• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How should I tell my Christian Family I'm a Satanic Witch?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Well yes we do sacrifice our time for power meditation in order to raise the kundalini serpent and complete the Magnum Opus (physical and spiritual immortality) as Father Satan intended it to be.

I was just funning you. But seriously, I have always said everyone has to find their own truth. If you have found yours what difference should it make to you whether anyone knows it and/or approves of it; it's yours.

David T

Premium Member
I don't really know where else to ask this..how do I tell my Christian family that I practice true ancient Satanism and Witchcraft??
Do you have experience with this? Or you and your family practice the same religion..?
Tell them that you, like them a're a fanatical dysfunction fundamentalist just in the inverse from them. This post sounds like some realty tv show.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't really know where else to ask this..how do I tell my Christian family that I practice true ancient Satanism and Witchcraft??
Do you have experience with this? Or you and your family practice the same religion..?

Sorry, I lack much experience with your form of Theistic Satanism.
Are you supposed to proselytise?
Are there considerations of personal gain involved, or self-worship?

My answer would change to some degree based on that. Whilst I realise you're not atheistic, the answer I'd give a LeVayen is pretty simple.

Don't tell them. Why would you? What is the purpose of telling them?

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Keep it to yourself, tuck in your jewelry, and don't go saying "thank Satan" to your parents.

I always tuck in my jewlery as well, I am not the exhibitionist type that wears it out in public. As much as I have my sigil of Baphomet ring I usually do not wear the ring a lot. I tend to be careful when I wear short sleeve collar shirts, at times my pendant goes through when my body bends over. I just always go with wearing t shirts to keep it discreet.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are speaking of the biblical Satan. I am speaking of the Satan that pre-dates the abrahamic religions. I am extremely proud of who I am. They will have to deal with it.
You think they will be able to see past their understanding of what Satan is to them? I doubt that very much, actually, if they are as "praise the Lord"ish as you made them sound. There's no way actually. It would probably sound like you saying to them Hail Hitler, or I love Osama bin Laden.

So I would ask yourself exactly what it is you hope to accomplish by declaring something you know they will not be able to deal with very well, if at all. What is the underlying motive? To stand up to them by appearing to the exact opposite of them, appearing to side with Evil? Is about self-empowerment in that parent/child relationship, or something like that? If so, you may want to find more constructive ways to open that dialog with them.

If it's about wanting to share something that is helping you, then I'd find a common language without unnecessarily introducing something you know won't be heard in the light you believe you understanding it. If it's about sharing love, then share love and don't put something into the path of that which will obviously be an obstacle to that for them. What is the underlying motive is the question to first ask, and don't just take the first surface answer, but dig deep as parent/child relationships are complex dynamics hard to see at first glance.

Etritonakin

Think about how you ended up believing/practicing as you do -why you want to tell them -what your beliefs/practices and your desire to tell them have to do with your relationship -and what it might do to your relationship if you do tell them.

Telling them might cause many problems, and they would at least be very concerned.
That is not to say you should not talk to them -any group which would advise you to not speak to your parents is essentially already dividing your family. Your family would likely have valid concerns about such a group -though they may not react in the most positive way.
People create groups for many reasons -and many of those reasons are not good.
You should familiarize yourself with/do research on the tactics used by manipulative organizations, cults, harmful groups, etc. Just because they make you feel accepted or seem good does not mean the end result will not be harmful. Many groups -especially secretive ones -have many layers, and the truth about them is not immediately revealed, but rather have many stages of manipulation -one based upon the previous.

Are the beliefs and practices the main issue? Do you desire to be accepted by them as an individual and the Satanism is a sort of tool? Do you feel more accepted by others? Are you rebelling, or did you simply find your current beliefs and practices appealing for some reason?
Have you really thought about why you would do this rather than something else?

If there are underlying issues, and the practices are not truly the main issue, you might ask your parents to hear you out without freaking out -and tell them that you really need to talk to them calmly about important issues. If the practices are the main issue, be prepared for your parents to not accept them -and listen to what they say -even if they don't say it well.

To at least most who consider themselves Christian, the issue they would have is due to the role of Satan as deceiver and destroyer. This would take the form of making himself seem otherwise in this case.
They essentially could not simply accept it as good, beneficial, just a part of who you are, etc....
Depending on what sort of people they are, anything could happen -some might simply talk to their kids about it and give guidance -some might freak out and impose ridiculous restrictions -some might kick their kids out, etc., so give it some serious thought.

Many people in the world are led down or take destructive paths for what seem to be good or legitimate reasons. It is a parent's role to guide you away from those who would or will do you harm -whether they are human or spirit, misguided, sincere or have truly evil intentions.
Belief systems also lead to actions which have consequences -and people often don't realize with what or who they are truly involved until they are in a very bad situation.

It may seem that one person is the same as the next -or one spirit is the same as the next -and that is true on a very basic level, but not every spirit or person will tell you the truth or have your best interest at heart -and some are capable of extreme evil while appearing to be innocent or good.

I would consider everything very carefully. You may not agree with your parents beliefs, but don't accept an alternative based on that.
Unfortunately, one must be wary of just about everything and everyone in this world -and the spirit world. Be extremely careful choosing associates or guidance.

Last edited:

EverChanging

I really don't get why one cannot be one's self without revealing very personal and individualistic religious practices to family members that one has somehow discerned must be completely hostile to one's self because they are Christians rather than Satanists. I mean, it's basically begging for unnecessary drama and attention which is probably the point.

EverChanging

And no -- I do not share the same religious beliefs or practices with my family. And I have no need to discuss it with them, seek approval, or cause any more drama than already exists.

Sorry, I lack much experience with your form of Theistic Satanism.
Are you supposed to proselytise?
Are there considerations of personal gain involved, or self-worship?

My answer would change to some degree based on that. Whilst I realise you're not atheistic, the answer I'd give a LeVayen is pretty simple.

Don't tell them. Why would you? What is the purpose of telling them?
No, no one is supposed to proselytize. Whats that mean?

My literal being and existence is Occultism. My life is dedicated to Satanism. They want me to open up to them and learn more about me. Eventually I can't hide who I am for long.