• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Human Animals?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
No you did not. I asked for your moral views. You gave me views that had nothing to do with your morality.

There is no such thing as a human moral standard, each human has their own moral standard which varies from person to person.

When you look at issues like the use of Nuclear weapons during war, transgender issues, abortion, and countless other issues, it is obvious humans don’t agree with humans even when they share the same language. That’s why I asked for YOUR moral views; something you seem reluctant to give.

No you're wrong. we were talking about insects and animals.

Okie dokie.

"An ye harm none, do what ye will"

Little Dragon

I said "creatures"; not microorganisms. the claim was that eagles, worms, and humans have an equal effect on the ecosystem and I was referring to those type of creatures in my response.
Not equal, humans, have negative effects on ecosystems, mainly, Earth worms have only positive effects. Therefore humans have among the least positive effects on the ecosystems of earth, among all lifeforms on earth.

Moreover, humans, being top tier consumers, are wholly expendable. To any ecosystem.

Last edited:

Kfox

Not equal, humans, have negative effects on ecosystems, mainly, Earth worms have only positive effects. Therefore humans have among the least positive effects on the ecosystems of earth, among all lifeforms on earth.
The claim was that humans have more or is capable of having more of an impact on the ecosystem.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The claim was that humans have more or is capable of having more of an impact on the ecosystem.

We do. Through our actions. We have an outsized impact relative to every other species. Highways, bridges, mass scale agriculture, dams, herbicides and pesticide usage. As several examples of like millions.

Kfox

Our morals don't apply to them. Only us. Their morals apply to them. I thought I've been over this like several times already.
I disagree. I've seen puppies nursing, and the stronger puppies get their milk first leaving little for the weakest, and the dog owner rearrange them so the weakest (runt of the litter) can get some milk so he doesnt starve to death. Just because you may not apply your morals to animals, doesn't mean nobody else does.
We do. Through our actions. We have an outsized impact relative to every other species. Highways, bridges, mass scale agriculture, dams, herbicides and pesticide usage. As several examples of like millions.
Humm...... Sounds like we might actually agree on something.

Kfox

Of course not, they are subject to the law of the jungle. Eat or be eaten.
Do you not see the contradiction in your statements? Which is it? Eat or be eaten? Or do as you will so long as you don't harm anyone? You can''t have it both ways ya know.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I disagree. I've seen puppies nursing, and the stronger puppies get their milk first leaving little for the weakest, and the dog owner rearrange them so the weakest (runt of the litter) can get some milk so he doesnt starve to death. Just because you may not apply your morals to animals, doesn't mean nobody else does.

Of course when we are caring for another domesticated species like ourselves we are going to intervene. They are in our charge, the best we can do is apply our morality to make judgements.

Species became domesticated and unable to survive in the wild, because we have intervened and tried to apply our morals to them.

Kfox

Of course when we are caring for another domesticated species like ourselves we are going to intervene. They are in our charge, the best we can do is apply our morality to make judgements.

Species became domesticated and unable to survive in the wild, because we have intervened and tried to apply our morals to them.
But it's not just domesticated animals, it's wild animals as well. There have been cases where a huge snake, a shark, or other wild animal has hunted and killed a human and even though this is in line with the predator animals morals, it goes against our morals and we hunt that animal down and kill it.
Why not. Our morals aren't the same as other animals.
And my morals aren't the same as yours. Does that mean if I do something you find completely immoral, you have no right to object because my morals are different than yours?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
But it's not just domesticated animals, it's wild animals as well. There have been cases where a huge snake, a shark, or other wild animal has hunted and killed a human and even though this is in line with the predator animals morals, it goes against our morals and we hunt that animal down and kill it.

And my morals aren't the same as yours. Does that mean if I do something you find completely immoral, you have no right to object because my morals are different than yours?

I give up. Have a good day.

Little Dragon

Do you not see the contradiction in your statements? Which is it? Eat or be eaten? Or do as you will so long as you don't harm anyone? You can''t have it both ways ya know.
I didn't say do as you will so long....etc

That was another poster.

However humans do not live in the jungle, so they are not subject to the laws of nature, red in tooth and claw. They are subject to their own parochial and subjective social contracts taboos laws and codes. Humans are "civilized".