• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How should I tell my Christian Family I'm a Satanic Witch?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
There are so many better things to tell your family concerning your life than religion especially if that religion is the antithesis of everything they believe.
My own step mother for example has no knowledge on any subject whatsoever so something as simple as vegetarianism is a sign to her that a person is a Jihadist. A lot of parents in this day of age have no moral integrity or foundation of knowledge. So always question the validity of your parent's wisdom before you proceed. Don't treat them like morons but if you know this is the case then do not tell them anything.

If you parents are understanding people then of course this is another story. I am a pessimist at heart so I am always under the assertion that everybody including family is attempting to screw you over.

There are so many better things to tell your family concerning your life than religion especially if that religion is the antithesis of everything they believe.
My own step mother for example has no knowledge on any subject whatsoever so something as simple as vegetarianism is a sign to her that a person is a Jihadist. A lot of parents in this day of age have no moral integrity or foundation of knowledge. So always question the validity of your parent's wisdom before you proceed. Don't treat them like morons but if you know this is the case then do not tell them anything.

If you parents are understanding people then of course this is another story. I am a pessimist at heart so I am always under the assertion that everybody including family is attempting to screw you over.
Well True Ancient Satanism is my life, My existence is dedicated to Lord Satan. So I feel they would find out either way and drama will probably happen. I'm a pessimist too haha!

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I don't really know where else to ask this..how do I tell my Christian family that I practice true ancient Satanism and Witchcraft??
Do you have experience with this? Or you and your family practice the same religion..?

The answer is generally, "NO." :D

Their understanding of those terms will matter than what you think of them so I can't possibly see how it would be positive in your life to mention it. Other than the sheer frustration of having to hide your interests it hurts no one to continue doing so, and often helps you more. Outside of my immediate family no one knows anything about my religious views, and I don't consider it their business. That all changes when you are young though and living under your parents roof -- you can lose your house, they can make things economically much harder for you, and limit your opportunities if they find disagreement.

Of course, it might be much adieu about nothing. I'd probably go with mentioning Satanism in a casual conversation and see what they think/know about it. You can probably use some of the recent The Satanic Temple exploits as a feeder and use it as a probe to see what their views are. It's possible, though no likely, that they already know something of it and see it in a non-maligned way.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Well True Ancient Satanism is my life, My existence is dedicated to Lord Satan. So I feel they would find out either way and drama will probably happen. I'm a pessimist too haha!

I feel as if anyone in LHP needs to be a pessimist in a very logical form.

I grew up in a foster home and obviously I am parentally distant, so I cannot offer words of comfort since I grew around a person who is best described as an imbecile. I will direct you to a funny story concerning me and my stepmother which is hilarious.

Veganism: The first step to joining ISIS

Kirran

Premium Member
Why is the name Satan so important? Why not use another name (e.g. God) and talk about the same thing? You know that terms like 'Satan' and 'Demons' are going to freak them out, and that's totally unnecessary when your take on those words is so different to what theirs will be.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Why is the name Satan so important? Why not use another name (e.g. God) and talk about the same thing? You know that terms like 'Satan' and 'Demons' are going to freak them out, and that's totally unnecessary when your take on those words is so different to what theirs will be.

It evokes something different for LHPers as they do not acknowledge concepts like god. To say god is essentially to creates something entirely different

In my faith Satan is God. We believe Satan and Demons are ancient names that were turned negative, the name Satan is sacred and divine. Its believed Satan is also the Sumerian God Enki/Ea, the Egyptian God Ptah, Prometheus, Phanes, Oannes, Legba, Shiva, Agni, ect. <33

Kirran

Premium Member
In my faith Satan is God. We believe Satan and Demons are ancient names that were turned negative, the name Satan is sacred and divine. Its believed Satan is also the Sumerian God Enki/Ea, the Egyptian God Ptah, Prometheus, Phanes, Oannes, Legba, Shiva, Agni, ect. <33

My advice would be to use one of those names when talking to your family about all this!

whirlingmerc

Satan as your parents would understand it is the accuser and Jesus description of him was
'a murderer from the start'

So I would say it might depend on the parents.... could they handle it... would it crush them... try to be considerate how you tell them

And perhaps think of a couple reasons you decided that and be open to the possibility you are making a big mistake

Satan as your parents would understand it is the accuser and Jesus description of him was
'a murderer from the start'

So I would say it might depend on the parents.... could they handle it... would it crush them... try to be considerate how you tell them

And perhaps think of a couple reasons you decided that and be open to the possibility you are making a big mistake
You are speaking of the biblical Satan. I am speaking of the Satan that pre-dates the abrahamic religions. I am extremely proud of who I am. They will have to deal with it.

Scott C.

