• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How should the Christian Church treat homosexuals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstar

just because someone broke the rules it does not mean all the rules were broken...:)

I'm not sure if that was an intentional dodge or if you're just not getting it.

You say the bible is the word of God. The bible has tales of men with multiple wives that are servants of God. The bible says God spoke to these men. But it never says anything about God telling these men that it was wrong.
Your bible says that it is not a sin to buy or sell people as property. It also says that a slave owner can rape their slaves, among other rights, because they are property.

These are the words of God?

Other than that, many interpretations of the bible exist. As I said, many use the bible to fuel racism. Do you support this?
I would hope that you don't, but at one time it was WIDELY accepted as the word of God.
What about the fact that I am Pagan? Do you think I should be tried and put to death?

I personally feel you're wrong. I think that Jesus and God would allow homosexuals in church. Here is what my thought process is.

1: God views sin as sin. Being Homosexual (if it is a sin) is no different than stealing a candy bar, or getting drunk in the eyes of God.

2. The bible says that everyone is a sinner. It isn't possible to not sin. You can ask forgiveness, you can do your best, you will still sin.
So you are a hypocrite to say gays can't enter church because they continue to sin. Even if you ask forgiveness, even if you try with everything you have to not sin you still will sin.

3. Judgement is a sin. It doesn't matter if the bible says something is a sin or not, that is for God to pass judgement at the end. NOT for YOU to judge now. You can say that it is a sin. You should NEVER bar someone from church no matter what you may think. That is GOD'S house, NOT yours. There is nothing I have read that resembles a checklist to deny entry.
Let me give you something to think about. I am a pagan. I worship multiple Gods, and I use witchcraft. I have been to many churches, some VERY conservative. I am still invited inside to hear the word of God. Just as ANYONE should be.

My point, in short, is that you profess knowledge of the bible. Then you show differently by your actions.
This leads me to believe that you are a hypocrite or that you have deceived yourself. I would like to think that you have wandered of the path and just need a nudge to find your way, I seriously hope so. I am not a Christian, but I have read the bible many times. I also have much respect for the true loving Christians that try to follow the example given by Jesus. But what you spout on this forum is not Christianity. You have judged, yet say it is God who judged these people. But it is not for you to say anything, you should treat them like brothers and sisters, love them and hope that if they are on a bad oath, that your love will help guide them.
A shepard guides the flock, they don't beat them with their staff and force them to walk a certain way.

Last edited:

Fester

I have only known one gay person and we are friends.How many can fit in a closet?
Seriously that sounds foolish and unlogical.I am going to meet as man as I can so I won't be seen.
Does this gay friend of yours know how you really feel about gays?

Fester

Exactly, so we are in agreement. You'd probably also agree as I do, that churches shouldn't have to marry Same-Sex couples if they feel it goes against their doctrine correct?

:)
Churches have never had to marry anyone it felt was wrong to marry. The notion that they would somehow be forced to marry gays is unfounded.

Vasiel

The Seeker
Churches have never had to marry anyone it felt was wrong to marry. The notion that they would somehow be forced to marry gays is unfounded.

Of course it is. But they use it as a scare tactic to convince congregations that we are trying to convert their churches with our "gay agenda".

Fester

Of course it is. But they use it as a scare tactic to convince congregations that we are trying to convert their churches with our "gay agenda".
They do indeed, and with great effect. We see the fruits of those scare tactics right here on this forum.

blackout

Violet.
I think we should let the gays have the term "marriage" all to themselves. In fact, if the government allows gay marriage to "equal" straight marriage, I think we hetero couples should all get divorced. We'll make up a new word that means "one man and one woman"....like the word "marriage" used to.

Of course, we'll file as "single" on our tax returns, too. That oughtta get the Feds attention... to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.

If we have to let the homos play in our backyard, we do have the right to take our ball and go home.

I'm pretty sure that if you all file seperately as single,
most of you, certainly those with mortgage and dependent deductions,
will end up paying more taxes.
You can't BOTH take the deductions if you file seperately.

That'll really show the Feds. :rolleyes:

Please, go take your balls
and go home with them.

yourgraceisenough

so you think you affecting theirs is your right?
how are they affecting your rights?
we know you are not to be watching TV because TV is of the world and subjected to capitalism...you know, thou shall not covet. those pesky commercials sure are a real pain in the arse...

me no but God thinks homosexuality is a sin, soo if I say its ok do you think that makes it ok with God...:)

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
"If Jesus came back and saw what's going on in his name, he would never stop throwing up"
Quote:Angelus
Originally Posted by Junglej25This type of ministry requires "kid gloves" not the usual harsh rebuke that's normally seen.

It's tragic that you don't realize how psychotic this statement is.

Last edited:

Vasiel

The Seeker
she won't even say what church or denomination...:)

Does it really matter what denomination they are from? Unless you are under the belief that for some (probably unprovable) reason you think your denomination is the only correct one, then denomination shouldn't matter at all.

That's just another tactic to label and divide yourself from a person you see as a potential threat. :facepalm:

A

angellous_evangellous

What kind of horribly monstrous gay people dared tie you up in a chair with a TV in front of you and the remote too far out of reach while those kind of ungodly programs were on?

If you only had had eyelids to close!

They cut the eyelids off or tape them open.

waitasec

Veteran Member
All of the statistics I have read show differently.

so you think heterosexuals are immune?

I have only known one gay person and we are friends.How many can fit in a closet?
well there you go...
you are speaking from ignorance.
Seriously that sounds foolish and unlogical.I am going to meet as man as I can so I won't be seen.
come on now...
if you had to be locked up 23 hours a day, what are you going to do with your 1 hour of freedom? over indulge perhaps....homosexuals are human too so don't expect them to be perfect.

This is because the belt is close to the crotch and the waist.
your willful ignorance is noted[/quote]
Trying to look out for the welfare of society and innocent children.

if one isn't gay they won't become gay :facepalm:
it's as if you are saying, well i don't like red heads, they should stay on their island so other people don't become red heads...

yourgraceisenough

Does it really matter what denomination they are from? Unless you are under the belief that for some (probably unprovable) reason you think your denomination is the only correct one, then denomination shouldn't matter at all.

That's just another tactic to label and divide yourself from a person you see as a potential threat. :facepalm:

no but sometimes the denomination gives you a clue to their reasoning...:)

it also helps you know if they afe fibbing...:)

waitasec

Veteran Member
me no but God thinks homosexuality is a sin, soo if I say its ok do you think that makes it ok with God...:)

see the thing is...
god isn't capable of voting, you are
god isn't capable of subjecting people to bigotry, you are
god isn't isn't infringing on the rights of people, you are.
there's your holy trinity
all done in the name of power, bigotry and neglect

so really, i don't care what your god says...

yourgraceisenough

and how is any other life style not as harmful...?
you cannot set it apart from everything else.
have you considered why suicide rates are high among teens...
because of people like you making them feel like they are scum for feeling something that comes to them naturally.

have you considered why so many partners...?
because they have been forced to live in the closet

have you considered the bible belt is the STD capital of the US
along with obesity, divorce and teen pregnancy.

get off your high horse and show some compassion
where is the meek and humble servant christ asked for?

but it isn't natural and by supporting the notion it is will continue the problem...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.