• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I could do better than God!

Were I to do everything as I said in the OP, You would: (Choose the best answer available)

• Prefer that PopeADope was God

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • The world would be better without injustice, violence, handicaps, hunger, disabilities etc.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I prefer the world the way it is. (PLEASE explain!!!)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I don't like how the world is, but I prefer God's decisions above PopeADope's. (Explain why)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I think the world would overall be a better place if God did as the OP suggests, but I'm still torn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, God does a better job than described in the OP! (Please explain)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Please quote the word Trinity from Jesus mouth from the Gospels. Is it there?

I believe this covers it. "The Son" "My Father" "The Holy Spirit"
Please quote one verse from Jesus' mouth where all these three have been presented as gods in straightforward manner and the reasons given by Jesus.

Regards

lostwanderingsoul

Maybe instead of thinking what you could do in other people's lives as God, you should start by doing what you can in your own life. Get an education. Get a job. Get off drugs and alcohol. Take control of your own life before you try to control others.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Maybe instead of thinking what you could do in other people's lives as God, you should start by doing what you can in your own life. Get an education. Get a job. Get off drugs and alcohol. Take control of your own life before you try to control others.
It is a good piece of advice.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why is that necessary in order for the doctrine to be valid? It’s a fallacy to suggest that the doctrine isn’t valid based upon your arbitrary criteria.
If Jesus did not present it in a straightforward manner then it is indeed not a valid doctrine, it shows that it has been made-up later.
Regards

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
But they didn't? So, God, faced with the stupidity of having to be legit on His threat to kill some people over fruit, kicked them out out of the garden?
No... I don't think that is the narrative.

In following Satan... it was Satan who was trying to kill them. It wasn't about the fruit, it was about a wrong action. He didn't "kick them" out of the Garden, He saved them from being eternally unredeemable until they were able "to come back to the Garden"

So, humans always have strict control? They never let their hormones do the talking? What is the difference between a sex bot and a really horny person?
Free will

Love is related to a hormonal imbalance. It promotes social bonding. Sociopaths can't feel normal emotions like that. They fake it to benefit themselves.
No. it is a spiritual force. God is love, not an hormonal imbalance

Kenny

Premium Member
If Jesus did not present it in a straightforward manner then it is indeed not a valid doctrine, it shows that it has been made-up later.
Regards
I disagree. He wasn't here to establish that He was The Word but to save the world.

But the narrative shows that it wasn't made up later.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Regards
Aaaand... “being made up later” is a problem... in what way, again? Sound doctrine can ONLY come from Jesus? Have read and understood my other posts on the nature of Xy?

Kelly of the Phoenix

Get an education.
Do you live in a country where it's free? What's that like? And how does ignorance exist in countries where education is free?

Get off drugs and alcohol.
It's a bit more complicated than that. You can die from withdrawal, you know. Drugs rewrite how your body works. You can't just "get off" them without medical supervision.

Take control of your own life before you try to control others.
Pope doesn't live in a place where he legally has control over his own life. Welcome to healthcare.

It is a good piece of advice.
I've noticed many people preach for self-responsibility but then take no responsibility for helping others. A hungry person should "just go get something to eat" but God forbid anyone "just go get the guy something to eat".

Most of it is a made-up narrative.
Stories show what the authors valued. They VALUED genocide.

In following Satan... it was Satan who was trying to kill them.
Satan isn't in the story and the serpent is the only one being completely honest about the real reason, which God verifies VERBATIM. God didn't want to share Superpower Fruit. God ADMITS this only when discovered. God is left with the mountain of stupid such as telling a child they are going to be killed for drawing on the walls. He can't apologize because of His ego, so He just kicks the kids out of the house instead of killing them.

He didn't "kick them" out of the Garden, He saved them from being eternally unredeemable until they were able "to come back to the Garden"
Eden is somewhere in Iraq, right? Is it buried under a shopping mall parking lot now? "Sorry, angel with the lightsaber: we have to put our cars somewhere."

Free will
If properly programmed to pass the Turing test, how you will tell the difference?

God is love, not an hormonal imbalance
Love doesn't drown a planet, Ken.

I've grown up in an abusive household. I know an abusive relationship when I see it. Having God tells me He loves me as He smites me is abusive.

