• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many White Nationalists are on RF?

What is your view of White Nationalism?

• I believe in a White Race and/or a White Nation and that they face a number of threats

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I don't believe in a White Race/Nation but sympathise with WN arguments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a Nationalist but NOT a White Nationalist

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I am not a White Nationalist.

Votes: 36 69.2%
  • I am a former or ex-White Nationalist who changed their minds.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other (explain if you wish)

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

jonathan180iq

How about English speaking Nationalism? Nothing ruins my day quicker than people speaking Spanish.
Aye, probrecito! Proque no te gusta mi idioma secondaria? Por el resto del tiempo que hablamos en este foro, voy a responder a ti, personalmente, en Español!

íQue Diversion!

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Aye, probrecito! Proque no te gusta mi idioma secondaria? Por el resto del tiempo que hablamos en este foro, voy a responder a ti, personalmente, en Español!

íQue Diversion!

If they would just text each other it would solve a lot of problems...

idav

Being
Premium Member
Usted no piense que la gente Hispana tienen el derecho hablar como quieren? Ellos deben apredener una nueva idioma porque no es conveniente por los oidos de Kemosloby?
Some don't even make an effort to learn English if they don't have to and I have cousins where there kids go into school not knowing a word of English, which isn't normal even outside the Us, everyone learns English.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Some don't even make an effort to learn English if they don't have to and I have cousins where there kids go into school not knowing a word of English, which isn't normal even outside the Us, everyone learns English.
No they don't. In East Europe it's more common that they learn Russian or French. This idea that everyone speaks English is asinine and rude.

idav

Being
Premium Member
No they don't. In East Europe it's more common that they learn Russian or French. This idea that everyone speaks English is asinine and rude.
I deal with people all around the world so if English isn't common I wouldn't know it.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Neither a White nationalist nor a nationalist of any kind. However, I believe that some cultures are generally superior to others morally and intellectually; I just don't strictly view that as what constitutes nationalism.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn't be so rude to say anything, just keep my mouth shut and pray that it ends.
It sends my head spinning trying to keep up with how fast their mouths must move to speak it. It sounds hideous and since I don't speak it means nothing to me. I suppose if there is subliminal attachment it would be from fishing. Mexicans like to fish. Everywhere they fish they speak Spanish and leave piles of garbage. So when I hear Spanish I think of their piles of garbage.

It's okay if you find the languages of non-English-speaking people "hideous." I mean, many of us do your homework for you and learn another language to communicate with you and others. :cool:

idav

Being
Premium Member
This idea that everyone speaks English is asinine and rude.
Are you really saying that having pride in my language is worse than having pride in my race or color? I could care less about race, but language is largely a nationality thing.

jonathan180iq

What you're talking about depends on many factors, including place or origin, income, education level, etc... The factors are the same for any incoming foreigner - The negative cultural aspect of rejecting assimilation comes from facing too many hurdles and having no real incentive to do overcome them. What you're referring to are those individuals who came from lower-income towns, villages, and cities in a predominantly 3rd world country(countries), meaning the barriers to assimilation are greater than most. Those barriers are not made any easier by mentalities that have been shared in this thread...

I transitioned careers from Social work to Pre-K Education just before the great recession hit and our local Hispanic population began to self-regulate some. In doing so, I was able to be an active part of repairing these issues as much as possible. Back then, we were still getting large annual influxes of new residents, many of whom who had no English background whatsoever. We started a program called the Family Literacy Program which focused on all facets that we could do anything about. Childcare was offered during the day for those children who were not in school. The morning program taught English as a second language to adults (4 hours a day, 5 days a week) and the evening program tutored them in preparation for their GED, while also taking on their school-age children for tutoring, mentoring, instruction, etc. (also 4 hours a day, 5 days a week). It was quite successful until funding ran out, which is a big problem with State run initiatives.

Anyway, moving into the classroom allowed me to take that experience and apply it to 4 year-olds, many of whom had been removed from their homelife for the first time ever and placed into a shool building where only 2 of the 60 staff members spoke a language they could understand. Pre-K classrooms in Georgia are limited to 20 children per class. We had two teachers, myself and an ESOL "expert" who didn't speak Spanish... By the Christmas break, year after year, I could have my non-verbal students not only being verbal, but bilingual, which allowed the second half of the school year to operate much more productively and fluidly. It was all great fun.

I say all of that to reiterate the fact that complaining about a problem is easy. Fixing a problem is hard. And if you aren't helping to create solutions, you're as much of a burden as the problem itself.

jonathan180iq

Are you really saying that having pride in my language is worse than having pride in my race or color? I could care less about race, but language is largely a nationality thing.
It may be something that we associate with identity - but it has little to nothing to do with Nationality.
Modern languages are just bastardized conglomerates of previous groups. There's nothing "National" about English, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, Sign Language, or whatever else you want to throw in there.

Localized languages are a bit different. But no one on this forum lives in that world.

idav

Being
Premium Member
What you're talking about depends on many factors, including place or origin, income, education level, etc... The factors are the same for any incoming foreigner - The negative cultural aspect of rejecting assimilation comes from facing too many hurdles and having no real incentive to do overcome them. What you're referring to are those individuals who came from lower-income towns, villages, and cities in a predominantly 3rd world country(countries), meaning the barriers to assimilation are greater than most. Those barriers are not made any easier by mentalities that have been shared in this thread...

I transitioned careers from Social work to Pre-K Education just before the great recession hit and our local Hispanic population began to self-regulate some. In doing so, I was able to be an active part of repairing these issues as much as possible. Back then, we were still getting large annual influxes of new residents, many of whom who had no English background whatsoever. We started a program called the Family Literacy Program which focused on all facets that we could do anything about. Childcare was offered during the day for those children who were not in school. The morning program taught English as a second language to adults (4 hours a day, 5 days a week) and the evening program tutored them in preparation for their GED, while also taking on their school-age children for tutoring, mentoring, instruction, etc. (also 4 hours a day, 5 days a week). It was quite successful until funding ran out, which is a big problem with State run initiatives.

Anyway, moving into the classroom allowed me to take that experience and apply it to 4 year-olds, many of whom had been removed from their homelife for the first time ever and placed into a shool building where only 2 of the 60 staff members spoke a language they could understand. Pre-K classrooms in Georgia are limited to 20 children per class. We had two teachers, myself and an ESOL "expert" who didn't speak Spanish... By the Christmas break, year after year, I could have my non-verbal students not only being verbal, but bilingual, which allowed the second half of the school year to operate much more productively and fluidly. It was all great fun.

I say all of that to reiterate the fact that complaining about a problem is easy. Fixing a problem is hard. And if you aren't helping to create solutions, you're as much of a burden as the problem itself.
This is very informative thanks for that. Sometimes it is just a matter of the parents speaking english at home, especially when the parents know English, the kids would learn both. I have a younger half brother may have only known Spanish if is wasn't for me talking to him all the time, but being bilingual is far better than just being limited to one language.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
It's okay if you find the languages of non-English-speaking people "hideous." I mean, many of us do your homework for you and learn another language to communicate with you and others. :cool:

No just Spanish mostly. But it's not as bad in songs. Maybe if you played an accordian while talking.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I voted "other" and this is my explanation:
White nationalists in the U.S. are such a small segment of society that it almost makes them irrelevant but that does not mean that their right to free speech should not be protected.

WalterTrull

Godfella
My original reaction was to create a flippant response, but I held myself in check since I find I do have a thought on the subject:
Nationalism of any ilk is just another form of bigotry and in the end is self destructive. We are all the children.

I'm editing this because I believe my response needs a bit of context. I am not free of bigotry. There is a veritable sea of bigotries locked in a subterranean cabinet of my psyche. I refuse to release them until I am strong enough to destroy them.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Neither a White nationalist nor a nationalist of any kind. However, I believe that some cultures are generally superior to others morally and intellectually; I just don't strictly view that as what constitutes nationalism.
That is my exact stance as well.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
When I was younger I thought that white people were superior to blacks because we had guns and canons while they had spears and shields. I thought if the world was black there would never be Internet, planes, cell phones, or landings on the moon.

Fortunately I've met enough good black people that my opinion has changed.

I'm not a nationalist but do resent some of eastern civilization. There is a reason why so many people want to move to America and Europe. So many countries are atrocious and don't provide significant welfare, healthcare, or free speech.

If I lived in a lot of those countries I'd be missing both my hands or be dead!

Ya, go back hundreds of years and it was the Chinese that invented gunpowder. In Africa, while the white people were dying left and right to small pox, the black people were inoculating themselves to it, because their medicine was leaps and bounds ahead of the Europeans. Not only that but their metalwork was also more advanced. The Europeans were not more advanced in technology, it was the type of technology they had. They had ships that could cross the ocean, which allowed them to interact with more of the world.