• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe anyone here thinks I'm wicked

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
At first I thought it was only an impression...but then I figured out that many people here thinks I'm a wicked person....just because I don't mind expressing what I think. My views.

Well...maybe my ideas make me wicked in people's eyes....but I am sure I am not.
Because of my idea I've been insulted vilified belittled mocked by many people here.
But I've never reported them. Because I love everyone here and I would never want anyone to get into trouble...even those who hate me.

So I guess this makes me a good person. Not a wicked one
I think you're a little bit wicked.
Welcome to the club.
Tis all a matter of perspective, ie, whether the
observer agrees or fervently disagrees with you.

==== Some very useful advice ====
Maintain awareness that when people rage at you, & insult you,
this is entirely their problem. Before they did this, you had your
sense of self worth. Upon enduring vitriol, it should not diminish
just because of what someone in the throes of petulance says.

Of course, if anyone offers criticism which has some merit, this
is worth considering. The opportunity to learn is useful.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But remedial voice coaching could benefit one.
It helped me overcome sounding like some midwestern hick.
Now I sound like a Scottish janitor.

Thats not voice coaching, thats watching to much simpsons

I went to a club meal yesterday. A guy ive never met before began chatting to me in fast french. Im good but rapid fire french leaves me lost but i noticed something. When he stopped for breath i say "Huddersfield" (a town in north east yorkshire).

He switched to rapid fire broad (pit town) yorkshire. I asked him to go back to french.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But remedial voice coaching could benefit one.
It helped me overcome sounding like some midwestern hick.
Now I sound like a Scottish janitor.

You should have had a writing coach too so you wouldnt write like a midwestern hick ;-)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Thats not voice coaching, thats watching to much simpsons
Free voice coaching.
I went to a club meal yesterday. A guy ive never met before began chatting to me in fast french. Im good but rapid fire french leaves me lost but i noticed something. When he stopped for breath i say "Huddersfield" (a town in north east yorkshire).

He switched to rapid fire broad (pit town) yorkshire. I asked him to go back to french.
Almost makes me wish I were worldly.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That is all true.

I still have a hard time trying to put myself in your place.
You still don't understand that behind your screen there is not a recycling bin where you can put garbage, but a person with feelings.
A person who can be sensitive and can cry if someone calls them a provocative liar.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think you're a little bit wicked.
Welcome to the club.
Tis all a matter of perspective, ie, whether the
observer agrees or fervently disagrees with you.

==== Some very useful advice ====
Maintain awareness that when people rage at you, & insult you,
this is entirely their problem. Before they did this, you had your
sense of self worth. Upon enduring vitriol, it should not diminish
just because of what someone in the throes of petulance says.

Of course, if anyone offers criticism which has some merit, this
is worth considering. The opportunity to learn is useful.
Knowing cultures and people from all over the world....I learned this: we Italians are the faultiest nation. We're crass, vulgar, outspoken, loud....we've all flaws of the world...but we can give much, much, much love. We're ready to forgive and to move on.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Knowing cultures and people from all over the world....I learned this: we Italians are the faultiest nation. We're crass, vulgar, outspoken, loud....we've all flaws of the world...but we can give much, much, much love. We're ready to forgive and to move on.
You & your culture should definitely be represented here.
Together, we can be the most wicked posters on the forum.
After all...without us, this would be a boring liberal echo chamber.

Reactions: Jim

Flame

Beware
We might have differences in ideals but I've never had a problem with you.

Much love from an American brother. :hugehug:

Flankerl

Am I wicked because I said that a banking dynasty who destroyed countries' economies, people's lives is evil?
That's called turning the victim into the perpetrator and the perpetrator into the victim

Oh no no not wicked. Just a fascist who wants to cleanse the country and is somehow occupied with Antisemitic Canards.

But wicked?

Hm oh well.

You still don't understand that behind your screen there is not a recycling bin where you can put garbage, but a person with feelings.
A person who can be sensitive and can cry if someone calls them a provocative liar.

Oh no the fascist who wants to cleanse his country of not only but also Freemasons and the (((Banking elite))) is crying in front of his screen.

This is most certainly terribly sad.
I wonder who is at fault for this?
Perhaps a group of people is to blame?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
That makes me Christian, though
We're all sinners but I won't ever do a neighbor what I don't want others do to me

I don't report because I forgive.
Well there you go...two of your opinions that I disagree with, though I don't think you're evil.
(I do not believe we are all sinners, I think that's rubbish, dreamed up by those with the desire to have some means of control over their fellows. And I forgive also, but I will report when I think somebody needs to know they've gone too far, if only to remind them not to do it to others later.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
At first I thought it was only an impression...but then I figured out that many people here thinks I'm a wicked person....just because I don't mind expressing what I think. My views.

Well...maybe my ideas make me wicked in people's eyes....but I am sure I am not.
Because of my idea I've been insulted vilified belittled mocked by many people here.
But I've never reported them. Because I love everyone here and I would never want anyone to get into trouble...even those who hate me.

