• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How i understand "Natural Selection"

David T

Premium Member
I posted the title" how i understand", instead of "what i understand" natural section, for a reason.... Obtuse as that might end up being for many.

When Darwin postulated natural selection in his time it was a psychological negation of artifical selection which had become a very dominate view. If we modernized artifical selection then we would hear artifical selection as virtual reality in side reality creating reality. Psychologically this is actually unhealthy, and profoundly detached from reality. Thank God for Darwin calling BS on that infantile nonsense.

In european culture there had developed over the course of time the intellectualizing processes that themselves began to percieve those processes determining nature. Its heavy in western religion but religion merely was a part of that way of thinking that was culturally broad.

Natural selection, as first postulated by Darwin, was in fact an attact on psychological virtual reality fantasy that had developed in european culture. Thus its psychological in nature, "not that".

All would be good except well we are intelligent. Natural selection became just a variation replacing virtualism with another virtualism.where the term no longer is a "not that" to a "is this" psychologically. Thus when we debate say natural section vs intelligent design it really is just a debate of, is this"blah de blah" vs no is this "blah de blah" virtualism. Which nonsense is true?

To give an identical virtual statement psychologically in physics we often times here "laws of physics" an external abstraction exists outside reality and reality is following that abstraction. Pure scientific philosophical intellectualing virtualism nonsense.

I am an extremely keen experiencier of the wilder parts of nature, and going to the source is the best resource. I deeply appreciate Darwins "not that". I do not bother with it becoming just another intellectualized virtual fantasy "is this".

Nature is bigger than humans. Its infinitely bigger than science and i will say double so for religion. Although it certainly is much smaller than Religjous Forums according to many.

The garden is one second travel time of a distant of one inch. It may take a lifetime of wandering around but sometimes folks get lucky and just toss it all into the ocean and discover their original face. Till then its just narrcisus staring at a self reflection and nothing more arguing with itself. Poor creature.

Last edited:

atanu

Premium Member
The garden is one second travel time of a distant of one inch. It may take a lifetime of wandering around but sometimes folks get lucky and just toss it all into the ocean and discover their original face. Till then its just narrcisus staring at a self reflection and nothing more arguing with itself. Poor creature.

I am interested in this. I think that Narcissus is the idolator.

What is this garden?

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Explain please.
Idols are false gods. When take the image and idea and mistake it for the truth, we are committing idolatry. All our ideologies, how we view others and ourselves, our spiritualities and religions, our science and politics, both our attachments to nature and the detachment thereof are all idols. We mistake the map for the territory. We don't receive the data raw, we always interpret it through various lens of our biology, our cultures, our needs and desires.

David T

Premium Member
Idols are false gods. When take the image and idea and mistake it for the truth, we are committing idolatry. All our ideologies, how we view others and ourselves, our spiritualities and religions, our science and politics, both our attachments to nature and the detachment thereof are all idols. We mistake the map for the territory. We don't receive the data raw, we always interpret it through various lens of our biology, our cultures, our needs and desires.
That is extremely well put.

atanu

Premium Member

The root is Narcissus, though. All other things come later.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I posted the title" how i understand", instead of "what i undeestand" natural section, for a reason.... Obtuse as that might end up being fir many.

When Darwin postulated natural selection in his time it was a psychological negation of artifical selection which had become a cery dominate view. If we modernized artifical selection then we would hear artifical selection as virtual reality in side reality creating it. Psyxhologically this is actually unhealthy, and profoundly detached from reality. Thank God for Darwin calling BS on that infantile nonsense.
How was natural selection a negation of artificial selection?

I'm assuming that by artificial selection you mean selective breeding -- which farmers have been doing successfully for thousands of years. Yes? No?

Natural selection is exactly the same biological mechanism as selective breeding. It just occurs naturally, without human manipulation.
If it's the same process, how can it negate itself???

What "nonsense" did Darwin call BS on? What was this "infantile nonsense?" What is unhealthy and detached from reality?

Natural selection is real. Do you think it's detached from reality?

