• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How should the Christian Church treat homosexuals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourgraceisenough

you're calling me a liar for suggesting that i invited my father to church. is that so hard to believe that i would invite my father to church that you're calling me a liar? you must think very low of me to judge me like that. next you'll suggest to me that i will not enter the kingdom of god because i am a liar and liars don't enter into the kindgom of god. simply because i said that i invited my father to one church and not another. my father was married by a church which performs gay marriages. you're just mad that i invited him to a church in the first place.

your story keeps changing....:)

yourgraceisenough

Again. Where is the benevolence here?

Are you serious? Homosexuals are persecuted by Christians all the time. Probably the most ignorant post I've read all day

Also doesn't mean Jesus condemned homosexual behaviour either.

Jesus is God and the word of God condemns homosexuality.....we have been here before...:)

yourgraceisenough

what has changed?

you asked your pastor if it was ok...

you didn't ask your pastor it was ok he just said homosexual couples were not welcome..

you didn't ask your father as it would upset him..

you did ask your father..

your father wouldn't want to got to church...

your father would want to go to church...

your father would not want to be saved....

what is the point of taking them.....................................:facepalm:

Onlybygrace

God did not make them gay, they chose to be gay...:)

They want their cake and eat it so it seems.
They don't believe in God odn't want to be saved, yet they want to go to church, I think I know why that is, they are trying to force their lifestyle on Christianity, I would like to know why they don't try to force themselves on Islam ????

vnct

you asked your pastor if it was ok...

you didn't ask your pastor it was ok he just said homosexual couples were not welcome..

you didn't ask your father as it would upset him..
i asked the pastor if there was anyone who was not allowed to attend sunday services, without making a reference to my father or homosexuals. he answered that openly gay couples are restricted from sunday attendance. i then responded that my father and his marriage partner are an openly gay couple, to his surprise. he then reinforced his original stance that they were restricted from attending sunday services. i did not afterward mention any of this to my father, insofar as i knew that it would upset him.

you did ask your father..
i asked him to go to other churches. correct.

your father wouldn't want to got to church...
he doesn't want to go to church, because he feels unwelcome at churches. he believes that most churches are homophobic. he's told me 'no' when i've asked him to go to other churches with me over the years.

your father would want to go to church...
no, he doesn't want to go to church. i want him to go to church.

your father would not want to be saved....
correct. he doesn't want to be saved.

what is the point of taking them.....................................
to hear the gospel.

making sense now?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
God did not make them gay, they chose to be gay...:)
A common misconception.

Since it's a choice, why don't you go and prove it by kissing a guy on the lips, with tongue?

Don't think you can do it? Find the idea sexually unpleasant? That's because you're not gay. Why can't you 'choose to be gay' for ten minutes? This is essentially what you are asking from gay people: go against your natural self and be something you are not.

Because you don't choose your sexuality any more than you choose your skin tone, hair and eye colour or foot size.

You may as well go up to someone and say "Stop being brown haired!".

yourgraceisenough

A common misconception.

Since it's a choice, why don't you go and prove it by kissing a guy on the lips, with tongue?

Don't think you can do it? Find the idea sexually unpleasant? That's because you're not gay. Why can't you 'choose to be gay' for ten minutes? This is essentially what you are asking from gay people: go against your natural self and be something you are not.

Because you don't choose your sexuality any more than you choose your skin tone, hair and eye colour or foot size.

You may as well go up to someone and say "Stop being brown haired!".

have they found a gay gene, oh no of course they haven't thats because its a choice...:)

Onlybygrace

Actually, biology differs.

most gays are born with their brain composition equal to that of their opposite sex.

In other words, they were BORN to be gay.

you can check for yourself

Symmetry Of Homosexual Brain Resembles That Of Opposite Sex, Swedish Study Finds

[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]'Gay' gene claim suddenly vanishes

[/FONT] [FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]American Psychological Association revises statement on homosexuality

[/FONT]

yourgraceisenough

i asked the pastor if there was anyone who was not allowed to attend sunday services, without making a reference to my father or homosexuals. he answered that openly gay couples are restricted from sunday attendance. i then responded that my father and his marriage partner are an openly gay couple, to his surprise. he then reinforced his original stance that they were restricted from attending sunday services. i did not afterward mention any of this to my father, insofar as i knew that it would upset him.

he doesn't want to go to church, because he feels unwelcome at churches. he believes that most churches are homophobic. he's told me 'no' when i've asked him to go to other churches with me over the years.

to hear the gospel.

making sense now?

no because you are boring me actually but no also because he wants to be gay, he does not want to be saved, why don't you give him the gospel or phone the authorities again and ask them to give him the gospel...:)

Onlybygrace

to hear the gospel.

making sense now?
your father dosen't want to hear the gospel because he knows what the bible says about homosexuality , but keep trying because he needs to hear the truth .

Me Myself

Back to my username
[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]'Gay' gene claim suddenly vanishes

[/FONT] [FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]American Psychological Association revises statement on homosexuality

[/FONT]

Same document says that homosexuality is NOT reversible even with psychological treatment.

So even your article says it´s not a choice :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.