• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Understand The Gospel?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I have always been taught that he is my Heavenly Father. That helped me come to know him personally when I became a born again in 2000

Ben... rhymes with amen! And amen.

He IS the Heavenly Father. So we must seek to be justified by trust/faith and not by works--before the time of salvation and also after we have been born again. It's not of works for we are weak and we cannot, in God's providence, lose our salvation.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Ben... rhymes with amen! And amen.
He IS the Heavenly Father. So we must seek to be justified by trust/faith and not by works--before the time of salvation and also after we have been born again. It's not of works for we are weak and we cannot, in God's providence, lose our salvation.

Anyone can do the neighborly good Samaritan works, but Jesus did a ' spiritual work ' about God's kingdom - Luke 4:43
Jesus did works and his Father keeps working to according to John 5:17
God rested from his ' creative ' works, but did Not give up working on, for example, prayers.
Prayers are a spiritual work, as is spreading the gospel good news message of Matthew 24:14 in our day or time frame.

Who looses their salvation at Matthew 25:31-32 ?________
What does Matthew 24:13 say about loosing one's salvation ?
Didn't those of Hebrews 6:4-6 loose their salvation?

What would be the point of 2 Peter 3:9 saying repent or perish ( be destroyed ), if one could Not repent ?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Did this thread help you (everyone)? Do we have the gospel straight now?
See the OP if you're unsure.
Thanks!

Let's see: Gospel means good news. Jesus said to spread the good news (gospel ) about God's kingdom - Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8.
God's kingdom - Daniel 7:13-14; Daniel 2:44 - is God's heavenly government in the hands of Christ Jesus for a thousand years of governing over earth. Jesus, as King ( Ruler ) of God's theocratic kingdom government, and also as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill. Then, under Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over earth mankind on earth will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on earth for the healing of all of earth's nations.
- Revelation 22:2

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Anyone can do the neighborly good Samaritan works, but Jesus did a ' spiritual work ' about God's kingdom - Luke 4:43
Jesus did works and his Father keeps working to according to John 5:17
God rested from his ' creative ' works, but did Not give up working on, for example, prayers.
Prayers are a spiritual work, as is spreading the gospel good news message of Matthew 24:14 in our day or time frame.

Who looses their salvation at Matthew 25:31-32 ?________
What does Matthew 24:13 say about loosing one's salvation ?
Didn't those of Hebrews 6:4-6 loose their salvation?

What would be the point of 2 Peter 3:9 saying repent or perish ( be destroyed ), if one could Not repent ?

You may misunderstand assurance... I know the Bible further says:

"A man is justified by faith, not by works... you have died to the Law to be joined with Christ... apart from the law, sin is dead... what, shall we go on sinning that grace may increase?"

There has to be assurance for believers, otherwise the questions in Romans 6:1 and elsewhere make no sense.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Let's see: Gospel means good news. Jesus said to spread the good news (gospel ) about God's kingdom - Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8.
God's kingdom - Daniel 7:13-14; Daniel 2:44 - is God's heavenly government in the hands of Christ Jesus for a thousand years of governing over earth. Jesus, as King ( Ruler ) of God's theocratic kingdom government, and also as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill. Then, under Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over earth mankind on earth will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' on earth for the healing of all of earth's nations.
- Revelation 22:2

Yes, there is biblical good news about the millennial kingdom. This was a great hope of David, Abraham and the patriarchs. Is the good news of the millennial reign of Messiah the only good news in the Bible?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, there is biblical good news about the millennial kingdom. This was a great hope of David, Abraham and the patriarchs. Is the good news of the millennial reign of Messiah the only good news in the Bible?

The good news message of Matthew 24:14 is about the Bible's happy ending of Revelation 22:2 when mankind on earth will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for all of earth's nations.

Besides Jesus having earthly subjects from sea to sea - Psalms 72:8 - Jesus will have ' adopted spiritual brothers ' govern in heaven with him. They are the ones of Romans 8:14-17 who are called to heaven to be part of a first or earlier resurrection - Revelation 20:6
So, the combined ' good news message ' is that a ' little flock ' - Luke 12:32 - goes to heaven, while the majority of mankind of ' other sheep ' - John 10:16 - will inherit the earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:11; Psalms 37:29; Proverbs 2:21-22

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
The good news message of Matthew 24:14 is about the Bible's happy ending of Revelation 22:2 when mankind on earth will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for all of earth's nations.

