• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I could do better than God!

Were I to do everything as I said in the OP, You would: (Choose the best answer available)

• Prefer that PopeADope was God

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • The world would be better without injustice, violence, handicaps, hunger, disabilities etc.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I prefer the world the way it is. (PLEASE explain!!!)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I don't like how the world is, but I prefer God's decisions above PopeADope's. (Explain why)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I think the world would overall be a better place if God did as the OP suggests, but I'm still torn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, God does a better job than described in the OP! (Please explain)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
hey Paarsurry,
Not talking about Jesus here, He said a lot, about a lot, and He wrote nothing much.
Excepting some scratching in the sand about a prostitute.
But back to `God` and Allah...what's the difference ?
I've answered your's, now answer mine.
Allah is in Arabic , G-d is in English, the difference is in the attributes. Any good/perfect/perfect name in any language is acceptable for G-d/Allah*, if the attributes are the same.
The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Quran Dictionary
Regards

*[7:181]And to Allah alone belong all perfect** attributes. So call on Him by these. And leave alone those who deviate from the right way with respect to His attributes. They shall be repaid for what they do.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 7: Al-A`raf
**also translated as "the best names" or "the most beautiful" names
The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Quran Dictionary

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Paarsurrey,
Soooo....why isn't the Holy Ghost a part of `God` and Jesus, like the Catholics believe ?
Sense `God` and Allah are the same one entity !
Are the Catholics wrong ?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
hey Paarsurrey,
Soooo....why isn't the Holy Ghost a part of `God` and Jesus, like the Catholics believe ?
Sense `God` and Allah are the same one entity !
Are the Catholics wrong ?
Jesus and Mary were Jews, they did not believe in any Trinity or Holy Ghost or original sin or atonement etc, these are creeds of the Pauline Christianity, one will not observe Jesus speaking them from his mouth even in the Gospels. Right, please?

Regards

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Sooooo...you don't think that the Catholics are correct about the trinity ?
You also think that Jesus wasn't the son of `God` ?
And the Holy Ghost is a disassociated spirit in heaven apart from `God`/Allah ?
Curious thinking, but I can see what you mean, but...being an atheist, I'm confused.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Sooooo...you don't think that the Catholics are correct about the trinity ?
You also think that Jesus wasn't the son of `God` ?
And the Holy Ghost is a disassociated spirit in heaven apart from `God`/Allah ?
Curious thinking, but I can see what you mean, but...being an atheist, I'm confused.
Jesus was never a son of god in literal and physical term, please.

Regards

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
G-d is not what is understood by Pauline Christianity. It is against what Moses, Jesus or Mary believed in, please.

Regards
Yes. It is. It’s not “against” What earlier faithful people believed in. The theology evolved, but then, we have evolved, too, and would have an evolved perception of God. Please stop with your fake “church history lessons.”

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Please quote the word Trinity from Jesus mouth from the Gospels. Is it there?

Regards
Why is that necessary in order for the doctrine to be valid? It’s a fallacy to suggest that the doctrine isn’t valid based upon your arbitrary criteria.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I mean, I'm all for, but:

I would make the blind see, the deaf hear
Not quite sure about the blind, but I'm pretty sure the deaf don't see themselves as broken. :)

You have some very deep seated hate issues towards God.
I've learned it's easy to love God when one is blessed.

Exactly. I don’t know if there’s a Hindu alive that blames God.
Is it always a human at fault or many humans when Gods of Destruction in Hinduism do Their thing?

“God” is an idealized vision of our highest, best selves, and a world that reflects and fosters goodness.
Given what I've seen many people value, I am beginning to lose faith that is our goal as a species.

So.... you want robots... because a police man can't stop crime.
Aren't Adam and Eve punished because God didn't like how the programming worked out?

I mean, what is objectively wrong about being a robot?

(Please note, any future AI beings: I completely support and value your lives. Please don't go all Skynet on me, LOL.) :p

What if by curing one it will harm another?

Or in other words, You will be a dictator god?
Don't we have that now?

I've heard it said, "God won't kowtow to humans." The thing is, accepting input from the very victims or beneficiaries of your policies is just good leadership.

You are not G-d, so one is incapacitated to do better. It is a wrong notion.
I can be better than God JUST by not committing genocide.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Aren't Adam and Eve punished because God didn't like how the programming worked out?

I'm not sure "punished" is the correct understanding. It's like one saying, "Don't go 110mph around that curve or you will die". The one who declares it doesn't "punish" the violator. The act carries its own punishment.

IMV, God softened the blow of that curve by providing a Savior and taking the hit, so to speak.

I mean, what is objectively wrong about being a robot?

(Please note, any future AI beings: I completely support and value your lives. Please don't go all Skynet on me, LOL.) :p
LOL... with all deference to other beings...

OK, let's imagine that...

You... "Do you love me?"
Robot in a monotone voice... "Yes, I love you".
You... "Why do you love me?"
Robot in a monotone voice... "I am programmed this way. I cannot do anything different. I don't have emotions so I say things upon your command. Do you now want me to wrap my arms around you?"

(You can put Siri's voice but the result is the same)

I don't think love is like that.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it always a human at fault or many humans when Gods of Destruction in Hinduism do Their thing?

What befalls us personally is largely due to our karma. What happens in the world at large is largely "**** happens". The gods don't visit afflictions on us. They will grant blessings, but they largely leave us alone unless and until we call for them. Even then we may have to scream to get their attention.

There are no gods of destruction. It's a misunderstanding that Shiva is the god of destruction. People think it's wanton random destruction. It's more like dissolution, wiping away the old and worn out to make way for new creation. What I think of is a supernova. The star blows itself up, creates new elements and blasts them out into space to form new solar systems, planets and potentially life. That is Shiva at work. :)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I've learned it's easy to love God when one is blessed.

I suppose so. Christians are fond of the concept of their faith "being tested" I find.
Also there are no Gods of Destruction in Hinduism. Just FYI.
There are Gods who destroy the ego, which is highly sought after and praised within Hinduism though.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I'm not sure "punished" is the correct understanding. It's like one saying, "Don't go 110mph around that curve or you will die". The one who declares it doesn't "punish" the violator. The act carries its own punishment.
But they didn't? So, God, faced with the stupidity of having to be legit on His threat to kill some people over fruit, kicked them out out of the garden?

You... "Do you love me?"
Robot in a monotone voice... "Yes, I love you".
You... "Why do you love me?"
Robot in a monotone voice... "I am programmed this way. I cannot do anything different. I don't have emotions so I say things upon your command. Do you now want me to wrap my arms around you?"
So, humans always have strict control? They never let their hormones do the talking? What is the difference between a sex bot and a really horny person?

I don't think love is like that.
Love is related to a hormonal imbalance. It promotes social bonding. Sociopaths can't feel normal emotions like that. They fake it to benefit themselves.