• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Understand The Gospel?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The 12 tribes of Numbers 1:20-42 do Not match the 12 tribes of Revelation.

Please notice Numbers 1:47-49 that the exempt tribe of Levi is Not listed.

What is the size, the dimensions, of the Holy City ? ______________

meghanwaterlillies

l
The Holy City descends literally, not metaphorically. There are constant references in both testaments to the blessed hope of dwelling with God. The issues for JW's and Mormons is that they spiritualize eminently clear, literal passages. The 144,000 of Revelation are persons from tribes of Israel. Do you believe the OT tribes of Israel were literal people or metaphorical people?

Thanks.
lol the old testament just mutated in my mind. Days of Noah..... That's probably why they are so obsessed with nephilim. Oh and the whore of Babylon make all crazy at once.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
l

lol the old testament just mutated in my mind. Days of Noah..... That's probably why they are so obsessed with nephilim. Oh and the whore of Babylon make all crazy at once.

I don't understand. It sounds like it "makes you crazy" when people have literal scriptures that make sense rather than metaphysical ideas to play with and waste time with. Respectfully, I disagree, and I'm glad to have clear direction from God.

meghanwaterlillies

l

lol the old testament just mutated in my mind. Days of Noah..... That's probably why they are so obsessed with nephilim.
I don't understand. It sounds like it "makes you crazy" when people have literal scriptures that make sense rather than metaphysical ideas to play with and waste time with. Respectfully, I disagree, and I'm glad to have clear direction from God.
no... what I meant was
Do you believe the OT tribes of Israel were literal people or metaphorical people?
And I laughed
Because and then I mention how it easily mutates..
Have you heard some of things people mutate themselves and mutate the future perspective.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Certainly they were and are a literal people. There are now several extensive genetic studies out detailing we Jewish people as a distinct tribal group/race.

The names of the tribes also form a beautiful picture of Jesus Christ. Reuben = Look! A Son!; Judah = Praise to God! and etc.