• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Republicans Are Being Taught To Talk about OWS

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You can tell how honest that was because I didn't even care enough to fix "This." But the OP has no inherent problems itself. Just the comments that follow.
That sums it up nicely.
The OP should die a quick & painless death.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
all you're doing is bragging about beating strawmen. yawn. popcorn? to each their own.

We could all resort to making off topic personal comments too........

Not that you and I are, but it could be the logical next step.

I'm sorry if I cannot be too serious here.

If you start another thread, I promise to participate constructively

not nom

We could all resort to making off topic personal comments too........

how about actually discussing the merit of those talking points? instead of already anticipating "drama", accepting nothing else, responding to anything serious with non-sequiturs?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
how about actually discussing the merit of those talking points? instead of already anticipating "drama", accepting nothing else, responding to anything serious with non-sequiturs?
OK here you go.

I have no issue with the OP on face value. People have already decided how they are going to vote so all any of us can do is try to influence others.

You can spin almost anything in a positive or negative manner if you wish to.

Both parties do this and both parties are hypocrites when they shine the light on one another.

The only thing that both sides have in common is neither side is being represented the way they would like to be and our elected officials are pretty ineffective at getting anything done.

My personal feeling are threads like these are true but does little to improve the polarising of America.

Business as usual is to demonise your opponent. Next year we can watch Barack Obama spend a billion dollars doing just that.

Members like mball can make conservatives look stupid and convince you that his way is the only logical option. People who subscribe to his mantra are not going to change their minds so debate about this while fun is rarely constructive.

Most of these threads end up being moderated and someone gets slapped, usually the one who loses their cool.

We live in a country where there are two Americas. Some folks thrive while others struggle. We have lost the ability to compromise and our government is ineffective at best.

Until we learn to pull together and work for a common goal, things will progressively get worse.

It does not matter who you vote for any more. Gridlock is the result.

People have lost the ability to compromise. Everyone wants their way and screw the other guy.

If you think for yourself, you must be demonised for thinking differently.

not nom

Business as usual is to demonise your opponent. [..] Members like mball can make conservatives look stupid and convince you that his way is the only logical option. People who subscribe to his mantra are not going to change their minds so debate about this while fun is rarely constructive.

you write that bile without blinking, without being aware of the irony? whoa.

Alceste

Vagabond
No surprises here. Florida is a hot Republican meeting ground, and Republicans are constantly looking for a way to follow the same policies, with often means updating their lingo to an even more dishonest and laughable approach. Why do they even bother trying to argue OWS. No one in OWS is going to vote Republican.

I saw lots of Ron Paul fans in the OWS crowd, and on OWS threads online.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Thirty years ago we had Democrats who where in the KKK holding congressional seats.

The south did not vote Republican back then.

You're right. Everyone knows the story, Rick. Southern Democrats were notoriously racist. Then along came Reagan and Southern Democrats switched parties by the herd to support him.

But that's neither here nor there. Today's Republicans and Democrats are both corporate bought and paid for.

not nom

I suppose you believe that when a Democrat says they are with the OWS crowd they are being sincere?

uhm, no? are you saying one can't criticize something republicans do, because the democrats do it as well, and vice versa?! after you told me about "gridlock", no less. I don't buy into that whole "either one of two camps" BS anyway, so what do democrats have to do with me? it's enough america is ******, don't try to infect me with it kthx.

but what does that have to do with you talking about demonization, while engaging in it, anyway?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Today's Republicans and Democrats are both corporate bought and paid for.
Your right about that my friend and it matter little who we elect. Both sides are getting screwed and we are being laughed at while we fight each other providing the perfect diversion from what is really going on.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
uhm, no? are you saying one can't criticize something republicans do, because the democrats do it as well, and vice versa?! after you told me about "gridlock", no less. I don't buy into that whole "either one of two camps" BS anyway, so what do democrats have to do with me? it's enough america is ******, don't try to infect me with it kthx.

but what does that have to do with you talking about demonetization, while engaging in it, anyway?

If you go back and read my posts you will see I readily admitted to hypocrisy on both sides.

No shame in my game. It does explain why I don't get involved at this level much any more, like I said before, it is a waste of time and usually ends up with people getting personal.

You can believe all that Liberal Democratic crap you like, because all they are doing is serving you lip service.

Obama said he would close Gitmo and end the Iraq war. He was going to get us out of Afghanistan and improve the economy for the little guy with clean green jobs.

His stimulus bill was going to have unemployment at 8%.

YES WE CAN!

It's all lies that the Democrats are for the little guy.

Just remember, I said the Republicans are no better, but we are the bad guys when we do the same crap your side is famous for.

Let me ask you one little question, do you believe Obama will do any better if you give him four more years?

Can you afford to be wrong about that?

not nom

If you go back and read my posts you will see I readily admitted to hypocrisy on both sides.

yet you're still talking about "sides", that's my whole point.

No shame in my game.

indeed.

You can believe all that Liberal Democratic crap you like, because all they are doing is serving you lip service.

so "addressing the actual talking points of the OP individually, based on their own merit", is "believing all that liberal democratic crap"?

:facepalm:

Obama said he would close Gitmo and end the Iraq war. He was going to get us out of Afghanistan and improve the economy for the little guy with clean green jobs.

His stimulus bill was going to have unemployment at 8%.

YES WE CAN!

It's all lies that the Democrats are for the little guy.

Just remember, I said the Republicans are no better, but we are the bad guys when we do the same crap your side is famous for.

Let me ask you one little question, do you believe Obama will do any better if you give him four more years?

Can you afford to be wrong about that?

o_O

wah wah. way to prove what I said to be correct, about the whole "gridlock" thing and the irony of you lecturing about it.

listen, I couldn't give a **** about obama, I never bought into that whole change thing and I wasn't disappointed. now, if you can't talk about the topic, why comment at all?