"If we modernized natural selection?" --Modernized? Do you mean by genetic engineering -- like producing human insulin from bacteria, spider silk from goats or 'Roundup Ready' maize?

What do you mean by "virtual reality inside reality creating it?"
WHAT is psychologically unhealthy? What do you mean by "detached from reality?"

Seriously, If your posts weren't so full of typos, grammatical and semantic errors, I'd think you were a bot. The subject seems interesting but I can't understand what your point is.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In european culture there had developed over the course of time the intellectualizing processes that themselves began to percieve those processes determining nature.
The words are English, but they're gobbledygook. What do you mean?
Its heavy in western religion but religion merely was a part of that way of thinking that was culturally broad.
Huh?
"Heavy in Western religion?" What does that mean?
Natural selection, as first postulated by Darwin, was in fact an attact on psychological virtual reality fantasy that had developed in european culture. Thus its psychological in nature, "not that".
What are you talking about? Natural selection isn't an attack, and what is "psychological virtual reality fantasy?"
Natural selection is psychological in nature? How? Natural selection is a simple mechanism. There's nothing psychological about it. It's strictly mechanical.
All would be good except well we are intelligent. Natural selection became just a variation replacing virtualism with another virtualism.where the term no longer is a "not that" to a "is this" psychologically. Thus when we debate say natural section vs intelligent design it really is just a debate of, is this"blah de blah" vs no is this "blah de blah" virtualism. Which nonsense is true?
This is gobbledygook. I can't make heads or tails of it.
Could you please, please explain what you're talking about in simple English?
To give an identical virtual statement psychologically in physics we often times here "laws of physics" an external abstraction exists outside reality and reality is following that abstraction. Pure scientific philosophical intellectualing virtualism nonsense.

I am an extremely keen experiencier of the wilder parts of nature, and going to the source is the best resource. I deeply appreciate Darwins "not that". I do not bother with it becoming just another intellectualized virtual fantasy "is this".

Nature is bigger than humans. Its infinitely bigger than science and i will say double so for religion. Although it certainly is much smaller than Religjous Forums according to many.

????????????????[/quote][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

David T

Premium Member
"How was natural selection a negation of artificial selection?"

I'm assuming that by artificial selection you mean selective breeding -- which farmers have been doing successfully for thousands of years. Yes? No?

Natural selection is exactly the same biological mechanism as selective breeding. It just occurs naturally, without human manipulation.
If it's the same process, how can it negate itself???

What "nonsense" did Darwin call BS on? What was this "infantile nonsense?" What is unhealthy and detached from reality?

Natural selection is real. Do you think it's detached from reality?

"If we modernized natural selection?" --Modernized? Do you mean by genetic engineering -- like producing human insulin from bacteria, spider silk from goats or 'Roundup Ready' maize?

What do you mean by "virtual reality inside reality creating it?"
WHAT is psychologically unhealthy? What do you mean by "detached from reality?"

Seriously, If your posts weren't so full of typos, grammatical and semantic errors, I'd think you were a bot. The subject seems interesting but I can't understand what your point is.
"How was natural selection a negation of artificial selection."

?

Without artifical selection, no scientific theory would state " natural selection" . It only exists in response to artifical selection. Which itself is a psychological of the intellect in projection onto. Thus its merely a negation of, not a replacement for, or it becomes what it replaces. Bad science.

I could careless about horrible science, we can talk big foot, same thing and personally not my problem nor do i care to.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"How was natural selection a negation of artificial selection."

?

Without artifical selection, no scientific theory would state " natural selection" . It only exists in response to artifical selection. Which itself is a psychological of the intellect in projection onto. Thus its merely a negation of, not a replacement for, or it becomes what it replaces. Bad science.

I could careless about horrible science, we can talk big foot, same thing and personally not my problem nor do i care to.
What do you mean by "artificial selection?" Can you give me an example?

Natural selection is a mechanism, a way populations change over time and adapt to new circumstances. There's nothing psychological about it. It doesn't depend on any "artificial selection" -- whatever that is. It was happening ling before humans ever appeared on the planet.