Besides Jesus having earthly subjects from sea to sea - Psalms 72:8 - Jesus will have ' adopted spiritual brothers ' govern in heaven with him. They are the ones of Romans 8:14-17 who are called to heaven to be part of a first or earlier resurrection - Revelation 20:6
So, the combined ' good news message ' is that a ' little flock ' - Luke 12:32 - goes to heaven, while the majority of mankind of ' other sheep ' - John 10:16 - will inherit the earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:11; Psalms 37:29; Proverbs 2:21-22

Jesus's earthly subjects from sea to sea are during the millennium. You know that Revelation teaches, "there [will be] is no more sea".

No one has to "go to heaven" as the heavenly city will descend and touch Earth. "He shall dwell with them and they shall be His people."

I think you are a JW? The Bible never teaches a division of good saints and better saints, with only the better ones with God in Heaven.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus's earthly subjects from sea to sea are during the millennium. You know that Revelation teaches, "there [will be] is no more sea".
No one has to "go to heaven" as the heavenly city will descend and touch Earth. "He shall dwell with them and they shall be His people."
I think you are a JW? The Bible never teaches a division of good saints and better saints, with only the better ones with God in Heaven.

I never heard of a division of good saints or better saints. There is No Scripture teaching such an idea.
Perhaps if you google www.jw.org you can find the information about saints or holy ones.
Jesus said the saints or holy ones are granted the kingdom - Daniel 7:18; Luke 22:28-30
The majority of people will Not be in heaven with the saints or holy ones, but will live right here on planet earth forever.
The saints or holy ones are the ones who will have a first or earlier resurrection - Revelation 20:6; Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 2:10
What did Jesus promise people at Matthew 5:5? Isn't that in connection to Psalms 37:11; Psalms 37:29 ?

Yes, Jesus' earthly subjects will be during Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over earth. Notice ' sea to sea ' at Psalms 72:8.
Revelation is written in very-vivid word pictures. Which ' sea ' will be No more ? Isaiah 57:20 talks about the wicked are like the troubled ' sea'.... see also Isaiah 17:12 likening people to the noise of the sea. So, Not all in Scripture is literal. That is true of Revelation's very-vivid word pictures. The earth abides forever - Ecclesiastes 1:4 B - so the oceans will always be here but the restless sea of wicked mankind will Not. - Proverbs 2:21-22. Rivers will be here on earth too - Revelation 22:2 - besides the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for the healing of earth's nations.

In the meantime Jesus' earthly subjects are those who are part of the Christian congregation having Jesus as head. Ephesians 5:23 B

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I never heard of a division of good saints or better saints. There is No Scripture teaching such an idea.
Perhaps if you google www.jw.org you can find the information about saints or holy ones.
Jesus said the saints or holy ones are granted the kingdom - Daniel 7:18; Luke 22:28-30
The majority of people will Not be in heaven with the saints or holy ones, but will live right here on planet earth forever.
The saints or holy ones are the ones who will have a first or earlier resurrection - Revelation 20:6; Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 2:10
What did Jesus promise people at Matthew 5:5? Isn't that in connection to Psalms 37:11; Psalms 37:29 ?

Yes, Jesus' earthly subjects will be during Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over earth. Notice ' sea to sea ' at Psalms 72:8.
Revelation is written in very-vivid word pictures. Which ' sea ' will be No more ? Isaiah 57:20 talks about the wicked are like the troubled ' sea'.... see also Isaiah 17:12 likening people to the noise of the sea. So, Not all in Scripture is literal. That is true of Revelation's very-vivid word pictures. The earth abides forever - Ecclesiastes 1:4 B - so the oceans will always be here but the restless sea of wicked mankind will Not. - Proverbs 2:21-22. Rivers will be here on earth too - Revelation 22:2 - besides the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for the healing of earth's nations.

