• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe Satan has brain washed most Christians/people.

Johnlove

Yes, it says you have one Father, who is in Heaven. But Catholics call all priests "father" and the Pope "holy father". They are putting these human men on the same level as the Heavenly Father. I think people can have a human father who they can call father or dad or papa or what ever but they also have a spiritual father in Heaven and they should not refer to any human on earth as being on the same level as this Heavenly Father. That is exactly eaht calling a priest or Pope "father" is doing - putting him on the same level as God.
When I asked Jesus if my understanding that we were not to call any man here on earth our father was right, Jesus told me that it was dangerous to be called father, and also dangerous to call another man here on earth father.

I believe the people who fostered the Reformation, brought a teaching from Satan, and made people believe it was from God.

Those people made people believe that it took God almost sixteen hundred years to bring people the true Gospel.

All those people did was to misunderstand Paul’s writings. The writings that are very plain and tell people that if they sin they will never go to Heaven, are discounted as if they are speaking to others, not those who believe what the Reformers said.

Yes I believe those people were brain washed by the devil.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

(1 Corinthians 5:11) “What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that.”

I believe Satan is ever striving to get rid of the law of God. Most pastors teach there is no law. Talk about wolves in sheep clothing.

Johnlove

I have no stake at all regarding theology here(pagan n' all that), so this is only in regards to the historical event;

Martin Luther did not set out to destroy, subvert, damage or such the Catholic Church. His Theses were as a devout believer troubled by the corruption found in the church during his time, namely things such as Indulgences and what not. He even said that if the Church could point out either a rational or purely scriptural argument for their actions he would retract his arguments and repent. Even as things started to grow heated between himself and the Papacy he was only looking to reform the Church, as in make a handful of changes regarding things he saw as un-Christian or anathema to the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth.

And do note, I'm no Luther apologist. He was a massive anti-Semitic, anti-science prick whos only decent contribution to the world is his (unintended) help in standardizing the German language.
Luther believed in a Church that had been teaching a false gospel for many years. The reason the church was so corrupt was because it had been condemned for a long time. So what Luther believed in was a false gospel, and he kept on preaching that false gospel.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Luther believed in a Church that had been teaching a false gospel for many years. The reason the church was so corrupt was because it had been condemned for a long time. So what Luther believed in was a false gospel, and he kept on preaching that false gospel.
Whatever floats your boat.

Johnlove

Whatever floats your boat.
Jesus has chosen me to give a word from God to people. The word he has for me to give is not very pleasant for most all the people in the world.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

(Matthew 7:13-14) “Enter by the narrow gate since the road that leads to perdition is wide and spacious, and many take it; but it is a narrow gate and a hard road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

(Matthew 20:16) “So the last shall be first and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.”

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Yes, it says you have one Father, who is in Heaven. But Catholics call all priests "father" and the Pope "holy father". They are putting these human men on the same level as the Heavenly Father. I think people can have a human father who they can call father or dad or papa or what ever but they also have a spiritual father in Heaven and they should not refer to any human on earth as being on the same level as this Heavenly Father. That is exactly eaht calling a priest or Pope "father" is doing - putting him on the same level as God.

Again, you are missing the point of the text.

It says don't use the words meaning - rabbi, teacher, master, father. Rabbi being a priest. So you can't call anyone priest either.

I'm guessing you use the words father, priest, teacher, etc. on a daily basis.

That is obviously NOT what it is actually saying.

As for Catholic priests putting themselves on the same level as God - that is ridiculous. They hold God above themselves just like all other Christian groups. You can read about their use of Father, and their beliefs by going to Catholic encyclopedia. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/ - http://oce.catholic.com/index.php?title=Home

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Jesus has chosen me to give a word from God to people. The word he has for me to give is not very pleasant for most all the people in the world.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

(Matthew 7:13-14) “Enter by the narrow gate since the road that leads to perdition is wide and spacious, and many take it; but it is a narrow gate and a hard road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

(Matthew 20:16) “So the last shall be first and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.”
Sigh. This gets to be tedious, explaining this each time, but here we go again;

I've read the NT in the original languages it was first written down in(Koine Greek, Aramaic for some bits, ect). I've read the OT(and a decent amount of the rest of Hebrew Canon) in Hebrew. I saw nothing in them worthwhile. Or to paraphrase a bit of the Bible I have weighed, measured and found your God and the Nazarene to be wanting. You worship yours, I'll worship mine, and I do not expect or want you to believe in the Aesir & Vanir.

bain-druie

Tree-Hugger!
That is the problem when man decides for himself what is true and is not true.

Jesus personally told me the Christian Bible is God’s written Word.

People who still sin are following the devil, and will never find the truth, until he or she allows God to give them the grace to obey him.

