• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I could do better than God!

Were I to do everything as I said in the OP, You would: (Choose the best answer available)

• Prefer that PopeADope was God

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • The world would be better without injustice, violence, handicaps, hunger, disabilities etc.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I prefer the world the way it is. (PLEASE explain!!!)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I don't like how the world is, but I prefer God's decisions above PopeADope's. (Explain why)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I think the world would overall be a better place if God did as the OP suggests, but I'm still torn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, God does a better job than described in the OP! (Please explain)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Muffled

Jesus in me
Pope a dope said "If I were God, and I could, you bet I would."

I believe many of the bad things in this world are justice for evils done in past lives, so eliminating them eliminates justice and although God is just you would not be.

Muffled

Jesus in me
God doesn't do what he says.

Scripture says, "ask and you shall receive, ask anything of the father in my name and it shall be granted, seek and you shall find, knock and the door shall be opened unto you".

I would simply say, "Ask and you shall receive" and add, "as long as it doesn't involve causing somebody else suffering". And then, unlike our current God, I would be obedient to my promises...:innocent:

i believe the Buddhists believe in eliminating suffering. I believe as long as we have a competitive world there will be suffering. Last night the Philadelphia baseball team suffered a loss at the hands of the Boston Red Sox.

I believe God keeps His promises.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You have some very deep seated hate issues towards God.
Not that I can really blame you. I just hope these venting sessions are helping you find some sort of peace.

I believe rehearsing hurts and issues only makes a person more hurt and angry. It is reconciliation that brings peace.

Segev Moran

1. I prefer the world the way it is. (PLEASE explain!!!)
It is kind of true...
I don't really prefer the world as it is today, but i prefer the idea that humans have the power to change it to what the most of us would want it to be like.
So when choosing this option, i mean that IMPOV, our world is exactly how it is and it is up to us alone to change it to something better.
Putting that on the shelf, i genuinely think that god suggests a way for humans to do just that :)
So i prefer having the ability to change the world rather than outer force changing it for me.

I guess most of the people will agree that achieving something on "your own", is much more fulfilling than someone else handing it to you :)

I don't claim to be any better than the average poster at RF.
As most of the average posters here will not claim themselves to do better than god, it seems you literally claim just that :)
If you are law abiding, educated, productive member of society who follows the golden rule, you are better than myself.
Golden rule???
what is the golden rule?

If I were God, and I could, you bet I would.
What if by curing one it will harm another?
What if by changing one factor will cause a chain of events that will destroy countless of lives?
What if changing something like this, will render the entire idea of creation obsolete?
I would tell Adolf Hitler, Sadaam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, Jeffry Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, and other such people, "please don't even think about it or I will kill you!
Or in other words, You will be a dictator god?
Now, if you want to be healthy and not be a sociopath, just ask, and I will give you healthy desires and a change of heart.
So if for example i will ask for not being sick ever... will you grant it to me?
If so, what if all the people in the world will ask for it?
And what if we all ask not to die... ever?
If I had a problem with homosexuals, I would simply make them heterosexual and then problem solved! :thumbsup:
Dictator!!!
I would give pedophiles the ability to choose whether they want to be attracted to people their own age or not, and as a Father to all people, I wouldn't let them touch or rape any of my kids. I would actually be a responsible father and restrain them.
What if they say they want to be attracted to kids?
Will you create them kids that are okay with being "pedophiled"???
Or in your former words... make them a kid that is perfect for them?
I would anoint some yummy young ladies to work the miracles of Moses, Elijah, Jesus, and Michael the Archangel, and send them to Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, (and other places that do stupid things like imprison women for getting raped or showing hair) and preferably they would be wearing thongs, bikinis, or lingerie in defiance of the misogynistic dress-code laws. They would be bullet proof, and have all kinds of Angels protecting them, and they would work miracles greater than the ones in Scripture to destroy all dark-aged tyranny and misogyny, release those who are imprisoned for stupid reasons, and establish healthy laws that actually make sense. It would be the age of girl power!:dancer::dancers:
Lol.. I would love seeing such an angel ;)
If I were God, instead of thousands of protestant denominations, Hindus, Jehovah's witnesses, Catholics, Orthodox, Muslims, atheists, Shintos, Buddhists, Jews, Polytheists, and countless others, I would simply speak to all people regularly and let them know the truth.
so everyone will believe you are god.. what then?
There would be no need for a Bible or Qur'an because I would speak to people regularly and if they needed a sacred text, they could get a pen and write down what I'm saying. But no need, I live in their heart and mind, and simply remind them. ;)

