• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many people on this forum is vegetarian?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
sounds good,I like to mix it up with spice,turmeric garlic chilli and onions as a base but then you can go north or South Indian,oil or butter but I like adding methi which I’m sure you know is fenugreek,adds so much imo as does my own garam masala,of course that’s my opinion about that lol.

I'm a South Indian, Sri Lankan type, although I use far less oil and salt than they do. Sometimes I like it hot so chillies are a necessity, as is garlic, and onion. Cumin (roasted) is my favorite for pure taste though. After cauliflower, eggplant is a close second. I never follow recipes so no two curries taste the same.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I'm a South Indian, Sri Lankan type, although I use far less oil and salt than they do. Sometimes I like it hot so chillies are a necessity, as is garlic, and onion. Cumin (roasted) is my favorite for pure taste though. After cauliflower, eggplant is a close second. I never follow recipes so no two curries taste the same.

Who wants same,I roast cumin and caraway seed too,cardomen is another,cauliflower rice is good too but I like the versatility of cauliflower,eggplant I love but I prefer it in Thai food,the tiny ones are tasty.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What's the occasion?
We call it a Daniel Fast. For our body it also includes not eating sugar, white flower, caffeine, dairy and processed foods.

For our soul, we spend extra time praying and studying the Bible.

For our community, we make extra effort to be a positive impact. Do justice and acts of kindness.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
We call it a Daniel Fast. For our body it also includes not eating sugar, white flower, caffeine, dairy and processed foods.

For our soul, we spend extra time praying and studying the Bible.

For our community, we make extra effort to be a positive impact. Do justice and acts of kindness.

Do you do Daniel Fasts on specific dates, or whenever need strikes?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Do you do Daniel Fasts on specific dates, or whenever need strikes?
Usually we start the year that way for 21 days... just to get off on a good foot.

However, fasting can be very personal any time one wants to. Can be a complete fast, a day, three days, and a variety of other times and methods.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Who wants same,I roast cumin and caraway seed too,cardomen is another,cauliflower rice is good too but I like the versatility of cauliflower,eggplant I love but I prefer it in Thai food,the tiny ones are tasty.

I'm lucky to have a lot of Indian veggies available here. Long Chinese beans is another. Haven't done Thai in a while, couldn't cook it, but a small Thai restaurant is a go-to when we travel to Kauai. (I'm getting hungry.)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I've been a veggie for half a century.
1. I don't wish to contribute to the suffering, pain or fear of sentient beings.
2. I don't wish to needlessly harm the planet.
2. As a Hippie, ahimsa is part of my cultural identity. Within my status community vegetarinism is considered meritorious.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Grow your own,even in a small space it’s possible,garden to pot your veg takes it to another flavour,run with the seasons too,every minute from the time it’s harvested veg loses flavour so fresh is best.
I live in an apartment so not much growing access (my patio is heavily shaded too). I've done the community garden thing though. I do enjoy it even if it's nowhere near subsistence capable. Nice to have fresh herbs especially to retain their vitamins and potency over store-bought.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I live in an apartment so not much growing access (my patio is heavily shaded too). I've done the community garden thing though. I do enjoy it even if it's nowhere near subsistence capable. Nice to have fresh herbs especially to retain their vitamins and potency over store-bought.

I love fresh herbs,if you can’t grow then you still have dried herbs and spices although herbs are not as good dried spice is.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I'm lucky to have a lot of Indian veggies available here. Long Chinese beans is another. Haven't done Thai in a while, couldn't cook it, but a small Thai restaurant is a go-to when we travel to Kauai. (I'm getting hungry.)

Tom yum gai or goreng soup is a favourite of mine,my whole face goes numb,good Thai food is about balance though and delicious.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Why Are you vegetarian?

I became an ovo-lacto-vegetarian in July 2019 because I sensed that it would be better for me spiritually, and, at the time, I was inspired by Isaiah 11.6-9. Later, in 2021, I experimented with pescetarianism for less than three months. I still consider myself to have been a vegetarian since July 2019, but maybe I'm lying to myself. I continue to be a vegetarian because of ahiṃsā and because I believe the diet is conducive to my spiritual progress.

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character
I am vegetarian because i believe animals do have souls. God loves us humans but God also love animals. I am also against animals cruelty, animals is not stupid. They get afraid just like us.

I also believe in reicarnation. Some humans Will become a animal in their next life and some animals Will become a human in their next life. Animals and humans is more similar to each other than many humans think.

Why Are you vegetarian?

Why Are you not vegetarian?
I am a vegetarian , because I do not want to be involved in the consumer demand of ranch animals who emit global warming methane. Furthermore, food crops absorb carbon in contrast to animals that emit global warming carbon dioxide. We as vegetarians , with all other factors being equal, leave a lesser carbon footprint than carnivores..

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Why Are you vegetarian?
Age 20 or so, I read about Buddha and Ahimsa (non violence). Thereafter I became vegetarian. Not over night. I found out I was a bit addicted to food, and gradually reduced meat. French Baquette Chicken Curry was the last meat I gave up. Oh, and years later I discovered cheese sometimes has rennet (of stomach of calf), so then I stopped that too.

Later my Master explained that to improve Spiritual it's best to be vegetarian, so after hearing this I was even more motivated.

Clara Tea

I am vegetarian because i believe animals do have souls. God loves us humans but God also love animals. I am also against animals cruelty, animals is not stupid. They get afraid just like us.

I also believe in reicarnation. Some humans Will become a animal in their next life and some animals Will become a human in their next life. Animals and humans is more similar to each other than many humans think.

Why Are you vegetarian?

Loving parents tell their kids that their dogs will go to heaven if they get run over. The kids feel better. But the bible says that dogs are filthy and intimates that they will not go to heaven.

White lies might be permissible (sin we are all sinners, anyway). Bigger lies are also permissible, because small white lies were permissible. In fact, we should cuss like sailors and lie like lilacs. After all, we'll be forgiven for any sin.

The point of religion is to make ourselves feel better. It is not to make sure that others are cured or fed.

When the 911 attack occurred, we all felt better when 1,000,000 Iraqis were murdered in war, because they were living in a country not too far from the terrorists (and had nothing to do with terrorism). It was about making us feel safer, rather than about the million who died, and the millions more who were bombed, injured, deprived of utliities, food, shelter, and clothing.

We can choose to defy God, as long as we feel good.

Ponder This

Why Are you vegetarian?

I am not vegetarian because I regard the animal soul issue as a pretense. Plants also have souls.
The animal soul excuse makes me think of people who think milk comes from a store and not from a cow.

Also what is not eaten can be harmful to the body. Also, excess can be unhealthy.
Also, many foods can be produced in a harmful manner and carry that harm to the body.

I also do not believe that I eat food only for my self or only for my body, but rather that I am responsible for an entire biome of life within me and around me in which I participate, share, and coexist.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Loving parents tell their kids that their dogs will go to heaven if they get run over. The kids feel better. But the bible says that dogs are filthy and intimates that they will not go to heaven.

We tell our kids their pets will be reborn, because that's what we believe.

And, our scriptures says such, too. :)