Just one guy
I don't really know where else to ask this..how do I tell my Christian family that I practice true ancient Satanism and Witchcraft??
Do you have experience with this? Or you and your family practice the same religion..?

Satanism is confusing to me. I would be very worried if one of my kids told me that they worship and follow the Satan that I believe in as a Christian (Mormon). To me, Satan is the author of evil and sin. To follow Satan is to commit rape, murder, abuse, theft, etc, etc., with no remorse. The worse you are the better. I must assume this is not what you are about. While I don't agree with your view, I would suggest you carefully explain what this means for your lifestyle and choices so as to ally your parent's fears that you prefer to be evil rather than good.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Satanism is confusing to me. I would be very worried if one of my kids told me that they worship and follow the Satan that I believe in as a Christian (Mormon). To me, Satan is the author of evil and sin. To follow Satan is to commit rape, murder, abuse, theft, etc, etc., with no remorse. The worse you are the better. I must assume this is not what you are about. While I don't agree with your view, I would suggest you carefully explain what this means for your lifestyle and choices so as to ally your parent's fears that you prefer to be evil rather than good.

Do not worry. Satanists are mostly atheists. We simply have a knack for worshiping ourselves and our own ability to persevere than associating it with an external entity like a god.
You can "worship" Satan but this is not int he norm for Satanists.
Although there are some issues in Satanism they have nothing to do with religion.

Also Satanists or Left Hand Pathers aren't evil. As a whole we do not believe in evil actually.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
If you already have your mind made up that you're unwilling to be gentle and make compromises, that they simply must know all about it, and that their feelings don't matter, then what do you need us for? We're all telling you to take a lighter approach or just let the sleeping dog lie, but you seem to not care about how they feel.
I don't respect the opinions and beliefs of my parents in the slightest (beliefs such as the idea that anyone who changes religious beliefs is just trying to cause trouble, that religion is unchangable like race, that Pagans and all things related to us are evil, uncivil, uneducated, and barbaric, as well as racist and far right ideas about diversity and treatment of minorities), but I respect that they are my parents and I recognize they are the reason that I'm alive today, so I don't push issues and I don't push my beliefs. They know I'm some sort of Pagan, but they have never asked for more detail and I will not spontaneously provide it because I know it would make them very unhappy. I'm trying to break everything to them slowly and gently out of respect, and if you value the relationship you have with your family at all, you will do the same.

Do not worry. Satanists are mostly atheists. We simply have a knack for worshiping ourselves and our own ability to persevere than associating it with an external entity like a god.
You can "worship" Satan but this is not int he norm for Satanists.
Although there are some issues in Satanism they have nothing to do with religion.

Yes Satanism is extremely diverse, however I practice True Ancient Satanism which falls under Theistic Satanism (where we acknowledge Satan and His Daemons as real beings). But in my faith Satan is seen as the embodiment of Light, Compassion, Truth, ect. I mean I don't follow the biblical Satan but yeah Satanism can get confusing

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Yes Satanism is extremely diverse, however I practice True Ancient Satanism which falls under Theistic Satanism (where we acknowledge Satan and His Daemons as real beings). But in my faith Satan is seen as the embodiment of Light, Compassion, Truth, ect. I mean I don't follow the biblical Satan but yeah Satanism can get confusing

I am only referring to the typical strain of Satanism you will mostly encounter. More so LaVeyan sadly :(

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Hence my recommendation, as I see little to profit from by doing this. You should always make these choices when you personally will gain, and I see nothing here to get. You upset them, it damages your support infrastructure (when life happens), and further they probably won't take it the way you mean it when you mention Satan. It's the Left Hand Path for a reason, it's your path alone. Seeking the approval of others sort of binds you to their expectations/status quo and it should be something you reject, IMHO. If one of them inadvertently asks you about it some day because they see you wearing some satanic band shirt, or have some weird book out then have the conversation... But, I see no reason to let the genii out of the bottle -- keep your lips zipped, and enjoy your path without the interference of your family. :D (which is all mine would personally do, lol) If you love these people, spare them, they aren't ready for the truth.

Hence my recommendation, as I see little to profit from by doing this. You should always make these choices when you personally will gain, and I see nothing here to get. You upset them, it damages your support infrastructure (when life happens), and further they probably won't take it the way you mean it when you mention Satan. It's the Left Hand Path for a reason, it's your path alone. Seeking the approval of others sort of binds you to their expectations/status quo and it should be something you reject, IMHO. If one of them inadvertently asks you about it some day because they see you wearing some satanic band shirt, or have some weird book out then have the conversation... But, I see no reason to let the genii out of the bottle -- keep your lips zipped, and enjoy your path without the interference of your family. :D (which is all mine would personally do, lol) If you love these people, spare them, they aren't ready for the truth.
You worded it perfectly thank you.