I would make the blind see, the deaf hear, the Crippled walk, take away cancer, feed the hungry, cure HIV, and give people euphoria that is better than the best drug or the high that resembles being in love. And everyone would be beautiful and have a perfect body. And I give amputees new limbs.
Question:
In a world where everyone is rich, would you say money has a value?
I would make everyone like so many liberals these days in the sense that, people would have their inclinations to not be racist or bigots, and anyone could choose their race and appearance, and I provide.

And suddenly, if everyone gets tired of the euphoria, bliss, and dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, Gabba, adrenaline, and endorphin rush and decides they prefer not to exist....well, then I comfortably make them cease to exist. After giving them 40 days to think about it.

How will people know they are in euphoria?
So, if I were God, I give sociopaths a conscience, help rapists lose the desire to rape, help wannabe killers lose the desire to kill, establish leaders who want what is most kind to others and what is most just. I protect children, outlaw sex-slavery, and rescue people from all forms of slavery (or prevent it from happening). No war. No terrorism. I tell everyone the truth so that no one is confused, feed the hungry, build mansions for the homeless, stop animal cruelty and slaughter houses. No need for tests on animals, I just tell researchers and scientists what they need to know!
This is all humans doing.. not god's...
so in a nut shell, you will cancel everything about the humanity and invent a new humanity?

People don't make many mistakes because I tell them what they should do.
Dictator!!!!!
I'll even give a transgender female a penis and testicles. Or vice versa. :p
Lol.. i guess they will like that, huh? :)
However, everyone has a free-will still. I'm not violating free-will anymore than a police man or Angel violates free-will by arresting or killing threats to society.
so if i will to kill someone? just for the fun of it?
Would you prefer that I was God?

Absolutely not!!!!
The reality you suggest is a much scarier reality than we live in :)
Keep in mind that if you like morphine, PCP, cocaine, Ketamine, Benzodiazepines, amphetamines, adrenaline, whatever, I'd make it grow on trees, put it in your lettuce. Only it would be safe, non-addictive, no comedown, or you simply ask me "God, please give me the epitome of joy, euphoria, and pleasure. God please give me an orgasm. God, please give me the perfect partner." And I would provide, as long as you weren't repeatedly rebelling against me and hurting others.

If you wanted your own Blimp, your own hot air balloon, your own wings, your own pet Dinosaur or pet whatever, your own submarine or yacht, your own walk on the moon or mars, just try to obey me and listen to me, and it shall be granted! No need for astronauts, everyone gets to go to mars, the moon, or Uranus. If you want to walk on the sun, well, that can be arranged honey! You want a boob job or something further south, just ask! :D

Keep in mind , in Scripture God made all things with the words of his mouth, and in Scripture turned a woman into a pillar of salt, made frogs materialize out of nothing, turned water into blood, destroyed cities with fire and brimstone, raised the dead, restored flesh to people where leprosy had eaten it away. This means, if I was God, I would have the power to do all this. No one gets tossed into a lake of fire either. Do you have any better ideas to add? Were I God, I would grant them most likely, as long as it didn't cause others suffering. Ask and you shall receive. Were I God, I would actually do what I say. :)

So in a nut shell, you offer a reality where one have no need to do anything to achieve what he wants.
A reality where no one have anything he can contribute to this world.
A reality where no one needs to learn, study or discover anything new.
A reality where no one needs to work or to invest effort in order to achieve things.
A reality where nothing has a real value (emotional or material... whatever it is you prefer).
A reality where humans are redundant.
A reality where nothing is useful and everything is obsolete.
A really where nothing is appreciated.
A reality where where Good and bad has no meaning.
A reality where nothing but you has any real value.

