• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to help Hinduism

santdasji

See God in all. Because in all animate and inanimate God is there. From smallest particle to the greatest of objects. In all living beings He resides in the soul as a witness (saakshi).He lives in His abode with his Vytirek Shakti and through His anvay form He can divide and reside in our souls.

Hope that helps :)

zenzero

Its only a Label
It is both god and satan that one sees.
What one IS is beyond the dualities of god/satan, good/bad, etc.
Love & rgds

santdasji

When you say satan you must mean inner enemies. As there is no entity in the Sanatan Dharm which can be called Satan. Well one can become perfect by ridding these inner enemies through becomming Nirvasnik (without desire) and selfless. But none can get beyond God. Its not our aim too. If someone wants this they must have evil tendencies like Ravan and Mahishasur.

Arkangel

I am Darth Vader
Hey Zen I am God, know me :D

Back to making my point. Hinduism is more a way of life than a religion. There is so much about this religion no one man/woman can say they have grasped all of it. As long as there are Indians(who call themselves Hindus) or anyone who does not object to being tagged Hindu, Hinduism will be there.

One can never be converted to a Hindu, all are one. They just identify themselves as something else. Your humanity makes you a Hindu, if you take bath everyday, it makes you a hindu, if you pray to God, any God it makes you a Hindu. This is the way of life for a Hindu and anyone who just lives that way is an Hindu at some level.

Hinduism says that all truths are the truth so logically if you believe in the truth that Jesus or Allah is, you are being a Hindu. And you believe that there exist no God and that is your truth, then you are an Hindu too.

santdasji

The Sanatan Dharm is a way of life where we the souls who are in the illusion of Maya can do bhakti and break free from the bondage of life and death and attain Parbrahm Purshottam Bhagwan. God is infinate. Even teh scriptures cannot define Him with their words. Even teh demigods cannot. So yes no one person can grasp it all.

All living beings are the same. Thats why we should not harm them. Hindu is just a word. What we need to be is a Ekantik Bhakt. Follower of supreme reality. Do Good, preach good. Love all. God is one, He has many names. All apprach Him differently at the end all will get to Him though. He talks of Atyantik Pralay though.. This Shri krishna says in Bhagvat.

Love all.
God bless all.
Jai Swaminarayan.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Arkangel,

Your understanding is perfect however the word hindu is not original but brought by an western alexander who could not pronounce sindh and those who lived beyong sindh were sindhu and slowly became hindus; always prefer to use the original name SANATAN DHARMA which means eternal way that which has no beging or end.

God is concept ddeveloped by human mind and it is the mind itself whose very nature of thinking blocks the flow of the whole through the individual and for that it s the mind that needs to be stilled by yoga or joining or merging with that whole.

Love & rgds

GURSIKH

chardi kla
Hey Zen I am God, know me :D

Back to making my point. Hinduism is more a way of life than a religion. There is so much about this religion no one man/woman can say they have grasped all of it. As long as there are Indians(who call themselves Hindus) or anyone who does not object to being tagged Hindu, Hinduism will be there.

One can never be converted to a Hindu, all are one. They just identify themselves as something else. Your humanity makes you a Hindu, if you take bath everyday, it makes you a hindu, if you pray to God, any God it makes you a Hindu. This is the way of life for a Hindu and anyone who just lives that way is an Hindu at some level.

Hinduism says that all truths are the truth so logically if you believe in the truth that Jesus or Allah is, you are being a Hindu. And you believe that there exist no God and that is your truth, then you are an Hindu too.

lovely post by GOD :p

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Friend Arkangel, your understanding is perfect however the word hindu is not original but brought by an western alexander who could not pronounce sindh and those who lived beyong sindh were sindhu and slowly became hindus; ..
Find no problem with hindu. It was used by Iranian Aryans much before Alexander (Hapta-Hendu for Sapta-Sindhu in Zoroastrian Avesta). No problem with Sanatan, if that is your personal choice. Do not know why it should be every one's choice?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
One can never be converted to a Hindu, all are one. .. Hinduism says that all truths are the truth so logically if you believe in the truth that Jesus or Allah is, you are being a Hindu. And you believe that there exist no God and that is your truth, then you are an Hindu too.
There is no problem about conversion to hinduism. Anyone can, if the person so desires. .. All beliefs are not truth, though hindus do not go evangelizing or fighting people for their religion. That is the hall-mark of the Abrahamic religions. Hindus want you to follow your own religion sincerely, whatever it may be.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Aupmanyav,
Yes you are right, it is only a personal preference as the word hindu is conceived by najority as idol worshippers and the word Sanatan Dharma its original name has more dept and meaning.
Yes, one can use any word as all words always falsifies.
Love & rgds

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hindu name was given by alexander.
As I have already mentioned, the first use of the word 'hindu' for people living around River Indus and to the east of it, was by persians. Avesta knows 'sapta-sindhu' as 'hapta-hendu'. It is not correct to think that Alexander first used it. Greeks called us 'indios'. They replaced 'h' in hindu by 'i', as they did with 'Yavanas' calling them 'ionians'. 'Hindu' also has the same depth and meaning. 'Sanatan' is a made up word which was never used in history for our belief till the British times.

Last edited:

santdasji

Hinduism is progressing greatly,Why do you say such don? Sanatan is not a made up name. Sanatan Dharm. The eternal (sanatan) universal religion. It contains the knowledge for the spiritual well-being of all the souls. It provides the guidelines for all kinds of people of the world, which, if followed, leads them towards God realisation.... Glossary - Encyclopedia of Authentic Hinduism

I think that meaning is nice. Bhagvat Dharm is the original name.

Arkangel

I am Darth Vader
Why stick with one name. When there is place for many gods why not many names. I am called by my first name by friends, my family calls me by my nick name and my colleagues in a different name and you all know me here in a different name. So with the changing names do i change or am I still the same person but know to many in various names.

A religion is its ideas, philosophies, customs, tradition and faith not its name. I call it Hinduism, you call Sanatana Dharma or Bakti Dharma. Whatever, its still the same. Dont get hungover a name, its just what we call it which is comfortable to us.

Hey Don, stupid little things only make us human. To raise beyond the differences and to see that all things are just one. All names are just one, All ideas are just one and all beings are just one. See the sameness in all and then Hinduism will progress to a level which it is destined to.