• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Unmanly Are You?

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I have never watched his show either, I don't even have a TV. I just remember him from the 90's pushing for LGBT rights.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
RuPaul did it to himself by throwing trans people under the bus. I don't know what happened to him but he has been around for over 20 years and doesn't understand how the gay and transgender/transsexual cultures intersect in drag. He could've watched Paris is Burning for a quick primer.

Trans doesn't equal gay.
Drag queen doesn't equal trans.
What did he say/do to offend?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
My martial arts instructor and I......went to a martial arts wrestling match

when the time came for photos......Mike was requested to join in.

we had not dressed for participation
we were wearing anyday stuff

Mike took front row near center......wearing a PINK shirt
all others in gi and belt

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What did he say/do to offend?
Basically saying that an out trans woman who is in hormone therapy or had surgery can't be a contestant on his Drag Race show. Even though there have been a number of trans women on that show already, they just hadn't transitioned yet. He tried to say it would be giving them an unfair advantage but that's bull because a lot of people on that show have plastic surgery, botox, fillers and all sorts of other enhancements. He just came off as very ignorant and hypocritical, at least.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Basically saying that an out trans woman who is in hormone therapy or had surgery can't be a contestant on his Drag Race show. Even though there have been a number of trans women on that show already, they just hadn't transitioned yet. He tried to say it would be giving them an unfair advantage but that's bull because a lot of people on that show have plastic surgery, botox, fillers and all sorts of other enhancements. He just came off as very ignorant and hypocritical, at least.
The reasons I saw him give (the nature of drag) seem reasonable.
A real woman isn't pretending when dressing as a fabulous woman.
I don't agree, but it's reasonable.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The reasons I saw him give (the nature of drag) seem reasonable.
A real woman isn't pretending when dressing as a fabulous woman.
I don't agree, but it's reasonable.
Actually, no. There's nothing reasonable about it if you know about drag and its culture. There's always been trans women doing drag and RuPaul made himself look like an ignorant poser spouting that nonsense. Drag is more than cross dressing or being fabulous. It's performance art, exaggeration and camp. Anyone of any gender identity can do it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Actually, no. There's nothing reasonable about it if you know about drag and its culture. There's always been trans women doing drag and RuPaul made himself look like an ignorant poser spouting that nonsense. Drag is more than cross dressing or being fabulous. It's performance art, exaggeration and camp. Anyone of any gender identity can do it.
He created the show based upon his vision.
No one would know that better than he.