• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe anyone here thinks I'm wicked

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
At first I thought it was only an impression...but then I figured out that many people here thinks I'm a wicked person....just because I don't mind expressing what I think. My views.

Well...maybe my ideas make me wicked in people's eyes....but I am sure I am not.
Because of my idea I've been insulted vilified belittled mocked by many people here.
But I've never reported them. Because I love everyone here and I would never want anyone to get into trouble...even those who hate me.

So I guess this makes me a good person. Not a wicked one

Last edited:

Misunderstood

At first I thought it was only an impression...but then I figured out that many people here thinks I'm a wicked person....just because I don't mind expressing what I think. My views.

A mod told me that "well..certainly your views are taken very well..so consider the idea of quitting the forum"

Well...maybe my ideas make me wicked in people's eyes....but I am sure I am not.
Because of my idea I've been insulted vilified belittled mocked by many people here.
But I've never reported them. Because I love everyone here and I would never want anyone to get into trouble...even those who hate me.

Ahh, now what fun would that be, having everyone agree with each other. I will say I respect someone who says what they really think, than someone who lies to make troubles or just goes along with the crowd. I like to know where someone stands. I would debate with you, but just do not have the time to get to involved, and I try to only debate those issues I feel are important to me.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think you're wicked. But i do think the views you express show that you value people and ideas that most people don't on this forum. Your views are controversial. Expect backlash. This is a forum for discussing ideas and opinions and everyone is allowed to agree/disagree. If you do not want to be insulted, report them. Not reporting will do nothing for you and does not equal a higher moral ground.

Some people don't dislike you because you don't mind expressing your views. They mind only your views.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
That makes me Christian, though
We're all sinners but I won't ever do a neighbor what I don't want others do to me
Right. However, if you do not want to report, then you should not care that people are reporting you and arguing against your views. You would just accept it. Making a thread about how everyone thinks your wicked means you are dealing with the consequences of not reporting. You are accepting this behaviour of them despite obviously caring about people's reactions towards your views. Does this make sense?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Right. . Making a thread about how everyone thinks your wicked means you are dealing with the consequences of not reporting. You are accepting this behaviour of them despite obviously caring about people's reactions towards your views. Does this make sense?

No...you must admit I've always been depicted as one of the worst posters here...and undeservedly, because we all can have divergences...but that doesn't make us wicked or worthy of being vilified as I've been vilified
And your views are not superior to mine, Terese...they're equal to mine.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think you got that pretty close to right.
Yes, I was thinking of the parable of the unforgiving servant.
Matthew, 18:21

I forgive anything...even the gravest things....but I always meet unforgiving servants that make me pay the least guilt I can commit.

Misunderstood

Right. However, if you do not want to report, then you should not care that people are reporting you and arguing against your views. You would just accept it. Making a thread about how everyone thinks your wicked means you are dealing with the consequences of not reporting. You are accepting this behaviour of them despite obviously caring about people's reactions towards your views. Does this make sense?
I get what he is saying. He will of course confirm as I cannot talk for Estro Felino.

I am not sure his being reported is the hurtful part. It is the moderators asking him to leave, and having the power to ban him. It is very apparent this forum is very important to him.

If you are injured by someone (say a drunk driver) and left paralyzed for life. You may someday forgive that person, but you will suffer the effects the rest of your life. I do not feel that just because you were injured, you should go out and do it to someone else, even though you may feel the pain a very long time.

Ellen Brown

No...you must admit I've always been depicted as one of the worst posters here...and undeservedly, because we all can have divergences...but that doesn't make us wicked or worthy of being vilified as I've been vilified

People can say really mean things, including me. I don't mean to but sometimes ... Do people who are important to you say mean things to you? As for the rest, why do they matter? Many of us come here to work something out.

As for me, I am unapologetically religio science oriented and I just don't care who does not like it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Personally I have nothing against you or your opinions, and i dont think you offended me in any way, If i have offended you inany way, shape or form, i am sorry, i do not mean to harm.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Estro, I'm not going to be PC about it. The fact is, you seem to pass along more than your fair share of misinformation and lies on nearly any topic you weigh in on. Your statements about what is true or false are not to be trusted for truthfulness or accuracy. They do not help people understand the world any better than they already do understand the world -- and they might even set back some people's understanding of the world.

Note: I am not talking of mere opinions here -- everyone has their own opinions about things, and we all have a right to our own opinions. But I am talking here -- not about your opinions -- but about what you so often state as fact, as truth. Your "facts" and "truths" are not to be trusted.

Whether you think that makes you wicked is up to your conscience. It's a matter for you to decide.

But if you wish to change, you might begin by considering that the truth or falsity of something can be important to at least some people, and that passing along information that might mislead or fool them is not something that many of those people find endearing about someone.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
I never said my views are superior to yours. And yes, it doesn't make you worthy of being vilified. Report to fix the problem.
If you are injured by someone (say a drunk driver) and left paralyzed for life. You may someday forgive that person, but you will suffer the effects the rest of your life. I do not feel that just because you were injured, you should go out and do it to someone else, even though you may feel the pain a very long time.
Getting insulted on the internet is a far cry from your scenario.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I never said my views are superior to yours. And yes, it doesn't make you worthy of being vilified. Report to fix the problem.

That's not the issue of this thread. It's not about moderation.

It is about people whom I thought they were friends
But as soon as I've expressed my views very openly...they started avoiding me, then criticizing me...then mocking me, then belittling me

And I guess you too started avoiding me Terese for disliking my views.

Misunderstood

Getting insulted on the internet is a far cry from your scenario.
True, my scenario may have been extreme. I was just trying to say I understand his point.

In a less extreme scenario; if someone insults you, do you feel you should insult them back?

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
That's not the issue of this thread. It's not about moderation.

It is about people whom I thought they were friends
But as soon as I've expressed my views very openly...they started avoiding me, then criticizing me...then mocking me, then belittling me

And I guess you too started avoiding me Terese for disliking my views.
I'm sorry to hear that. That's very unfortunate. I won't criticise your decision to vent out your frustration.

I am not in line with your views, but i don't avoid you. If i did, i would not post on your threads :) Also, i'm sorry if my posts have been disrespectful. That was and has not been my intention.
True, my scenario may have been extreme. I was just trying to say I understand his point.

In a less extreme scenario; if someone insults you, do you feel you should insult them back?
No, insulting them back would not be a good idea. If you are wondering, Estro not reporting or insulting others out of a Christian idea and does not hate anyone on this forum is something i did and do not criticise. I think it is very respectable. What i did criticise was him getting miffed that people disagree with his views.

Last edited: