• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many people on this forum is vegetarian?

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I am vegetarian because i believe animals do have souls. God loves us humans but God also love animals. I am also against animals cruelty, animals is not stupid. They get afraid just like us.

I also believe in reicarnation. Some humans Will become a animal in their next life and some animals Will become a human in their next life. Animals and humans is more similar to each other than many humans think.

Why Are you vegetarian?

Why Are you not vegetarian?

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
I eat meat but in moderation. I've considered going all the way. Mainly for health reasons.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am not a vegetarian, i like meat too much to give it up completely. However, my eldest daughter is vegetarian and rather than cooking 2 different meals every night, one with meat and one meat free, the whole family will have meat free meals 3 or 4 times per week

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am vegetarian because i believe animals do have souls. God loves us humans but God also love animals. I am also against animals cruelty, animals is not stupid. They get afraid just like us.

I also believe in reicarnation. Some humans Will become a animal in their next life and some animals Will become a human in their next life. Animals and humans is more similar to each other than many humans think.

Why Are you vegetarian?

Yes I am a vegetarian:) both because of spiritual reason, and health reasons.

Orbit

I'm a planet
I'm not vegetarian because I grew up in a society where eating meat was normal. If I had been born in India, I would probably be a vegetarian Hindu.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I am lacto-vegetarian, light on lacto. Closing in on 50 years. I became vegetarian originally because of a personal experiment. Being of curious mind, and hearing about it, I took a one month vow to abstain from meat. Never ate it since, as I felt so much better physically. Now there are many reasons ... health, environment, ahimsa, being a few.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a low-meat omnivore. I like supporting small, local farms because I think a local chicken or cow is less impactfull in the long run than an imported vegetable grown from clear-cut areas. I source local veggies too, where I can. But it's a harder (and more expensive) process to get variety especially when things are out of season.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I like most humans am an omnivore but I’m eating less meat but not for religious reasons,I actually like vegetables especially in a curry.

Which vegetables in which curries? (There are a zillion variations). My favorite curry is a fairly plain cauliflower white curry. (Curry, by Indians, just means vegetables cooked in an Indian way) You fry the cauliflower in a light masala, not too heavy, then add some salt (not much) but quite a few chopped curry leaves. For about each cup, at the end you add about 1 teaspoon of plain yoghurt (why it's called a white curry), and stir it enough to lightly coat all the cauliflower.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Why Are you vegetarian?

I am a vegetarian. Maybe it's a bit of compassion for animals.
Mostly though, I simply don't like meat.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Which vegetables in which curries? (There are a zillion variations). My favorite curry is a fairly plain cauliflower white curry. (Curry, by Indians, just means vegetables cooked in an Indian way) You fry the cauliflower in a light masala, not too heavy, then add some salt (not much) but quite a few chopped curry leaves. For about each cup, at the end you add about 1 teaspoon of plain yoghurt (why it's called a white curry), and stir it enough to lightly coat all the cauliflower.

sounds good,I like to mix it up with spice,turmeric garlic chilli and onions as a base but then you can go north or South Indian,oil or butter but I like adding methi which I’m sure you know is fenugreek,adds so much imo as does my own garam masala,of course that’s my opinion about that lol.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I am a vegetarian for personal, mainly religious reasons.
I still eat dairy and eggs.
I am a very healthy person with a healthy body structure, so I need no meat.

But some physicians advise certain people to eat meat to get a quick proteine refueling. It is right.
So...I am for meat, as long as it is eaten in moderation.

Last edited:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I was vegetarian, but consider myself "plant-based" because I work at a school where I sometimes eat meat because it would otherwise be thrown out (and that seems worse than not eating it) or it was made by a student learning life-skills. I do not buy, order, or prepare meat.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I was vegetarian, but consider myself "plant-based" because I work at a school where I sometimes eat meat because it would otherwise be thrown out (and that seems worse than not eating it) or it was made by a student learning life-skills. I do not buy, order, or prepare meat.

You eat student prepared food... Wow thats brave.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I'm a low-meat omnivore. I like supporting small, local farms because I think a local chicken or cow is less impactfull in the long run than an imported vegetable grown from clear-cut areas. I source local veggies too, where I can. But it's a harder (and more expensive) process to get variety especially when things are out of season.

Grow your own,even in a small space it’s possible,garden to pot your veg takes it to another flavour,run with the seasons too,every minute from the time it’s harvested veg loses flavour so fresh is best.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Why Are you vegetarian?

We are not eating meat for 21 days... but looking forward to some fish in a week or so.

:)

We eat meat and fish because the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob said to do so. Scientifically, some people say that there are some nutritional needs that are derived by eating meat and fish.