• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many here believe man walked along with T-rex

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm fishing here. I'm wondering how many here believe man was created as he is and that man walked along with the dinosaurs.
Your answers will receive no judgement from me. I'm just curious.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Well, considering the soft tissue scientists (like Dr. Schweitzer) have discovered, I'd say it's possible.

Yes, I believe they existed 65 million years ago...some species continued existing until Adam was created, possibly 7500 years ago.

Why not?

I mean, crocs have been around 100 m.y. Right?

We Never Know

No Slack
Well, considering the soft tissue scientists (like Dr. Schweitzer) have discovered, I'd say it's possible.

Yes, I believe they existed 65 million years ago...some species continued existing until Adam was created, possibly 7500 years ago.

Why not?

I used T-rex for the reason of many millions of years ago.

You think earth, life, etc existed many millions of years before man(Adam in your terms, was created). How does that fit into the creation story of 7 days?

We Never Know

No Slack

Why not?

Bty, horseshoe crab have probably been around longer.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

You think earth, life, etc existed many millions of years before man(Adam in your terms, was created). How does that fit into the creation story of 7 days?

Eden was a dimensional pocket not subject to what we perceive as time. 1 day in Eden could easily be 1,000 earth years, or 1,000,000, or infinity. The Lord was with Adam and Eve in Eden, the Lord exist outside of time, so wherever the Lord is time basically doesn't exist.

Now that being said.

No, humans didn't walk with dinosaurs.

The humans outside of Eden created on the 6th day evolved as we know it through science. Only Adam and Eve were created as is. So they didn't come along until millions of years later.

We Never Know

No Slack
Eden was a dimensional pocket not subject to what we perceive as time. 1 day in Eden could easily be 1,000 earth years, or 1,000,000, or infinity. The Lord was with Adam and Eve in Eden, the Lord exist outside of time, so wherever the Lord is time basically doesn't exist.

Now that being said.

No, humans didn't walk with dinosaurs.

The humans outside of Eden created on the 6th day evolved as we know it through science. Only Adam and Eve were created as is. So they didn't come along until millions of years later.

Creative as well as interesting.

siti

Eden was a dimensional pocket not subject to what we perceive as time.
You've been reading too much of that very long "science is religion" thread haven't you? I don't want to mention anyone's name - he might come in here...shhh!

siti

Oh - BTW - no I don't believe humans walked with T-Rex - well except for Fred and Barney of course. Yabba dabba doo!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

If you read Genesis 2:4, it refers to "generations" as being part of "the day". Correct?

So, it's not a literal 24 hours.

If you read Hebrews 4, Paul said God's rest day was still continuing in his day, 4,000 years later. It agrees w/ the Genesis context of Day 7...while all the other days ended, nowhere does it say that Day 7, i.e., God's rest day, ended.

In Genesis 1, where it says "evening and morning"? That wasn't the literal Hebrew day; morning was neither the beginning nor the end of their day.

It was figurative...our usage of the word can be the same at times: as when I say, "back in my Grandfather's day."

Evidence #4: Considering the context of Day 6, too much was going on, for it all to be done in 24 hours!

Take care.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Yep...depends on what you mean by dinosaurs.....

Did T-Rex miss the boat in Noah's day? Nope I think he was long gone by then.

We Never Know

No Slack
If you read Genesis 2:4, it refers to "generations" as being part of "the day". Correct?

So, it's not a literal 24 hours.

If you read Hebrews 4, Paul said God's rest day was still continuing in his day, 4,000 years later. It agrees w/ the Genesis context of Day 7...while all the other days ended, nowhere does it say that Day 7, i.e., God's rest day, ended.

In Genesis 1, where it says "evening and morning"? That wasn't the literal Hebrew day; morning was neither the beginning nor the end of their day.

It was figurative...our usage of the word can be the same at times: as when I say, "back in my Grandfather's day."

Evidence #4: Considering the context of Day 6, too much was going on, for it all to be done in 24 hours!

Take care.

That depends on the version you read. Some say generations, accounts, histories, origins, births, records, etc.

You take care as well.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Creative as well as interesting.

*Disclaimer*

It's just my own personal theory. I can't prove any of that. But I can provide scripture to back up all of it to show how I came up with the theory. Its not super important, if I'm right I'm right good on me, if I'm wrong, oh well who cares.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
Very studious! Good job!
Since it was written in Hebrew originally though, we should ultimately look at the Hebrew word used.

Genesis 2:4 Hebrew Text Analysis

I don't know Hebrew but like you can only go by what we are told it says by others that try to translate it.
Funny thing is how did the Hebrew language get lost to where people have to more or less try to guess what they think it says. That is the question.

Edit. Before you may try to claim the flood, the Mayans also went extinct a long with their knowledge, language, culture, etc. And that was well after the flood. IMO the Hebrews, like the Mayans, lived their time and their era passed in time.

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
That's the type of thinking that show creationists cannot be honest with other people, when they make ridiculous claim like this.

But worse still, they cannot be honest with themselves.

Enoch07

Premium Member
That's the type of thinking that show creationists cannot be honest with other people, when they make ridiculous claim like this.

But worse still, they cannot be honest with themselves.

That's as honest as honest gets. :D

Now is it the truth though? I think so, I can't prove it, so that's why it's a theory.:)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I don't know Hebrew but like you can only go by what we are told it says by others that try to translate it.
Funny thing is how did the Hebrew language get lost to where people have to more or less try to guess what they think it says. That is the question.
Languages do change....evolve, if you will.
Even English just 400 years ago, was different! And Chaucer's English, was way different!

I don't know, though, about 1000's of years ago. I think many ancient cultures (not all), due to fear, insulated themselves from outside influences, as best they could....probably resulting in little change.

But idk.

Take care.