There was never so much evil in the world that fetuses deserved to die, right? And yet we are to believe that even cute little kittens had to suffer God's wrath because someone somewhere didn't toe the line that doesn't even exist at that point in the story.

But the narrative shows that it wasn't made up later.
Prove anything in Genesis can be traced before the judges or monarchy. When a book of law is found during the reign of King Josiah, that is ONE book, not the rest of them. That can only mean that the monarchy, desperate to put a national myth in place to garner more power, made up the rest of it. Kind of like what our government is doing now.

Government: You know you lost your job because you failed to stay up to date and think Jesus will cry if you learn anything new? Well, don't fret: you ACTUALLY lost your job because brown people just escaped persecution by coming here. You should blame THEM instead.

Kenny

Premium Member
Satan isn't in the story and the serpent is the only one being completely honest about the real reason, which God verifies VERBATIM. God didn't want to share Superpower Fruit. God ADMITS this only when discovered. God is left with the mountain of stupid such as telling a child they are going to be killed for drawing on the walls. He can't apologize because of His ego, so He just kicks the kids out of the house instead of killing them.
You lost me here... OK... so the serpent is the Devil, does it really change anything? Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil,

Are we going somewhere with this?

Eden is somewhere in Iraq, right? Is it buried under a shopping mall parking lot now? "Sorry, angel with the lightsaber: we have to put our cars somewhere."
We have no idea where it is at. Don't you think time changes the landscape>

If properly programmed to pass the Turing test, how you will tell the difference?
You know love... at least I know when it is love.

Love doesn't drown a planet, Ken.

I've grown up in an abusive household. I know an abusive relationship when I see it. Having God tells me He loves me as He smites me is abusive.

There was never so much evil in the world that fetuses deserved to die, right? And yet we are to believe that even cute little kittens had to suffer God's wrath because someone somewhere didn't toe the line that doesn't even exist at that point in the story.
My wife grew up with an alcoholic abusive dad... saw murder, prostitution and women being dragged by the hair. Her mom protected her.

God didn't smite you... The Word stood in between you and the smiting, its a love story.

Prove anything in Genesis can be traced before the judges or monarchy. When a book of law is found during the reign of King Josiah, that is ONE book, not the rest of them. That can only mean that the monarchy, desperate to put a national myth in place to garner more power, made up the rest of it. Kind of like what our government is doing now.

Government: You know you lost your job because you failed to stay up to date and think Jesus will cry if you learn anything new? Well, don't fret: you ACTUALLY lost your job because brown people just escaped persecution by coming here. You should blame THEM instead.
I disagree... they found the the 5 books of what we call the Bible... they called it the Torah. It's one book

sojourner

Regards
No, that’s not How it Works. Jesus is not the author of all doctrine. That’s a false criterion you’re trying to superimpose on Christianity.

sojourner

Please quote one verse from Jesus' mouth where all these three have been presented as gods in straightforward manner and the reasons given by Jesus
You’re doing it again. Jesus commissioned his apostles to act in his stead.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You’re doing it again. Jesus commissioned his apostles to act in his stead.
Why, please? He was not an incapacitated person to leave such an important and core issue of Christianity to the anonymous and sinful narrators. I don't think that he was such a person. Rather it shows that Jesus and Mary were Jews and they never believed in any Trinity like a faithful Jew. Right, please?

Regards

sojourner

Why, please? He was not an incapacitated person to leave such an important and core issue of Christianity to the anonymous and sinful narrators. I don't think that he was such a person. Rather it shows that Jesus and Mary were Jews and they never believed in any Trinity like a faithful Jew. Right, please?

Regards
I’ve already explained to you how Xtian doctrine and theology is more “crowdsourced” than you seem to think. Jesus left the church to us — why not the doctrine that defines us?

Kelly of the Phoenix

You lost me here... OK... so the serpent is the Devil, does it really change anything? Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil,

Are we going somewhere with this?
Why should I trust the NT when it can't even get a simple detail like "name the characters in a story" right?

You know love... at least I know when it is love.
Yeah, my parents told me they loved me too. They're both narcissistic sociopaths. I don't take the words for granted anymore.

My wife grew up with an alcoholic abusive dad... saw murder, prostitution and women being dragged by the hair. Her mom protected her.
And God helped ... how? He created the jerk to begin with.

I disagree... they found the the 5 books of what we call the Bible... they called it the Torah. It's one book
They say they found the LAW book. That's not all five.