(1 John 3:8) “Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since the devil has been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.”

You are clearly unaware of the concept of 'rational discussion'; you are also extremely arrogant, and doesn't your god object very strongly to pride when present in anyone except himself? Your subjective, arbitrary statement that Jesus personally told you blahblahblah is no more legitimate than my subjective, arbitrary statement that my Goddess personally told me cheese sandwiches are the incarnation of evil. You give no evidence beyond your alleged personal experience, which in essence is EXACTLY what you describe in your first sentence: 'man deciding for himself what is and is not true'. YOU are something Jesus detested more than anything: a hypocrite, shamelessly doing the same thing you condemn in others.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

You should never start with the idea that YOU are a prophet, - it makes people think you are nuts - hearing voices.

Did you know that Jesus says it is OK for non followers to use his name in their magic rituals?

Johnlove

Sigh. This gets to be tedious, explaining this each time, but here we go again;

I've read the NT in the original languages it was first written down in(Koine Greek, Aramaic for some bits, ect). I've read the OT(and a decent amount of the rest of Hebrew Canon) in Hebrew. I saw nothing in them worthwhile. Or to paraphrase a bit of the Bible I have weighed, measured and found your God and the Nazarene to be wanting. You worship yours, I'll worship mine, and I do not expect or want you to believe in the Aesir & Vanir.
The bible was never meant to give people the knowledge to come to know God. How foolish of people to believe something that is physical could bring one to know God who is spiritual. Spiritual is much more real than the physical.

I did not come to know God by reading the bible. No I was told by God to read the bible so it could be used by me to communicate with those who believe it is the written Word of God. The Christian Bible is God’s written Word, and that was told to me by God.

The written Word is not a very good way to communicate. People make the written Word say whatever he or she wants to believe. Satan makes sure that most people believe as he wants them to believe.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-16) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God. Now instead of the spirit of the world, we have received the Spirit that comes from God, to teach us to understand the gifts that he has given us. Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually. A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything and his own value in not to be judged by other men. As scripture says;’ who can know the mind of the Lord, so who can teach him?’ But we are those who have the mind of Christ.”

Johnlove

You are clearly unaware of the concept of 'rational discussion'; you are also extremely arrogant, and doesn't your god object very strongly to pride when present in anyone except himself? Your subjective, arbitrary statement that Jesus personally told you blahblahblah is no more legitimate than my subjective, arbitrary statement that my Goddess personally told me cheese sandwiches are the incarnation of evil. You give no evidence beyond your alleged personal experience, which in essence is EXACTLY what you describe in your first sentence: 'man deciding for himself what is and is not true'. YOU are something Jesus detested more than anything: a hypocrite, shamelessly doing the same thing you condemn in others.
You have a right to believe whatever you want, it is your life, and soul. I personally don’t care what you believe. Also my post are not in any way designed to convince anyone of anything.

No God just has me give a word, and I do as he tells me.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
The bible was never meant to give people the knowledge to come to know God. How foolish of people to believe something that is physical could bring one to know God who is spiritual. Spiritual is much more real than the physical.

I did not come to know God by reading the bible. No I was told by God to read the bible so it could be used by me to communicate with those who believe it is the written Word of God. The Christian Bible is God’s written Word, and that was told to me by God.

The written Word is not a very good way to communicate. People make the written Word say whatever he or she wants to believe. Satan makes sure that most people believe as he wants them to believe.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-16) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God. Now instead of the spirit of the world, we have received the Spirit that comes from God, to teach us to understand the gifts that he has given us. Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually. A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything and his own value in not to be judged by other men. As scripture says;’ who can know the mind of the Lord, so who can teach him?’ But we are those who have the mind of Christ.”
I used to hear voices too. Legitimately. You may want to get that checked out.

Johnlove

I used to hear voices too. Legitimately. You may want to get that checked out.
Yes that is one of the nasty ways of ignoring what I say. Some of my close friends have even use that way so they did not have to see the truth. People need to do something to discount what they don’t want to hear.

Jesus told us that he would call his own out by name and they would recognize his voice. People who Jesus has not called need to believe something else so he or she can believe themselves one of God’s chosen, don’t they?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

You haven't replied to my post?

You should never start with the idea that YOU are a prophet, - it makes people think you are nuts - hearing voices.

Did you know that Jesus says it is OK for non followers to use his name in their magic rituals?

I wasn't teasing you, - saying a voice told me that.

It is actually in the Bible.

There is a lot in there that Christians choose to ignore, - like the use of magic by the Hebrew, Jesus' followers, and early Christians.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Yes that is one of the nasty ways of ignoring what I say. Some of my close friends have even use that way so they did not have to see the truth. People need to do something to discount what they don’t want to hear.
Nasty? I used to have auditory hallucinations & delusions. It's something that happens.

