuff for you to dismiss and ignore.
Why am I supposed to put in the work when you clearly haven't?

The internet seems to be full of males telling us that men are being ignored by movements like 'Me-Too'. But you can put that right, you say.

..... and then fail to.
Frankly, I don't give a **** what you think. If it's important to your identity as a man that there be a secretive cabal of internet feminists oppressing all men with carefully planted false rape accusations, then that's your issue, not mine.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Sure, more stuff for you to dismiss and ignore.
Why am I supposed to put in the work when you clearly haven't?

Frankly, I don't give a **** what you think. If it's important to your identity as a man that there be a secretive cabal of internet feminists oppressing all men with carefully planted false rape accusations, then that's your issue, not mine.
Wrong .
I don't believe any such tripe

But I do believe in trial and conviction before the destruction of character and freedom.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I believe you. I've read your posts sometimes over the past two years. You don't strike me as the kind of person to really close your ears to them.

Thank you for that.

I would not shut the door upon any person's fears or insecurities at all.
And I support anybody who truly and honestly strives for human equality of any kind. However some have become so focused upon their own segment of humanity that they become extreme, and this can sometimes be noticed when a section of mankind is mentioned that is beyond their own field of interest........ they burst out in to red heat and lose the plot. And I don't mean you. :)

Please can I ask.....What is your story? How did you come to recognise your sexual self, and have you arrived at the you which you have hoped for?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Please can I ask.....What is your story? How did you come to recognise your sexual self, and have you arrived at the you which you have hoped for?

Are you talking about my being transgender and that path?

I'd be willing to answer whatever way we go with it :) . But "sexual self" can mean multiple things and I want to figure out what, before I give a detailed answer.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Are you talking about my being transgender and that path?
Yes

I'd be willing to answer whatever way we go with it :) . But "sexual self" can mean multiple things and I want to figure out what, before I give a detailed answer.
OK........ you're being transgender and what powered that 'journey'....... ?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Yes

OK........ you're being transgender and what powered that 'journey'....... ?

As a teen I sometimes pictured myself as a female in my head. But not all of the time. And I did have an inclination to play as female characters in video games where there is an option of either gender. But...

A little over 3 years ago, I started seeing myself more as a woman, and it caused sadness to think that I wasn't. I didn't prioritize this idea very much because first of all, my family was anti trans and a bit anti LGBT as well. They were very on the right side politically. And the other thing is that I had mental health issues to deal with and I wanted to focus on that. One of them was still recovering from something reckless I did earlier in life... I overdosed on caffeine pills and caffeine drink on purpose for highs, getting up to a lethal level for three days in a row that was enough to at least cause some people heart problems. I had a crash and had to be taken to the hospital. Because I told the doctor I was having hallucinations and stuff at that point, and based on myself doing something so wreckless as caffeine popping, they determined I should be put on the same medicine used for others with such conditions, people with mental illness. These medicines worked out semi well, but I noticed I now had a bit of a mental handicap now too. Actually I am seeming to overcome this health condition of the mental handicap. But if I ever get back to same old, I still think it could take over 5 or 10 years to do so. And that's with a bunch of optimism.

My gender dysphoria grew worse over time. It turned into anxiety. I talked to my family multiple times about me transitioning. Every time my ideas were shot down. Then a month ago, I finally said the magic words which opened my religious family's heart. I said: "I need this (Hormone Replacement Therapy), for my health, and that's all there is to it. I don't expect you to understand, but please support it."

I had tried Hormone Replacement Therapy a bit before that, but felt too fragile to do it with my family completely against me. So I stopped. But since last month, I am now trans out in the open and taking it again and my family isn't being rough on me about it. I made several changes to my appearance and the HRT medicine has also caused changes in appearance. I'm achieving happiness. The estrogen is like a strong antidepressant for my mind, stronger than any normal antidepressant I have taken. And besides that, I'm getting these nice changes to my appearance.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
As a teen I sometimes pictured myself as a female in my head. But not all of the time. And I did have an inclination to play as female characters in video games where there is an option of either gender. But...

A little over 3 years ago, I started seeing myself more as a woman, and it caused sadness to think that I wasn't. I didn't prioritize this idea very much because first of all, my family was anti trans and a bit anti LGBT as well. They were very on the right side politically. And the other thing is that I had mental health issues to deal with and I wanted to focus on that. One of them was still recovering from something reckless I did earlier in life... I overdosed on caffeine pills and caffeine drink on purpose for highs, getting up to a lethal level for three days in a row that was enough to at least cause some people heart problems. I had a crash and had to be taken to the hospital. Because I told the doctor I was having hallucinations and stuff at that point, and based on myself doing something so wreckless as caffeine popping, they determined I should be put on the same medicine used for others with such conditions, people with mental illness. These medicines worked out semi well, but I noticed I now had a bit of a mental handicap now too. Actually I am seeming to overcome this health condition of the mental handicap. But if I ever get back to same old, I still think it could take over 5 or 10 years to do so. And that's with a bunch of optimism.

My gender dysphoria grew worse over time. It turned into anxiety. I talked to my family multiple times about me transitioning. Every time my ideas were shot down. Then a month ago, I finally said the magic words which opened my religious family's heart. I said: "I need this (Hormone Replacement Therapy), for my health, and that's all there is to it. I don't expect you to understand, but please support it."

I had tried Hormone Replacement Therapy a bit before that, but felt too fragile to do it with my family completely against me. So I stopped. But since last month, I am now trans out in the open and taking it again and my family isn't being rough on me about it. I made several changes to my appearance and the HRT medicine has also caused changes in appearance. I'm achieving happiness. The estrogen is like a strong antidepressant for my mind, stronger than any normal antidepressant I have taken. And besides that, I'm getting these nice changes to my appearance.

Thank you very much for your clear and open account about yourself.
We are all different, I think.
There is no such person as the standard heterosexual.
And there is no such person as the standard gay, lesbian, trans-sexual or any other kind of sexuality.

And there is no such person as the standard poly-sexual, poly-amorous, mono-sexual.... Our sexual and our relationship 'drives' are all as individual as our fingerprints.

One day we'll get this right. Imo the Abrahamic religions have been holding us back since the beginning..... back in the day it was a 'survival of the group' thing, all about security, safety and strength, I get that..... but ever since it has been a blooming shackle.

It seems that you have only arrived recently at the person who makes you happy.... is that right? I congratulate you upon your immense and deep courage..... absolutely.

Be Happy! :)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It seems that you have only arrived recently at the person who makes you happy.... is that right?

More or less correct, yes. Though I do seem to be transitioning a little faster than most. When a person gets on Hormone Replacement Therapy, hormone blood tests are often conducted to determine dosages, and they also want to test other things too. But my tests revealed that I have low Testosterone, the male hormone, by default, and high Estrogen, the female hormone, by default. So they ended up altering a bit the regimen they planned to give me. And since a part of transitioning for a trans female is using the medicine to get your Testosterone low and Estrogen higher... well it's like I was already halfway there. So, in any case and probably because of that, I'm transitioning faster, developing feminine features faster, than most who take this path.