• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I could do better than God!

Were I to do everything as I said in the OP, You would: (Choose the best answer available)

• Prefer that PopeADope was God

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • The world would be better without injustice, violence, handicaps, hunger, disabilities etc.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I prefer the world the way it is. (PLEASE explain!!!)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I don't like how the world is, but I prefer God's decisions above PopeADope's. (Explain why)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I think the world would overall be a better place if God did as the OP suggests, but I'm still torn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, God does a better job than described in the OP! (Please explain)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I’ve already explained to you how Xtian doctrine and theology is more “crowdsourced” than you seem to think. Jesus left the church to us — why not the doctrine that defines us?
I believe that with this reason/argument Jesus becomes not fit to be god of Christianity, as he left important things , core creeds and doctrines to be made/decided by sinful and unfit persons later terming them "mysteries" instead of defining them himself by Jesus. Right, please?

Regards

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Why should I trust the NT when it can't even get a simple detail like "name the characters in a story" right?
You don't have to... never said you did have to.

Yeah, my parents told me they loved me too. They're both narcissistic sociopaths. I don't take the words for granted anymore.
EXACTLY! You knew it wasn't real

And God helped ... how? He created the jerk to begin with.
And people have babies... some decide to be jerks and some don't. He wasn't a jerk when he was created.

They say they found the LAW book. That's not all five.
You could be right... people have both positions.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I believe that with this reason/argument Jesus becomes not fit to be god of Christianity, as he left important things , core creeds and doctrines to be made/decided by sinful and unfit persons later terming them "mysteries" instead of defining them himself by Jesus. Right, please?

Regards
I believe that God desires community and relationship wherein love, equity, compassion and support are fostered, more than God desires some “correct doctrinal statements.”