• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to prove God.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What if what we call God is far from what theists think God is?
That is something i realized too, that many people do understand God in a less correct way, I am one of those people too, because i can not know fully what God truly are, i just can not explain it or understand it at a very high level of wisdom

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
But I imagine God would answer your question for a sincere person who is prepared to wait for an answer.

I don't imagine that. I'm certain of it.
Because people see what they want to see.

Eventhough the following is some kind of caricature in a sense, it illustrates it rather well...

When in discussion with a, pardon the statement, "not very sophisticated" theist and he is being asked what evidence he can share in support of a god, he'll say something like "look at the trees, look at the birds!"

I look and I see trees and birds. I don't see gods.
The one who wants to see god in trees and birds, will.

The believer, especially the desperate ones, will grasp at anything.
They'll "pray" and the first thing that happens that they feel like they can attribute to said prayer, they will. There is not going to be any skeptical inquiry into how rational or justified it is.

It superficially "fits" in their mind and they'll be like "see??? GOD!!"

Meanwhile I'll be like... "euh... no, it's just rain".

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
That is something i realized too, that many people do understand God in a less correct way, I am one of those people too, because i can not know fully what God truly are, i just can not explain it or understand it at a very high level of wisdom

Well ultimately, the Abrahamic religions don't explain their concept of God very well. They don't seem to know much about him besides certain attributes, values and miracles. So if that God does exist then you guys haven't scratched the surface of what he is because he has revealed so little about himself to you.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Well ultimately, the Abrahamic religions don't explain their concept of God very well. They don't seem to know much about him besides certain attributes, values and miracles. So if that God does exist then you guys haven't scratched the surface of what he is because he has revealed so little about himself to you.
That is true, but the more a theist (abrahamic) cultivate his or her own being from within (cleaning out the garbage we carry) the more Gods wisdom is getting clearer to us, But no matter how we try to explain to a non believer, it has no result for you guys.
You have to practice the teaching to gain the wisdom from God

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
That is true, but the more a theist (abrahamic) cultivate his or her own being from within (cleaning out the garbage we carry) the more Gods wisdom is getting clearer to us, But no matter how we try to explain to a non believer, it has no result for you guys.
You have to practice the teaching to gain the wisdom from God

Or so you think. The reality is that you are just doubling down on preconceived notions, adapting to your tribe or your subjective experience. I have been in your shoes and what you are describing as cultivating your own being from within is the equivalent of deep self reflection. Everybody who actually enjoys introspection develops themselves in a similar way but with different conclusions. The reason why your explanations fail is because it is so subjective or there are multiple possible explanations for what you are discussing but you are approaching everything from one route only and ignoring all other possibilities.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I believe there is a simple way to prove God. It may seem too simplistic at first, but that's not the intention.
Throughout my life, there have been times when I have called out to God whilst being in mortal danger, and He saved me. When I pray, He answers without fail and shows me that He is listening. When I was younger, I required evidence (Christian apologetics) to reinforce my faith in God. Now, I don't need that to know that my God is real, He has proven Himself to me.
To those who are skeptical of the idea of God, the way to prove God is this. Allow yourself to suspend your skepticism momentarily and ask God (however you understand God) to reveal Himself to you. My God answers without fail.
To both the skeptic and the believer, this methodology may seem silly. The believer might say "God has revealed Himself completely through the Bible! We are not to test Him, He does not reveal Himself in the present day."
If a skeptic is on the fence as to whether God is real or not, let them do this. Simply ask God to reveal Himself. God will prove Himself to you.

You are describing part of the Bible process for belief--evidence to trust Jesus for salvation is awarded to those who ask with an open mind.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Or so you think. The reality is that you are just doubling down on preconceived notions, adapting to your tribe or your subjective experience. I have been in your shoes and what you are describing as cultivating your own being from within is the equivalent of deep self reflection. Everybody who actually enjoys introspection develops themselves in a similar way but with different conclusions. The reason why your explanations fail is because it is so subjective or there are multiple possible explanations for what you are discussing but you are approaching everything from one route only and ignoring all other possibilities.
I do not ignore other options, it just happen i believe in the spiritual teaching is the better way for me. i can of course not say it is correct for you or others.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I do not ignore other options, it just happen i believe in the spiritual teaching is the better way for me. i can of course not say it is correct for you or others.

Yes. So if a god/s does exist then considering that people have different personalities and different ways of determining what is true, they would approach the target person the best way possible to get through to them.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes. So if a god/s does exist then considering that people have different personalities and different ways of determining what is true, they would approach the target person the best way possible to get through to them.
Yes, we all walk our own path, some follow same form of teaching but understand it differently
Some walk fully alone not believing in anything that is outside their own understanding.

But that does not give one the right to tell the other is wrong. there is only explenation of how each of us understand our life

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I believe there is a simple way to prove God. It may seem too simplistic at first, but that's not the intention.
Throughout my life, there have been times when I have called out to God whilst being in mortal danger, and He saved me
Exactly, its that simple. When I am needy, God is closest. I love to be in need of God

My God saved me more times than I can count or even can remember
He even saved me, without me asking for it. What a :cool: God is that

Once I was desperate to see God, hence I decided to stop eating and drinking. I was in the tropics, full heat, and I discovered that this is the best (as in fastest) way to get 'God running'. Within 1 or 2 days God came to my rescue. I was prepared to take the chance to leave the body, and God knew this. God did not want me to die, obviously, hence He came to me and revealed Himself.

That is the recipe I read from Great Saints in India, like RamaKrishna
I read it, tried it and experienced it. Works miracles for me too.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Yes, we all walk our own path, some follow same form of teaching but understand it differently
Some walk fully alone not believing in anything that is outside their own understanding.

But that does not give one the right to tell the other is wrong. there is only explenation of how each of us understand our life

One does have the right to say that the other is wrong if one can find objective reasons that what they believe is wrong, if their belief is harmful, if they are trying to pressure another to belief the same things that they are or if they are using flawed reasoning.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
One does have the right to say that the other is wrong if one can find objective reasons that what they believe is wrong, if their belief is harmful, if they are trying to pressure another to belief the same things that they are or if they are using flawed reasoning.
If people are harmful we should tell them, but just because you do not believe in a God, i should not tell you that you are wrong just because i my self do believe in Allah

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Throughout my life, there have been times when I have called out to God whilst being in mortal danger, and He saved me. When I pray, He answers without fail and shows me that He is listening. When I was younger, I required evidence (Christian apologetics) to reinforce my faith in God. Now, I don't need that to know that my God is real, He has proven Himself to me.
To those who are skeptical of the idea of God, the way to prove God is this. Allow yourself to suspend your skepticism momentarily and ask God (however you understand God) to reveal Himself to you. My God answers without fail.
To both the skeptic and the believer, this methodology may seem silly. The believer might say "God has revealed Himself completely through the Bible! We are not to test Him, He does not reveal Himself in the present day."
If a skeptic is on the fence as to whether God is real or not, let them do this. Simply ask God to reveal Himself. God will prove Himself to you.

Could you give a specific non-private example?

Belief doesn't create facts, to be frank. So, proof of god can't be something you give unless god has objective criteria in which anyone can determine its existence without too much bias.

What do you mean by revealed?

A feeling?

One thing that sends a red flag is dividing believers and skeptics. I would assume I think revealing would pull down divisions.

But could you explain it more?

Last edited: