• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How the Gospels were written,Christianity was started

Riders

Well do you admit that there is powerful evidence that shows that someone wrote about Jesus before the 70s?

Do you admit that this would disprove the idea that Jesus is a mythical character invented in the 70s?

No. However I will say this. I need to stop arguing here. In the defense of Christianity, I do not believe Christians need to scientifically historically prove Jesus existed.

I do not think that any religion or spiritual beliefs is dependent on any proof. You do not need proof to know the Christian church has done many many good things.

I have seen lots of alcoholics and drug addicts use both the 12 step program and and Christian programs and the church to sober up and do great things with themselves.

My Mom had 34 years of sobriety when she died 4 years ago.

Her oldest person she sponsored who probably now has 8 or 9 years of sobriety really has dropped out of the program because she no longer needs it.

But she goes to church and very dependent on her Christian faith to keep her sober. She was messed up 9 years ago, and now she has a license in therapy message and has her own business.

She travels to exotic places and has a gorgeous boyfriend, she maye married now. Shes got a great life.

I think those types of stories are proof enough that religion works, I really do not need to have historical proof of Jesus.

That does not mean other religions do not work for me. But sure, if Christianity works for you then that's the proof.

So though I know i may come off like I am against Christians no, I have seen Christians especially in my Moms AA meetings that have really turned their lives around, so in the end I do not see why we need historical proof for Jesus, have faith, faith is what counts.

lukethethird

unknown member
Well do you admit that there is powerful evidence that shows that someone wrote about Jesus before the 70s?

Do you admit that this would disprove the idea that Jesus is a mythical character invented in the 70s?

The story about the Son of God was apparently written in the 70's, descriptions of a heavenly Christ were apparently written of in the 50's. Don't see how this proves or disproves anything. Reading our Bible is the only means we have of reading about this miracle worker, and using the Bible to corroborate the Bible doesn't slice it. What now?

Riders

The story about the Son of God was apparently written in the 70's, descriptions of a heavenly Christ were apparently written of in the 50's. Don't see how this proves or disproves anything. Reading our Bible is the only means we have of reading about this miracle worker, and using the Bible to corroborate the Bible doesn't slice it. What now?

I agree.

leroy

Personally I tend to believe the video,I think its good.

According to your video:

Christianity and the character of Jesus was invented in the 70s by the Flavians

I already showed that there where Christinans before the 70s,

Before the 70s there where already Christians who followed Jesus, Christians that where persecuted for believing in Jesus, and Christians that wrote about Jesus. This is a fact.

The claim that the video is making is that Jesus is a mythical character invented in the 70s by the flavians.

The fact that Paul wrote about Jesus before the 70s proves that the video is wrong.......agree?

Riders

According to your video:

Before the 70s there where already Christians who followed Jesus, Christians that where persecuted for believing in Jesus, and Christians that wrote about Jesus. This is a fact.

The claim that the video is making is that Jesus is a mythical character invented in the 70s by the flavians.

The fact that Paul wrote about Jesus before the 70s proves that the video is wrong.......agree?

The only proof you have is the bible itself you have not provided any writings outside the bible yet.

lukethethird

unknown member
According to your video:

I don't know **** about the Flavians inventing anything so read your Bible, it's all we got, and who knows what Paul was on about.

Riders

I don't know **** about the Flavians inventing anything so read your Bible, it's all we got, and who knows what Paul was on about.

Yes and like I have the right to not believe the bible, read the bible but its not proof I agree its all they got but not provable.

actually the bible y'all read is actually not the bible anyways..Earlier versions of the bible were so entirely different then what you read, many scholars say your not even reading the real bible.

Riders

Personally I think the bible proves itself wrong anyways, and proves itself that it was written by in part Pagans, considering the Pagan beliefs in it that are not Jewish. I don't need to prove the video, the bible proves it and it was written in classic Greek and the ideas are Greek not Jewish. Jesus was Jewish if he was the Jewish messiah Jews would have converted.

leroy

For the sake of this argument we can assume that Paul was a reptilian-like creature and the leader of a secret organisation that planet to take over the world.

However the fact that he wrote about Jesus before the 70s proves that the video is wrong.......if you what to deny the historicity if Jesus you better find an other conspiracy theory, because the one expose in the video has been proven wrong.

Riders

For the sake of this argument we can assume that Paul was a reptilian-like creature and the leader of a secret organisation that planet to take over the world.

However the fact that he wrote about Jesus before the 70s proves that the video is wrong.......if you what to deny the historicity if Jesus you better find an other conspiracy theory, because the one expose in the video has been proven wrong.

There are those who say there is proof that the bible was written way after that and stay tuned I will put it up here.

leroy

E
Personally I think the bible proves itself wrong anyways, and proves itself that it was written by in part Pagans, considering the Pagan beliefs in it that are not Jewish. I don't need to prove the video, the bible proves it and it was written in classic Greek and the ideas are Greek not Jewish. Jesus was Jewish if he was the Jewish messiah Jews would have converted.
Even if you where correct in that comment, the video would still be wrong.

If you admit that the video is wrong we can move on to a different topic

lukethethird

unknown member

What video is going to prove that Jesus was mythical or that Jesus was historical?

Riders

Very few texts survive directly from antiquity: most have been copied – some, many times. To determine the accuracy of a copied manuscript, textual critics examine the way the transcripts have passed through history to their extant forms. The higher the consistency of the earliest texts, the greater their textual reliability, and the less chance that the content has been changed over the years. Multiple copies may also be grouped into text types (see New Testament text types), with some types judged closer to the hypothetical original than others. Differences often extend beyond minor variations and may involve, for instance, interpolation of passages central to issues of historicity and doctrine, such as the ending of Mark 16.[citation needed]

Riders

And as I said the bible itself was written in classic greek and the story is Pagan based, the bible itself is proof the video is right.

Riders

Ill let you win you win. I keep saying I'm going to quit debating and don't, here you can have the last word and I swear I wont argue .I am going to quit debating my mouth is zipped go ahead have the last word.