• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe Satan has brain washed most Christians/people.

Johnlove

I believe the people who fostered the Reformation, brought a teaching from Satan, and made people believe it was from God.

Those people made people believe that it took God almost sixteen hundred years to bring people the true Gospel.

All those people did was to misunderstand Paul’s writings. The writings that are very plain and tell people that if they sin they will never go to Heaven, are discounted as if they are speaking to others, not those who believe what the Reformers said.

Yes I believe those people were brain washed by the devil.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

(1 Corinthians 5:11) “What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that.”

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Those people made people believe that it took God almost sixteen hundred years to bring people the true Gospel.
No, the Reformers never doubted the Catholic Church in her original claims of going back to the early Christian community. They claimed that the Catholic Church had become corrupt and had distorted true Christian doctrine. And there was some truth to this. Clerical abuses were rampant at the time.

Of course Protestantism, by their rejection of authority in favour of sola scriptura, would lead to the predictable result of the current fragmentation we see today. (It began well in their own lifetimes). And the re-emergence of so many of the old heresies, no doubt both Luther and Calvin would condemn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnlove

No, the Reformers never doubted the Catholic Church in her original claims of going back to the early Christian community. They claimed that the Catholic Church had become corrupt and had distorted true Christian doctrine. And there was some truth to this. Clerical abuses were rampant at the time.

Of course Protestantism, by their rejection of authority in favour of sola scriptura, would lead to the predictable result of the current fragmentation we see today. (It began well in their own lifetimes). And the re-emergence of so many of the old heresies, no doubt both Luther and Calvin would condemn.
The Reformers also taught a gospel that was never taught before.

For one thing along with the Catholic Church they on the most part taught that killing in a war was OK.

Also the reformers never taught that one who knew God could not sin.

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God”

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I have no stake at all regarding theology here(pagan n' all that), so this is only in regards to the historical event;

Martin Luther did not set out to destroy, subvert, damage or such the Catholic Church. His Theses were as a devout believer troubled by the corruption found in the church during his time, namely things such as Indulgences and what not. He even said that if the Church could point out either a rational or purely scriptural argument for their actions he would retract his arguments and repent. Even as things started to grow heated between himself and the Papacy he was only looking to reform the Church, as in make a handful of changes regarding things he saw as un-Christian or anathema to the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth.

And do note, I'm no Luther apologist. He was a massive anti-Semitic, anti-science prick whos only decent contribution to the world is his (unintended) help in standardizing the German language.

Johnlove

I have no stake at all regarding theology here(pagan n' all that), so this is only in regards to the historical event;

Martin Luther did not set out to destroy, subvert, damage or such the Catholic Church. His Theses were as a devout believer troubled by the corruption found in the church during his time, namely things such as Indulgences and what not. He even said that if the Church could point out either a rational or purely scriptural argument for their actions he would retract his arguments and repent. Even as things started to grow heated between himself and the Papacy he was only looking to reform the Church, as in make a handful of changes regarding things he saw as un-Christian or anathema to the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth.

And do note, I'm no Luther apologist. He was a massive anti-Semitic, anti-science prick whos only decent contribution to the world is his (unintended) help in standardizing the German language.

I agree Luther may not have wanted to make the Church continue on its downhill slide, but he in my opinion only made the hill steeper.

I don’t even care nor will it do any good to be specific on where Luther got even further away from the truth.

It only matters that the Church did not through the Reformers efforts, come back to what it was before Constantine was used to get the Church from following the Holy Spirit.

My efforts here are only to tell people that believe themselves to be Christian, are not if they believe what is being taught to them about God, by man.

There is also a hope that there are some who read what is posted by me also know the truth, from God, and in that way bring God’s Church back together again.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
My efforts here are only to tell people that believe themselves to be Christian, are not if they believe what is being taught to them about God, by man.

But that is everything.
There are no Christian teachings that aren't taught by fallible humans. Nobody can demonstrate that Jesus rose from the dead or that God is a trinity.
Tom

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I agree Luther may not have wanted to make the Church continue on its downhill slide, but he in my opinion only made the hill steeper.

I don’t even care nor will it do any good to be specific on where Luther got even further away from the truth.

It only matters that the Church did not through the Reformers efforts, come back to what it was before Constantine was used to get the Church from following the Holy Spirit.

There is also a hope that there are some who read what is posted by me also know the truth, from God, and in that way bring God’s Church back together again.
Your beliefs are none of my business, I just have a vested interest in historical accuracy & understanding.

Johnlove

History accurate? Give me a break. History is as accurate as the person’s prejudices who wrote the history.

One can only know the truth about Christian history through the Holy Spirit/Jesus.

Johnlove

Tom,
Many people believe what you have posted. Yet I know from personal experience that it is only God that can teach one to know God.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-13) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God”

John tells us that if one sins he or she has never seen God, nor knows God.

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

Tell me how many people do you know of or about that don’t sin?

(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

Scripture tells us that God will teach him or her.

Last edited:

Johnlove

Tom, you can’t, and I don’t care. You see it does not matter to me at all if you believe me or not.

I am not doing what I am doing to evangelize anyone.

I am just doing what God has told me to do.

If one wants to know the truth they need to go to God.

My job is to tell people that if they sin, they don’t know God.

Jesus has been telling me to put to them. And do it over and over again.

I believe we are coming to an end of this age, and those who have refuse to come to God through Jesus Christ our Lord and God, are going to suffer more than man has ever suffered.

TurkeyOnRye

My job is to tell people that if they sin, they don’t know God.

And you don't think everyone has heard that a million times before? Call me crazy, but I think there are infinitely more productive ways of guiding people's attention to God, don't you?

Jesus has been telling me to put to them. And do it over and over again.

Well, I hope God isn't sending you on a wild goose chase. Apparently he has a habit of teaching people lessons every once in a while.

I believe we are coming to an end of this age, and those who have refuse to come to God through Jesus Christ our Lord and God, are going to suffer more than man has ever suffered.

That is certainly the mainstream understanding of the gospel. Personally, I'm not very enamored by it. My understanding is that sin is itself the quality of suffering. Sin doesn't require God's intervening punishment, because sin is itself its own retribution.

Johnlove

Did I ask you to believe me?

Lot’s daughter’s boyfriends did not believe Lot either, and they stayed behind and got burned up.

TurkeyOnRye

Did I ask you to believe me?

Well, no, not technically, but you did have an expectation of such if your job really is to tell people about God's design. Otherwise it would just be feel-good rhetoric intended solely to stroke your own ego. If you expect to change people's lives with an open mouth, you must also have open ears.

Johnlove

Well, no, not technically, but you did have an expectation of such if your job really is to tell people about God's design. Otherwise it would just be feel-good rhetoric intended solely to stroke your own ego. If you expect to change people's lives with an open mouth, you must also have open ears.
I don’t expect to change anyone.

Also, the Holy Spirit once told me to tell people that no matter who tells them anything about God, be it a priest, bishop, or anyone they were to ask Jesus if it is right or wrong.

I hear Jesus very clearly.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
(Matthew 7:6) “'Do not give dogs what is holy; and do not throw your pearls in front of pigs, or they may trample them and then turn on you and tear you to pieces.”
So, which flavor of religion is yours? Just in case Jesus ever decides to communicate with me, I'll know which not to waste time on.
Tom