David T

Premium Member
What do you mean by "artificial selection?" Can you give me an example?

Natural selection is a mechanism, a way populations change over time and adapt to new circumstances. There's nothing psychological about it. It doesn't depend on any "artificial selection" -- whatever that is. It was happening ling before humans ever appeared on the planet.
IMG_20190629_194939.jpg
ibam in lime for an ELO concert. We randomly pickrd yhe door.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Randomness? Chance?

I don't understand how this would work as a mechanism to generate beneficial change in a population, because that's all natural selection is.
Please explain how artificial selection generates beneficial changes in a population.

Are you sure you understand what natural selection is? You seem to be imputing human motives, psychological and social effects to it that aren't there.

Last edited:

David T

Premium Member
Randomness? Chance?

I don't understand how this would work as a mechanism to generate beneficial change in a population, because that's all natural selection is.
Please explain how artificial selection generates beneficial changes in a population.

Are you sure you understand what natural selection is? You seem to be imputing human motives, psychological and social effects to it that aren't there.
I actually do understand "natural selection" very very well. Break the term down.

Natural
, There only exists nature as opposed to what? Nature is all i know nothing else. Nature is all there is nothing else. Whats natural even mean? In context to what? Why use that term even? All there is is nature.

Scientifically it makes no sense actually. Please explain why the term natural is used here at all.

I actually do know why the term has crept into science and why its used but it actually is a psychological statement in regards to perceptions of nature its not a scientific term about nature. Since the term natural is not needed in that regards when discussing discrete aspects of nature.

I am way way hardcore science stick to being scientific. "Natural" is not scientific per se its psychological in response to some other fantasy view i have no idea about.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I actually do understand "natural selection" very very well. Break the term down.

Natural
, There only exists nature as opposed to what? Nature is all i know nothing else. Nature is all there is nothing else. Whats natural even mean? In context to what? Why use that term even? All there is is nature.

Scientifically it makes no sense actually. Please explain why the term natural is used here at all.

I actually do know why the term has crept into science and why its used but it actually is a psychological statement in regards to perceptions of nature its not a scientific term about nature. Since the term natural is not needed in that regards when discussing discrete aspects of nature.

I am way way hardcore science stick to being scientific. "Natural" is not scientific per se its psychological in response to some other fantasy view i have no idea about.
"Nature" = chemistry, physics, biology &c -- the disciplines science studies. Natural laws are the "rules" physics utilizes. Science can't study what it can't detect and examine, so Nature, rather than the supernatural, is Science's sole purview.

Natural selection is a well established mechanism that drives change in living organisms. What problem do you have with it?

"Artificial selection" must needs be genetic engineering or selective breeding. What other mechanism selects?
I have not seen the term used outside your posts, and still don't grasp the meaning of it in relation to selection.

The term "crept into science?" It was all science focused on from the very beginning. What else could science study, if not Nature? And what does it have to do with psychology? I don't understand what you're getting at, here.

David T

Premium Member
"Nature" = chemistry, physics, biology &c -- the disciplines science studies. Natural laws are the "rules" physics utilizes. Science can't study what it can't detect and examine, so Nature, rather than the supernatural, is Science's sole purview.

Natural selection is a well established mechanism that drives change in living organisms. What problem do you have with it?

"Artificial selection" must needs be genetic engineering or selective breeding. What other mechanism selects?
I have not seen the term used outside your posts, and still don't grasp the meaning of it in relation to selection.

The term "crept into science?" It was all science focused on from the very beginning. What else could science study, if not Nature? And what does it have to do with psychology? I don't understand what you're getting at, here.
Nature" = chemistry, physics, biology &c -- the disciplines science studies.

Sorry the study isnt the reality regardless. You sound identical to my theology professors and you only understand whats printed.
This is not music.
Scherzo_in_A_flat_(Borodin)-1.png

Nor is this an orange. Since you lack the capacity to understand that, we have zero to talk about.
51TcdS9z2fL._SY300_QL70_.jpg