I go on a limb here and say you'll make a pretty lousy god ;)

Hawkins

If God doesn't exist at all, what do you want to blame these for?

The purpose of earth is for everyone to be able to make such an assumption. Or else everyone without exception will be saved. It doesn't make much sense to ask God to remove this option from you.

Last edited:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Hey Pope,
There's a few problems here, but one in particular.
If you were `God` and `He` created humankind, `He` would have created humankind with one particular fault, `He` gave humankind `free will`. Wouldn't that prevent any commands from you to be ignored ? At least some of the time, like girls loving girls...or guys loving guys, etc, etc.
I really don't know...but....................would you change that condition....free will ?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I could do better than God!

You are not G-d, so one is incapacitated to do better. It is a wrong notion.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
God doesn't do what he says.

Scripture says, "ask and you shall receive, ask anything of the father in my name and it shall be granted, seek and you shall find, knock and the door shall be opened unto you".

I would simply say, "Ask and you shall receive" and add, "as long as it doesn't involve causing somebody else suffering". And then, unlike our current God, I would be obedient to my promises...:innocent:
G-d is not what is understood by Pauline Christianity. It is against what Moses, Jesus or Mary believed in, please.

Regards

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Ohhhh….paarsurrey,
You forgot the Holy Ghost...`He` feels left out ! And what about Saul ?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Paarsurrey,
The `Holy ghost` is a part of the trinity, as in the bible,...yes ?
Isn't the ghost a part of `God`, otherwise known as Allah ?
Just wondering ! Ask any Catholic !
Is Allah and `God` the same thing ? Or is it separate, as in `are`.
If Allah and `God` are separate, what's the difference ?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Sorry about the delay...was painting the front wall.
All sweaty and hot, need a shower,
later gator.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
hey Paarsurrey,
The `Holy ghost` is a part of the trinity, as in the bible,...yes ?
Isn't the ghost a part of `God`, otherwise known as Allah ?
Just wondering ! Ask any Catholic !
Is Allah and `God` the same thing ? Or is it separate, as in `are`.
If Allah and `God` are separate, what's the difference ?
Please quote the word Trinity from Jesus mouth from the Gospels. Is it there?

Regards

Milton Platt

I don't claim to be any better than the average poster at RF. If you are law abiding, educated, productive member of society who follows the golden rule, you are better than myself.

But I am better than God. You know why I don't heal quadriplegics, establish women's equality in terribly misogynistic places like Saudi-Arabia, or help police catch pedophiles and mass-murderers?? Because I can't!!

If I were God, and I could, you bet I would.

I would tell Adolf Hitler, Sadaam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, Jeffry Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, and other such people, "please don't even think about it or I will kill you! Now, if you want to be healthy and not be a sociopath, just ask, and I will give you healthy desires and a change of heart. And Ted, I might create for you the perfect masochistic woman for who likes to be controlled, as long as you don't kill her, alright!":innocent: (sorta joking. I'd make them perfect for each other:holdinghands:. )

If I had a problem with homosexuals, I would simply make them heterosexual and then problem solved! :thumbsup:

I would give pedophiles the ability to choose whether they want to be attracted to people their own age or not, and as a Father to all people, I wouldn't let them touch or rape any of my kids. I would actually be a responsible father and restrain them.