In the meantime Jesus' earthly subjects are those who are part of the Christian congregation having Jesus as head. Ephesians 5:23 B

The first resurrection is for the just, the second for the unjust. The first to Heaven, the second to final judgment.

No, not all in scripture is literal. But problems arise when we spiritualize literal statements. The 144,000 in Revelation 7 are descendants of Israel, not spiritual people.

Thank you.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The first resurrection is for the just, the second for the unjust. The first to Heaven, the second to final judgment.
No, not all in scripture is literal. But problems arise when we spiritualize literal statements. The 144,000 in Revelation 7 are descendants of Israel, not spiritual people.
Thank you.

Literal Israel ? Since Pentecost the Israel of God is Spiritual Israel - Galatians 6:16; Galatians 4:26; Romans 2:28-29
The list at Revelation 7:4-5; Revelation 7:6-8 diverges from the tribal listing at Numbers 1:17; Numbers 1:47
Spiritual Israel just has a similar organized structure that the abandoned natural Israel did - Matthew 23:38
The whole spiritual nation will now serve earthly mankind as a whole spiritual nation ruling as: kings and priests - Revelation 5:9-10
That spiritual nation - 1 Peter 2:9 - replaced natural Israel at Pentecost.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Literal Israel ? Since Pentecost the Israel of God is Spiritual Israel - Galatians 6:16; Galatians 4:26; Romans 2:28-29
The list at Revelation 7:4-5; Revelation 7:6-8 diverges from the tribal listing at Numbers 1:17; Numbers 1:47
Spiritual Israel just has a similar organized structure that the abandoned natural Israel did - Matthew 23:38
The whole spiritual nation will now serve earthly mankind as a whole spiritual nation ruling as: kings and priests - Revelation 5:9-10
That spiritual nation - 1 Peter 2:9 - replaced natural Israel at Pentecost.

No. This is called replacement theology and is a terrible error that causes some churches and cultic groups to deny modern Israel and "spiritualize" literal scriptures. Jesus said Gentiles will come to dine with Abraham and Jacob. Romans 2 talks specifically about Jews and says one must be one inwardly. Romans 2 does not say a Gentile can become a Jew inwardly, especially since Romans 3 says, "What advantage has the Jew? THEIRS are the oracles of God," and later in Romans, "the covenants, the temple service, the giving of the law..." Unless Gentiles were doing temple service before 70 AD, the Jews of Romans are racial, not spiritual. When you "spiritualize" literal statements in Romans elsewhere you can make the Bible say what you want. Fundamental, literal Bible study disallows this method.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
while the throne of the Father will always be in heaven, many believe Jesus is coming back to earth and will set up his kingdom on earth so he will sit on a throne on earth. repeating the problem one more time - the vast majority of people hope to go to heaven someday. you would think this belief would be clearly stated in the Bible but the Bible only hints at it. no verse uses the word heaven to describe a place where people go. seems like the belief in going to heaven came from some other source

Especially when the Jews began mixing with the Greeks they adopted their source theories and philosophies such as:
being more alive after death then before death - Ezekiel 18:4; Ezekiel 18:20 - when Scripture teaches only unconscious sleep in death.
- see Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; Daniel 12:2; Daniel 12:13; John 11:11-14

Only those who will govern with Jesus for a thousand years over earth will have a first or earlier resurrection to heaven.
- Revelation 20:6; Revelation 5:9-10 Revelation 2:10
Acts of the Apostles 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' in that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.......'
That future resurrection takes place, Not for those called to govern in heaven, but for those who will be brought back to life on earth.
So, the majority, or most of mankind, can have a physically healthy resurrection back to life on earth.
ALL who died before Jesus died - including King David - Acts of the Apostles 2:34 - will be brought back to healthy life on earth.
Faithful Job - Job 33:25 - looked forward to a future healthy physical resurrection on earth.
Whereas, the ' saints ' or holy ones who govern in heaven - Daniel 7:18 - to help provide good government over earth, those faithful men of old - Hebrews chapter 11 - and others can be appointed as ' princes ' on earth - Psalms 45:16; Isaiah 32:1; Ezekiel 34:24

Deidre

I had an experience when I wasn't following Christianity, a 'conviction' by the Holy Spirit, that led me back to faith. Not the Bible. The Gospels are clearer to me now from that and other experiences that have happened since then, and it's made all the difference in the world as to how I see the Gospels. I see them as a gift from God, and I don't really preoccupy my time with feeling shame and guilt, because Jesus died for us, and if anything, I look at the Gospels as the reason behind my gratitude, now. I didn't feel this nor have this kind of clarity when I was a Christian the first time around.