Jesus told us that he would call his own out by name and they would recognize his voice. People who Jesus has not called need to believe something else so he or she can believe themselves one of God’s chosen, don’t they?
That's now how the Aesir & Vanir work. There is no "saving", there's nothing wrong with us to begin with. You go to Valhalla, Folkvangr, Hel(think Greek Hades), Ran's Hall or Nastrond(mostly just cowards here really) based only on what you do.

Belief is as worthless to the Gods as it is to humans.

Forgemaster

Heretic
That's now how the Aesir & Vanir work. There is no "saving", there's nothing wrong with us to begin with. You go to Valhalla, Folkvangr, Hel(think Greek Hades), Ran's Hall or Nastrond(mostly just cowards here really) based only on what you do.

Belief is as worthless to the Gods as it is to humans.[/QUOTE]

Christians simply don't understand this point, they only understand the sin-redemption/slave-master relationship they have with their god and they seem unable to comprehend the way the Gods work, I have tried explaining it, they always either call me a servant of Satan or that "everyone sins and you need to be saved" it's like talking to a wall

Johnlove

You haven't replied to my post?

I wasn't teasing you, - saying a voice told me that.

It is actually in the Bible.

There is a lot in there that Christians choose to ignore, - like the use of magic by the Hebrew, Jesus' followers, and early Christians.

You don’t understand it does not matter how the message is presented, people will only receive it if God has them do so. Jesus has had me do this for almost forty years, and I have seen this to be true.

God had me give a message to a large group of Charismatic minister/pastors. I had to tell them they did not love Jesus. The majority knew that what was said by me was a prophesy. But there were some in the assembly that did not get it at all.

I was told by God to give a word and leave. That is just what I did with that body of ministers.

bain-druie

Tree-Hugger!
You have a right to believe whatever you want, it is your life, and soul. I personally don’t care what you believe. Also my post are not in any way designed to convince anyone of anything.

No God just has me give a word, and I do as he tells me.

Excellent! It is therefore with pleasure that I bid you godspeed - in some other direction than the one in which my journey is taking me. :bullettrainside:

In all seriousness, I strongly suggest that you seek professional medical help. You sound to me like someone with a chemical imbalance that needs correction. I'm sure you'd never heed that, but there's a slim chance that if you have loved ones they might see it and be able to get you the help you probably need.

Johnlove

Excellent! It is therefore with pleasure that I bid you godspeed - in some other direction than the one in which my journey is taking me. :bullettrainside:

In all seriousness, I strongly suggest that you seek professional medical help. You sound to me like someone with a chemical imbalance that needs correction. I'm sure you'd never heed that, but there's a slim chance that if you have loved ones they might see it and be able to get you the help you probably need.
Yes my wife had a degree in behavior science. I have one daughter with more than a masters in psychology, and another daughter with a masters in psychology.

One time my sister in law told my wife that I should go see a psychiatrist. My wife told her that I was seeing one twice a week. Then my sister in law said well those psychiatrist can end up being just as crazy as their patients. My wife had to smile, but did not tell her sister that the one I was seeing was playing handball with me. We played handball together twice a week.

I raised four children one that has Downs Syndrome, but the other three all have college degrees. We are a very close family that see each other often. They allow me to be free, and have not had me locked up yet. My son can now beat me at Chess, but I blame that on being eighty-one years old. But I can still beat him at bowling, and I am caring over a one eighty average, going up to two hundred.

Jesus takes care of me physically, and spiritually. I have not needed to see any doctor for years. Jesus will tell me if I need to see a medical doctor or not.

Thanks anyway for your advice, it lets me see where your heart/mind is.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
You don’t understand it does not matter how the message is presented, people will only receive it if God has them do so. Jesus has had me do this for almost forty years, and I have seen this to be true.

God had me give a message to a large group of Charismatic minister/pastors. I had to tell them they did not love Jesus. The majority knew that what was said by me was a prophesy. But there were some in the assembly that did not get it at all.

I was told by God to give a word and leave. That is just what I did with that body of ministers.

Oh I agree that the majority of Christian groups are not teaching what the Jewish Jesus taught. However, that doesn't mean they don't love their Jesus. It just means they are confused by writings written after his death.

But none of us, - including you, - read and understand all that is written in the Bible.

Most Christians just skim over, or ignore, the parts they don't like. Such as the fact that it (and archaeology) shows the Hebrew, Jesus' followers, and early Christians, used magic, which is supposedly forbidden.

Which is why I asked you -

Mar 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out demons using thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

Mar 9:39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is none which shall do power/use a force, using my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.