I would anoint some yummy young ladies to work the miracles of Moses, Elijah, Jesus, and Michael the Archangel, and send them to Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, (and other places that do stupid things like imprison women for getting raped or showing hair) and preferably they would be wearing thongs, bikinis, or lingerie in defiance of the misogynistic dress-code laws. They would be bullet proof, and have all kinds of Angels protecting them, and they would work miracles greater than the ones in Scripture to destroy all dark-aged tyranny and misogyny, release those who are imprisoned for stupid reasons, and establish healthy laws that actually make sense. It would be the age of girl power!:dancer::dancers:

If I were God, instead of thousands of protestant denominations, Hindus, Jehovah's witnesses, Catholics, Orthodox, Muslims, atheists, Shintos, Buddhists, Jews, Polytheists, and countless others, I would simply speak to all people regularly and let them know the truth.

There would be no need for a Bible or Qur'an because I would speak to people regularly and if they needed a sacred text, they could get a pen and write down what I'm saying. But no need, I live in their heart and mind, and simply remind them. ;)

I would make the blind see, the deaf hear, the Crippled walk, take away cancer, feed the hungry, cure HIV, and give people euphoria that is better than the best drug or the high that resembles being in love. And everyone would be beautiful and have a perfect body. And I give amputees new limbs.

I would make everyone like so many liberals these days in the sense that, people would have their inclinations to not be racist or bigots, and anyone could choose their race and appearance, and I provide.

And suddenly, if everyone gets tired of the euphoria, bliss, and dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, Gabba, adrenaline, and endorphin rush and decides they prefer not to exist....well, then I comfortably make them cease to exist. After giving them 40 days to think about it.

So, if I were God, I give sociopaths a conscience, help rapists lose the desire to rape, help wannabe killers lose the desire to kill, establish leaders who want what is most kind to others and what is most just. I protect children, outlaw sex-slavery, and rescue people from all forms of slavery (or prevent it from happening). No war. No terrorism. I tell everyone the truth so that no one is confused, feed the hungry, build mansions for the homeless, stop animal cruelty and slaughter houses. No need for tests on animals, I just tell researchers and scientists what they need to know!

People don't make many mistakes because I tell them what they should do.

I'll even give a transgender female a penis and testicles. Or vice versa. :p

However, everyone has a free-will still. I'm not violating free-will anymore than a police man or Angel violates free-will by arresting or killing threats to society.

Would you prefer that I was God? Keep in mind that if you like morphine, PCP, cocaine, Ketamine, Benzodiazepines, amphetamines, adrenaline, whatever, I'd make it grow on trees, put it in your lettuce. Only it would be safe, non-addictive, no comedown, or you simply ask me "God, please give me the epitome of joy, euphoria, and pleasure. God please give me an orgasm. God, please give me the perfect partner." And I would provide, as long as you weren't repeatedly rebelling against me and hurting others.

If you wanted your own Blimp, your own hot air balloon, your own wings, your own pet Dinosaur or pet whatever, your own submarine or yacht, your own walk on the moon or mars, just try to obey me and listen to me, and it shall be granted! No need for astronauts, everyone gets to go to mars, the moon, or Uranus. If you want to walk on the sun, well, that can be arranged honey! You want a boob job or something further south, just ask! :D

Keep in mind , in Scripture God made all things with the words of his mouth, and in Scripture turned a woman into a pillar of salt, made frogs materialize out of nothing, turned water into blood, destroyed cities with fire and brimstone, raised the dead, restored flesh to people where leprosy had eaten it away. This means, if I was God, I would have the power to do all this. No one gets tossed into a lake of fire either. Do you have any better ideas to add? Were I God, I would grant them most likely, as long as it didn't cause others suffering. Ask and you shall receive. Were I God, I would actually do what I say. :)

You’ve already done better than the biblical god. You haven’t promoted slaver, or genocide, or infanticide.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Paarsurry,
Not talking about Jesus here, He said a lot, about a lot, and He wrote nothing much.
Excepting some scratching in the sand about a prostitute.
But back to `God` and Allah...what's the difference ?
I've answered your's, now answer mine.