• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe Satan has brain washed most Christians/people.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A Spiritual Christian who has not yet been healed of all his or her hurts/faults will still do wrongdoings that do not lead to death. These sins are done because one does not know they are sins, or that the acts are wrong, but may just be done by habit.

Sinful acts that are done without one’s thoughtful consent are sin, but not sins that lead to death. The Holy Spirit will continue to bring those acts to one’s attention, and give grace, and understanding on how to overcome those acts.

A mature Spiritual Christian will not commit any wrong doings.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “knowledge of the If, after we have been given truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.-----“

(1John 5:16) “Every kind of wrongdoing is sin, but not all sin is deadly.”

.”
Your credibility is going down the drain I am sorry to say. (Hebrews 10:26-31) “knowledge of the If, after we have been given truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.
Sinning and deliberate sin are not the same. Deliberate means willingly.

Johnlove

So when all the Christian slave owners asked God "should I be involved in human slavery?"...what, God answered Yes?
You need to remember that all the people Paul wrote to were not necessarily mature Christians. Paul did not convert people to be Christian by teaching them everything. Paul’s job was to get people to accept Jesus Christ as one’s God. It was the Holy Spirits job to teach and bring one to live God’s Word.

(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They may show up at that website, but many of those words are very poor choices if you are meaning deliberate or willing, and most likely when you click the link on many of them deliberate and willing will not show up in the "similar words" section.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They may show up at that website, but many of those words are very poor choices if you are meaning deliberate or willing, and most likely when you click the link on many of them deliberate and willing will not show up in the "similar words" section.
I cut and copied the whole list. I am busy. ;)

Muffled

Jesus in me
If so, then they would be among the "your chosen ones among them" in the verses above, those whom Satan can't mislead.

I suppose I could give a nod to the Calvinists who believe people have already been chosen. It isn't as cut and dried as I would like. Satan still tells his lies and we are pretty gullible. The thing is God comes along afterwards and says "Don't believe that, it was a lie."

Muffled

Jesus in me
And by "context," you mean completely taking what I said out of context. You don't need a building to have a church because a building is just a building and it is the congregation coming together in fellowship that makes a church. Again, you can ask any priest/pastor you want, and that is what they will tell you.

When I say miserable, I mean wishing I could just die, to fall asleep and never wake up. When I say hateful, I mean I was a judgmental, spiteful, and angry. Christianity was poisoning me, and it took several years of being away from it to heal from the toxic indoctrination I was subjected to.

I have had that in my own family from those who have made bad choices. I tell them that death will not help because then comes the judgement of God.

I believe that is not foreign to human nature but it is not Christianity.

I don't believe this is possible but I do think there are false teachings that could be harmful.

I believe sometimes people take a pain pill to eliminate the effects of their illness but that is not a healing.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I suppose I could give a nod to the Calvinists who believe people have already been chosen. It isn't as cut and dried as I would like. Satan still tells his lies and we are pretty gullible. The thing is God comes along afterwards and says "Don't believe that, it was a lie."
It could be the "then" chosen ones, not the "already" chosen ones. Either way, even if someone is already chosen, they wouldn't know it. For that, people will have to keep doing good for the rest of their lives.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I believe that is not foreign to human nature but it is not Christianity.
Many, many, many Christians are indeed very judgmental people.
I don't believe this is possible but I do think there are false teachings that could be harmful.
This are your assumption. I was raised Christian, I was born-again, and it left me drowning in floods of poisoned waters.
I believe sometimes people take a pain pill to eliminate the effects of their illness but that is not a healing.
What do pills have to do with the subject? Anyone who is doing it like they should will know they can't just take a pill to get better because their doctor (assuming they have even a half-way decent doctor) will explain that lifestyle changes are necessary.

skl

A man on a mission
(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”

It is quite simple and obvious in passages such as this and most passages from any so called religious scriptures that these are a poor, uneducated and ignorant people who understood nothing but the basics of life. Many would have struggled to understand anything more complicated than survival. These people were ripe for simple conversion and indoctrination because they had no real answers to explain anything simple such as daylight followed by darkness. Belief in what appeared to be a creditable god allowed their many scientific questions to be answered with the added benefit of simple politics by subduing violence and crime among the communities.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It could be the "then" chosen ones, not the "already" chosen ones. Either way, even if someone is already chosen, they wouldn't know it. For that, people will have to keep doing good for the rest of their lives.

I believe what I am saying is that Satan isn't making an exception of trying to deceive the chosen; he is simply recognizing that he won't be able to deceive them.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I believe what I am saying is that Satan isn't making an exception of trying to deceive the chosen; he is simply recognizing that he won't be able to deceive them.
I think it really means that Satan will keep trying to deceive everyone and that some will be deceived no matter what. I think those who will turn out to not be deceived are what the verse is calling the chosen ones. Not that there are people already branded the chosen ones to us. True Christians or true Muslims are still humans and only God knows what's in their minds and hearts.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think it really means that Satan will keep trying to deceive everyone and that some will be deceived no matter what. I think those who will turn out to not be deceived are what the verse is calling the chosen ones. Not that there are people already branded the chosen ones to us. True Christians or true Muslims are still humans and only God knows what's in their minds and hearts.

I believe I am glad to see we agree. I don't believe that every deception comes from Satan because I believe we are capable of deceiving ourselves particularly if we want something to be true.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I believe I am glad to see we agree. I don't believe that every deception comes from Satan because I believe we are capable of deceiving ourselves particularly if we want something to be true.

Yup!

Actually, there is in the Quran what supports what you are saying.

Quran 10:44
God does not do people injustice, but it is the people who do themselves injustice.

It supports the idea that the bad can come from ourselves also, not always by the deception of Satan. God does say that he gave us choice, and the two paths are part of it; good and evil.