Gilberto Alicea

Just looking to help people understand God Kingdom
Premium Member
Are you going to Heaven?

Why?

Are you perfect?

No one’s perfect. We’ve got a problem, don’t we? For which there is only one solution.

Jesus Christ has done six vital things for us, took our sin, our guilt, our shame, received our punishment.

He died on the cross to pay for our sin and He rose from the dead forever.

There’s only one way that He tells us to go to Heaven, to place our trust in Christ, to trust in what He did: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish in Hell but have eternal life in Heaven."

Just like we trust a bus driver to take us without our effort to a destination, we trust in Christ, and know assuredly we are going to Heaven.

Would you like to place your trust in Christ right now? (If you were to talk to God, what would you say to Him?)

Here's how I have been taught to understand the gospel/good news of salvation from Jesus. Does this match your understanding? Why or why not?

At one point I did ,but later found out something that change my hole life Jesus spoke about the Kingdom of God he brought the kingdom of God back to earth Adam lost it and Jesus brought it back he took it back and any one who come to him will enter in and becomes a new citizen of the kingdom of haven . The kingdom of God is here you don't need to die to experience this.
Are you going to Heaven?

Why?

Are you perfect?

No one’s perfect. We’ve got a problem, don’t we? For which there is only one solution.

Jesus Christ has done six vital things for us, took our sin, our guilt, our shame, received our punishment.

He died on the cross to pay for our sin and He rose from the dead forever.

There’s only one way that He tells us to go to Heaven, to place our trust in Christ, to trust in what He did: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish in Hell but have eternal life in Heaven."

Just like we trust a bus driver to take us without our effort to a destination, we trust in Christ, and know assuredly we are going to Heaven.

Would you like to place your trust in Christ right now? (If you were to talk to God, what would you say to Him?)

Here's how I have been taught to understand the gospel/good news of salvation from Jesus. Does this match your understanding? Why or why not?

, if you read the Gasple all of them jesus keep telling them about the kingdom of God and I belive today that you become a citizen of the kingdom of God ones you reacive jesus and remain in him he is now your lord (owner)my hart rejoice every time

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I had an experience when I wasn't following Christianity, a 'conviction' by the Holy Spirit, that led me back to faith. Not the Bible. The Gospels are clearer to me now from that and other experiences that have happened since then, and it's made all the difference in the world as to how I see the Gospels. I see them as a gift from God, and I don't really preoccupy my time with feeling shame and guilt, because Jesus died for us, and if anything, I look at the Gospels as the reason behind my gratitude, now. I didn't feel this nor have this kind of clarity when I was a Christian the first time around.

That sounds good. It also sounds like the Spirit also brought you good news from the gospels. If it points to the Word, that's a great thing!

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
At one point I did ,but later found out something that change my hole life Jesus spoke about the Kingdom of God he brought the kingdom of God back to earth Adam lost it and Jesus brought it back he took it back and any one who come to him will enter in and becomes a new citizen of the kingdom of haven . The kingdom of God is here you don't need to die to experience this.

, if you read the Gasple all of them jesus keep telling them about the kingdom of God and I belive today that you become a citizen of the kingdom of God ones you reacive jesus and remain in him he is now your lord (owner)my hart rejoice every time

Romans says the Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in God's Spirit. Sounds like you are moving that way!

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Especially when the Jews began mixing with the Greeks they adopted their source theories and philosophies such as:
being more alive after death then before death - Ezekiel 18:4; Ezekiel 18:20 - when Scripture teaches only unconscious sleep in death.
- see Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; Daniel 12:2; Daniel 12:13; John 11:11-14

Only those who will govern with Jesus for a thousand years over earth will have a first or earlier resurrection to heaven.
- Revelation 20:6; Revelation 5:9-10 Revelation 2:10
Acts of the Apostles 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' in that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.......'
That future resurrection takes place, Not for those called to govern in heaven, but for those who will be brought back to life on earth.
So, the majority, or most of mankind, can have a physically healthy resurrection back to life on earth.
ALL who died before Jesus died - including King David - Acts of the Apostles 2:34 - will be brought back to healthy life on earth.
Faithful Job - Job 33:25 - looked forward to a future healthy physical resurrection on earth.
Whereas, the ' saints ' or holy ones who govern in heaven - Daniel 7:18 - to help provide good government over earth, those faithful men of old - Hebrews chapter 11 - and others can be appointed as ' princes ' on earth - Psalms 45:16; Isaiah 32:1; Ezekiel 34:24

It is a myth that the Jewish people allowed the Gentiles to corrupt holy scripture or their traditions. Recall how God's Word says NOT to mix with the traditions of the Gentiles. Also, scripture does not teach two rewards of Heaven for some and only Earth for some. It teaches that the Holy City will come down from Heaven so that God will DWELL AMONG MEN.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Jews were already mixing - Mark 7:3-5 - Jesus called those corrupted religious leaders as ' hypocrites ' - Mark 7:6-7.
Jesus gave his reasons for the many ' woes ' he pronounced against those hypocrites in Matthew chapter 23 and Matthew 15:9

Only those who have a first or earlier resurrection will govern with Jesus in heaven for 1,000 years - Revelation 20:6
The majority - Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39 - will see the fulfillment of God's promise to Abraham - Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18 that all families of earth will be blessed, and all nations of earth will be blessed. Blessed with the healing or curing of earth's nations during Jesus' coming 1,000 governmental rulership over earth - Revelation 22:2

The holy city New Jerusalem - Galatians 4:26 - comes down - Revelation 21:2; Revelation 3:12 - in the sense that God's kingdom ( thy kingdom come, Not thy heaven come ) but that God's will be done here on earth as it is in heaven. Jesus did Not teach to pray to take a person up to the kingdom but for the kingdom to come. Come and fulfill Daniel 7:13-14; Daniel 2:44 in that God's kingdom government will end up being the only kingdom or government left standing on earth. God will be with men - Revelation 21:3 - in that God will Not be against anyone because the wicked will have been destroyed forever.
- Psalms 92:7; Proverbs 2:21-22; Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:11; Revelation 19:15

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
The Jews were already mixing - Mark 7:3-5 - Jesus called those corrupted religious leaders as ' hypocrites ' - Mark 7:6-7.
Jesus gave his reasons for the many ' woes ' he pronounced against those hypocrites in Matthew chapter 23 and Matthew 15:9

Only those who have a first or earlier resurrection will govern with Jesus in heaven for 1,000 years - Revelation 20:6
The majority - Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39 - will see the fulfillment of God's promise to Abraham - Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18 that all families of earth will be blessed, and all nations of earth will be blessed. Blessed with the healing or curing of earth's nations during Jesus' coming 1,000 governmental rulership over earth - Revelation 22:2

The holy city New Jerusalem - Galatians 4:26 - comes down - Revelation 21:2; Revelation 3:12 - in the sense that God's kingdom ( thy kingdom come, Not thy heaven come ) but that God's will be done here on earth as it is in heaven. Jesus did Not teach to pray to take a person up to the kingdom but for the kingdom to come. Come and fulfill Daniel 7:13-14; Daniel 2:44 in that God's kingdom government will end up being the only kingdom or government left standing on earth. God will be with men - Revelation 21:3 - in that God will Not be against anyone because the wicked will have been destroyed forever.
- Psalms 92:7; Proverbs 2:21-22; Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:11; Revelation 19:15

The Holy City descends literally, not metaphorically. There are constant references in both testaments to the blessed hope of dwelling with God. The issues for JW's and Mormons is that they spiritualize eminently clear, literal passages. The 144,000 of Revelation are persons from tribes of Israel. Do you believe the OT tribes of Israel were literal people or metaphorical people?

Thanks.