• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How well do you know God?

Colt

In an other thread i was asked if i knew God and if yes, how well? (my version of the question asked)
And i can say for sure i do not know Allah as well as i maybe could or should. But how about you?

How well do you, in your own words know God?
As I continue to experience the presence of God in the experience of living, I get to know him better. But all that I know about God at this point can be compared to a grain of sand on a beach. As we continue on after our brief experience on this world, we will experience more and more, but no matter how much we learn there will always be more to discover.

KerimF

Obviously I know 'my' God as I know myself, period :)

In other words, if someone is able knowing my deep nature of which I am made, he can also know my God.
And, if it happens that someone perceived God as mine already, his deep nature is surely like mine.

It is that simple!

F1fan

Veteran Member
In an other thread i was asked if i knew God and if yes, how well? (my version of the question asked)
And i can say for sure i do not know Allah as well as i maybe could or should. But how about you?

It's a misleading question. People can know about god concepts and confuse this as knowing a god.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It's a misleading question. People can know about god concepts and confuse this as knowing a god.
The intention of the question was not to be misleading, people do have different understanding about God, and since i am a curious kind of person i found it natural to ask about what others think or know

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Tough question. I guess it would be easier to answer if I knew exactly what people were pointing to when they say "God."

My monistic understanding of "God" is likely much different than that of dualists.

A Supreme Being Who is eternal, omniscient and all-knowing Who created existence but is not of it. We only know of God from the Prophets, Avatars and Manifestations Who have appeared.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
A Supreme Being Who is eternal, omniscient and all-knowing Who created existence but is not of it. We only know of God from the Prophets, Avatars and Manifestations Who have appeared.

Is this you and the Baha’i or you and the mouse in your pocket? Because it’s certainly not you and me.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Is this you and the Baha’i or you and the mouse in your pocket? Because it’s certainly not you and me.

All we are told as Baha’is about God by Baha’u’llah, is that He is the ‘unknowable essence’. All that we do know is about His attributes such as love, justice, compassion and mercy etc.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
All we are told as Baha’is about God by Baha’u’llah, is that He is the ‘unknowable essence’. All that we do know is about His attributes such as love, justice, compassion and mercy etc.

So you and the Baha’i.

Fair enough. Thanks.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The intention of the question was not to be misleading, people do have different understanding about God, and since i am a curious kind of person i found it natural to ask about what others think or know
A person can understand what a dogma says, but not understand that what is claimed in that dogma is not true. All we can know about god is that there's a serious lack of evidence for any of the thousands of concepts. We can know what is described as gods, but we cannot say we know any of these exist outside of human imagination.

We can even know that some believers have decided they experience a god and insist they know it exists. We can't confirm that they know or relate to any actual god.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I know God implicitly well.

Why?

Because God is your psyche.

PearlSeeker

Reading Bible tells me something about God. Knowing about Got is not the same as knowing God. I mean knowing personally. Biblical figures like Abraham and Moses are shown as persons who knew God personally (and they didn't have any Bible yet).

I know very little and yearn for more... The most profound manifestation, face of God, among us and inside me... I have experienced so far is... Love.