• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How well do you know God?

F1fan

Veteran Member
The intention of the question was not to be misleading, people do have different understanding about God, and since i am a curious kind of person i found it natural to ask about what others think or know
Well if your intention was honest and objective, then you can ask like you'd ask people how well they know the characters of Lord of the Rings. There are many thousands of God concepts, so to ask a vague question about any arbitrary God, and the list of Gods is only known by referencing historical references, then what a person knows is through literature.

Is that fair?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Well if your intention was honest and objective, then you can ask like you'd ask people how well they know the characters of Lord of the Rings. There are many thousands of God concepts, so to ask a vague question about any arbitrary God, and the list of Gods is only known by referencing historical references, then what a person knows is through literature.

Is that fair?
Your reply is of course fair.
It seem to me that those who do have a belief in a God and those who do not have a belief in a God would not be able to see this topic the same way. And in this thread that may have been my own fault

KerimF

Is that fair?

You are totally right about those who know their God (actually the supposed image of their Creator).
Indeed, such knowledge to a formal believer (in any formal religion) has to be based on some historical references, said holy.

But it happens that I personally knew my Creator (and whose image cannot be found on the internet :) excluding my posts of course) from within my own being.

As you know, a man-made robot is not supposed to wast its time searching its maker. An ordinary robot has to do just the tasks for which it was made (till its end of service).

But, if a genius programmer gave to some special robots the ability to also have 'conscience of their own structure', such a special robot can analyze even itself besides many other things in its environment. And if this programmer also included in its code/program some information/data about himself, he also gave his special robot the ability to discover within itself whatever he (its maker) wants it to know about him.

It is okay if you find hard getting the point from this robotic analogy :D

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
In an other thread i was asked if i knew God and if yes, how well? (my version of the question asked)
And i can say for sure i do not know Allah as well as i maybe could or should. But how about you?

How well do you, in your own words know God?
I know God in that I feel close to God, and have a relationship with him through Torah, prayer, and occasionally experience. But I don't know much ABOUT God apart from knowing that he exists and cares about how we treat each other. God is infinite, and how can the finite fathom the infinite? I think the more we try to put God into words, the further away from understanding God we become.

F1fan

Veteran Member
You are totally right about those who know their God (actually the supposed image of their Creator).
Indeed, such knowledge to a formal believer (in any formal religion) has to be based on some historical references, said holy.

But it happens that I personally knew my Creator (and whose image cannot be found on the internet :) excluding my posts of course) from within my own being.
Your mom or dad?

As you know, a man-made robot is not supposed to wast its time searching its maker. An ordinary robot has to do just the tasks for which it was made (till its end of service).

But, if a genius programmer gave to some special robots the ability to also have 'conscience of their own structure', such a special robot can analyze even itself besides many other things in its environment. And if this programmer also included in its code/program some information/data about himself, he also gave his special robot the ability to discover within itself whatever he (its maker) wants it to know about him.

It is okay if you find hard getting the point from this robotic analogy :D
This works better as science fiction than religion.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
In an other thread i was asked if i knew God and if yes, how well? (my version of the question asked)
And i can say for sure i do not know Allah as well as i maybe could or should. But how about you?

How well do you, in your own words know God?

I know God as much as he exists within my heart. God is the gravity that binds everything together.