So I guess this makes me a good person. Not a wicked one

I don't think you're wicked. However, I'd suggest that stating 'just because I don't mind expressing what I think' is completely miscasting why people would see you as wicked anyway. It would have more to do with WHAT you think.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
@Estro Felino I don't know why I'm responding to this. I've never seen any of your posts before, or even your name. It looks like something I would want to distance myself from as far as possible. Maybe the reason I'm responding to it is because the whole reason that I started posting in these forums again was to discuss some ideas for promoting better online behavior. As I understand it, some things that people have been saying look to you like saying that you're wicked. I don't think it's necessarily wrong to think that someone looks wicked, and to say so. Aren't there people who look wicked to you? From what you've said, it looks to me like you do have feelings like that about some people. If not anyone in these forums, then some people somewhere, who look wicked to you. Don't you think you could possibly be wrong about some of them? You also seem to think that it's okay for you to say whatever you think, regardless of how it might make other people feel. So from your own words and actions, even if there are people saying that you're wicked, I don't see why you would object to that. I know it's against the rules, and for that reason I think it would be wrong, and you might be wrong not to report it, but I don't see why you would object to it yourself, personally.

Personally, I don't like to see people maligning and scolding each other, for any reason, no matter how wicked they might be. Not only because I think it poisons all of us and all of society, and I see no need for it for any good purpose, but because I see much better things that we could all be doing with our time in Internet discussions. The reason for people posting in Internet discussions might be mostly for social interaction, and one popular way of doing that might be endless, aimless, fruitless, acrimonious debating. That might even be a way for people to get to know each other better and eventually be friends if they aren't already, but I think we could all be doing all of that in ways that would do all of us, and all other people everywhere, a lot more good. I've started two threads for that purpose. I'm not sure that would interest you, but I'm not sure it wouldn't. Let me know if it does.

I've learned some things from writing this post, about myself, and about what I want to do on the Internet and how I might do it, which might help explain why I responded to it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
@Estro Felino I don't know why I'm responding to this. I've never seen any of your posts before, or even your name. It looks like something I would want to distance myself from as far as possible. Maybe the reason I'm responding to it is because the whole reason that I started posting in these forums again was to discuss some ideas for promoting better online behavior. As I understand it, some things that people have been saying look to you like saying that you're wicked. I don't think it's necessarily wrong to think that someone looks wicked, and to say so. Aren't there people who look wicked to you? From what you've said, it looks to me like you do have feelings like that about some people. If not anyone in these forums, then some people somewhere, who look wicked to you. Don't you think you could possibly be wrong about some of them? You also seem to think that it's okay for you to say whatever you think, regardless of how it might make other people feel. So from your own words and actions, even if there are people saying that you're wicked, I don't see why you would object to that. I know it's against the rules, and for that reason I think it would be wrong, and you might be wrong not to report it, but I don't see why you would object to it yourself, personally.

Personally, I don't like to see people maligning and scolding each other, for any reason, no matter how wicked they might be. Not only because I think it poisons all of us and all of society, and I see no need for it for any good purpose, but because I see much better things that we could all be doing with our time in Internet discussions. The reason for people posting in Internet discussions might be mostly for social interaction, and one popular way of doing that might be endless, aimless, fruitless, acrimonious debating. That might even be a way for people to get to know each other better and eventually be friends if they aren't already, but I think we could all be doing all of that in ways that would do all of us, and all other people everywhere, a lot more good. I've started two threads for that purpose. I'm not sure that would interest you, but I'm not sure it wouldn't. Let me know if it does.

I've learned some things from writing this post, about myself, and about what I want to do on the Internet and how I might do it, which might help explain why I responded to it.

Very simple. I know there are people who don't want me here and who would do anything to throw me out, and I know their names.

These people hate.
I don't. I want anyone here to stay, even those who insulted me, and go on hating me.
There are also very good people here, like you.

So I guess I've showed you the difference between good and wicked.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I've thought about this some more, and I have some ideas about it. Calling you a provocative liar, might have different meanings, and different thoughts and feelings behind it. What might make me cry would be how malicious that might feel to me, if a person persisted in that. Even if you don't think that there's any malice in it, it still might feel like malice, and affect you the same way. I remember wanting to cry in one forum a ong time ago, when I saw people trying to stigmatize me as a troll.

Wouldn't you agree that often the things you say are provocative? Not meaning that you're trying to provoke people but meaning that it's natural for people to be provoked by it. Calling you a liar, even if there are hostile feelings behind it, might not mean to the other person what it means to you. For most of my life I thought "liar" meant "someone who says things that they know are false," but I've learned that often in Internet discussions it means "someone who says things that I think are false." That might be all it means to anyone who says that to you or about you: that you say things that they think are false.

Even If there are hostile feelings behind it, if you think about it, you might be able to sympathize with those. Don't you ever have any hostile feelings about what you see other people promoting? Going back to people thinking that you're wicked, or more wicked than you think you are, don't you think that there's ever any wickedness in what you say or do? Maybe not as much as some other people think, but some little bit of wickedness? Maybe some people think you're more wicked than you really are, but haven't you ever had bad thoughts about someone for a long time, and later found out that you were wrong about them?

Now I'm wondering what the problem actually is for you. It might be people thinking that you're more wicked than you really are. It might be things people say that hurt you and demoralize you, or even disable you, regardless of what they really think or what their intentions actually are. It might be the possibility that they might actually want to do you even more harm, and might find a way to do it. Is any or all of that what you're concerned about? Is there anything else besides that?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Even If there are hostile feelings behind it, if you think about it, you might be able to sympathize with those.?

No...I can't really...
my heart prevents me from pushing the report button (even when they called me names)...so
I can't understand those who do.

An evangelist whose name is the same as mine said "love those who hate you"

Last edited: