• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How easy is it for Trinitarians to misread the scriptures?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It may help you to know that gnostics honored and referenced the "Sacred Feminine"
the "Female" part of the whole androgynous "Father" (God).
We know that the "Holy Spirit" in orthodox Christian doctrine is the "Mother".

Whereas the RCC purposely and intentionally made it a "He" in their "canon".
So that they, being a male dominated institution, adopting a Patriarchal ( male dominate ) "religion",
could exercise complete control ( OPPRESSION ) over the MOST IMPORTANT half of humanity,

the "FEMALE".

I'm not sure why I should be impressed. Genesis 1 states that God made man in his image: male and female created he them. That pretty much says that both the male and female aspects are found in God, who really is beyond gender, since he has no body

WhyIsThatSo

I'm not sure why I should be impressed. Genesis 1 states that God made man in his image: male and female created he them. That pretty much says that both the male and female aspects are found in God, who really is beyond gender, since he has no body

True "male" and "female" PRINCIPLES, which are eternal,
has nothing to do with "gender".
It is only "gender" here in this world where male and female have been divided and separated.

Thus , the physical "urge to merge".

IndigoChild5559

No, you will NEVER find Truth on the "outside",
all around you is "illusion"

Heck, even the Hindus know this.
Weeellll, I'm sure you know I disagree with the Hindus on that matter. I actually do think that the universe objectively exists.

I just pinched myself. I am not dreaming.

WhyIsThatSo

The reason is because men, being bigger and having more upper body strength, have oppressed us. Don't blame religion.

You can't be serious. I am old enough to remember when women were not even allowed to
go out into the work force and earn a living for themselves.

And this had absolutely nothing to do with "body strength"

rrobs

How could this statement be read/misread:
  • ‘A great cook made a meal for his king. The meal was sumptuous and filling. The king giving was all praises to the cook and he was well satisfied with the meal. However, despite the pleasure of the moment, he did not enjoy anything else as he was killed as soon as the meal was over!’
Who was killed?

A trinitarian would say it was the king...!!

But common sense says it was the cook!!!

Why?

The cook had stolen the meat for the meal from the kings estate - illegally poached - and the king was informed.

Trinitarians would read the story and base their opinion on their DESIRED VIEW. No matter what was shown to them in the explanation, they would maintain their viewpoint.

As a simple example: In the Scriptures, ‘Father’, means, ‘Creator’... yet Trinitarians continue to maintain that the ‘Son’ is the creator...

Also, they believe that the Son was somehow CREATED by the Father - but then NOT CREATED by the Father...
In fact both are FALSE... because to a trinitarian BOTH ARE THE SAME ... in their views!! This is expressed as ‘Uncreated’ in their parlance... an uncreated creation!

Try this:
  • From whence does the Son come in trinity?
  • What is the meaning of the title, ‘Sons?
  • Why does the Son inherit from the Father if the son is co-almighty with the Father?
These are only a few questions that pose absolute problems god Trinitarians to answer with any credibility.

Can anyone give a run at answering?
There are no answers period, let alone any with credibility. There is no trinity and Jesus is not God.

What is so complicated about the words "son of God?" Are there any other sons who are also their own father? All in all, the trinity is about absolute best way to screw up an otherwise incredible story.

IndigoChild5559

You can't be serious. I am old enough to remember when women were not even allowed to
go out into the work force and earn a living for themselves.

And this had absolutely nothing to do with "body strength"
It absolutely does have to do with men oppressing us just because they can.

Iymus

I believe substance matters and you don't have anything but rhetoric.
:rolleyes:
:oops:

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Joh 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

1Ti 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

1Co 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Joh 13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

Psa 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

All Things are Of and Originate with The Father for a reason but you refuse purpose and how we receive understanding when it comes to bible. That is why you error and your doctrine cannot prevail.

Joh 17:7 KJV Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
URAVIP2ME, please don’t take this the wrong way, but if you’ve ONLY JUST made this observation then you need to be very careful what else you claim to know concerning scriptures for the time being.
It is a FACT ... a WELL KNOWN FACT... it is a fundamental FACT...
Yes, the trinitarian translators desired NOT TO PRINT the NAME GOD GAVE TO MOSES: ‘YHWH’. So they SUBSTITUTED the word ‘LORD’, in place.. all caps as you see. This can only lead to confusion because someone who does not know the basis of the name/word might rewrite ‘LORD’ elsewhere as ‘Lord’... confusion reigns - and when it is further passed on in its false state become entrenched as trinitarian FACT!!! Yet ANOTHER trinitarian falsehood!!
The word, ‘Lord’, as seen, is ONLY ... I say again, ONLY... a word meaning someone who is to be treated with high reverence...

At Psalms 110 there are two (2) LORD/Lords:
The LORD in all Upper-Case letters stands for the Tetragrammaton (YHWH)
The Lord in some lower-case letters stands for Jesus as Lord. The Tetragrammaton is Not applied.[/QUOTE]

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
At Psalms 110 there are two (2) LORD/Lords:
The LORD in all Upper-Case letters stands for the Tetragrammaton (YHWH)
The Lord in some lower-case letters stands for Jesus as Lord. The Tetragrammaton is Not applied.
URAVIP2ME, did the Lord God, YHWH, say that:
  • ‘Beside me there is no God’
Can I ask if you are proposing that:
  • ‘Beside YHWH there was another God’ to whom YHWH was speaking to?
Or was he talking to DAVID, saying that David’s throne is a throne that would be ETERNAL.

Have you considered that 2 Samuel 7:16:
  • “16 And your [David’s] house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me. Your throne shall be established forever.’”
absolutely dovetails with Psalm 110...

and this:
  • “the Lord God will give Him [Jesus] the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.” (Luke 1:32-33)
And hence the scriptural fact that psalm 110 is addressed to King David AND is prophesying the future reign of Jesus Christ.

The ‘Lord’ is a human ‘Lord’.

David is human.

Jesus is human.

Jesus Christ will conquer his enemies just as David did - by the strong arm of YHWH.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, David is human and we find in the resurrection David to be human - Ezekiel 34:24; Ezekiel 37:25
Pre-human heavenly Jesus was Not human, but sent to Earth by his God to be a sinless human as Adam originally was.
Dying a faithful sinless death, and resurrected by his God, then the returned-to-heaven Jesus had the God-given right to become king of God's kingdom government for a thousand years - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26
Resurrected heavenly Jesus will even conquer ' enemy death ' Isaiah 25:8

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Acts 2: 22:
  • "Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.“
Here is a verse stating categorically that Jesus is a man, a human Being.

It stares that the things Jesus did were done because GOD accredited him to do this.

God did the miracles through Jesus whom he accredited as the vessel / channel for those miracles.

God poured out HIS Holy Spirit on Jesus Christ as a visual accreditation. God also poured out that same Holy Spirit on his ‘servants’, too, at Pentecost:
  • “Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. (Acts 2:17)
  • “All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.”
This is presented here to emphasise the point that the Apostles were given powers, through their anointing, to do the same works that Jesus did... yet no one calls the apostles, ‘Gods.

Not only that but the first verse stares that it was ‘GOD’ who did it to the MAN, Jesus.

Yet trinity claims that Jesus was God. Which means, in its nonsensical reasoning, that Jesus was anointing himself.

On the realisation that the verse expressly states two different entities, Spirit God, and Human Jesus, trinity could not explain how Jesus, being already God in their minds, could be anointed by God whom he already was.

This led to the even more ridiculous claim of titles of: ‘God the Father; God the Son; God the Holy Spirit’. In this way they could then claim that it was God the Father......accrediting Jesus the Man.

This was found to be a wonderfully fantastical magic-bullet solution. A false solution... but all the same... no one could fault the wrongful logic and the heresy embodied in it. ‘Heresy’ because this new claim goes against the scriptures where no claim is made of any God but the only God: the Father (John 17:3). There is no indication nor supporting verse in any scriptures suggestion: God the Son, or God the Holy Spirit - again, only God the Father.. and more correctly:
  • “God, the Father” (note the separating comma!)
So, Back to David: David is the forefather, ascending of Jesus. David is human and God (which God... ha ha ha!!!) promised him that his (David’) throne would be an eternal throne. It would be occupied by a human ancestor.

• What purpose is served by ‘GOD’ occupying the CREATED throne of a human Being when ‘GOD’ occupies an UNCREATED Spirit throne that is immensely greater?

Why? Please answer ‘Why?’ If a trinitarian can answer me the bullet point just made then I will consider the trinity (now there’s temptation...!)

But more:
  • “Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
And:
  • “Acts 2:34 For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said, “ ‘The Lord said to my Lord:“Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.” ’
David, was under attack from his enemies, even his own son, Absolom. He prayed fervently to YHWH for relief... he prayed constantly for safety and victory over all his enemies (Saul, Philistines, his own children!! Himself!!!!)

God therefore spoke to him to assure him of the victory if David continued to believe in him (YHWH). God promised that he WOULD make David’s enemies as footstool for his feet.

Be it known that a tradition for a king at the defeat of his enemies was for the leaders to be brought before him and made to bend the knee and pose their back as ‘stools’ for the king’s feet. In addition, a defeated king throws off his crown and lays his head on the ground where the winning king puts his feet on his head. This shows absolute wretchedness in the defeated king... subservience and reverence to the conquering king.

YHWH (LORD) said unto ME (Lord), stay in my favour, and I will make your enemies, footstools for your feet!’

David is a prophet and a poet AND A KING. It is perfectly acceptable to call yourself in the third person: ‘my Lord’.