• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you picture Jesus?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
The way I picture him I'm sure is not how he really looks. I picture him about 5'8", slender, shoulder length wavy brown hair. short beard. Sandals, ankle length robe, the color of the robe is sometimes tan, but other times I picture it tie-dyed with a big peace sign on the front with peace beads, like he's going to a 'Dead' concert.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I guess that is much the way I picture him (The traditional image). But, contrary to the teachings of Christianity I don't believe he has a corporeal body; there is no need for one, where he is.;)

FFH

Veteran Member
The most reverent and best depiction of Jesus that I have seen is here at www.Jesusfilm.org. I like how He is portrayed in this film, intitled "Jesus". It is a good 2 hour film, which can be watched on that site. I have watched it a lot. It is a condensed version of the original, which is 8 hours long, which was done in the original language of the day, with an English narrative. The title of this film is "The Gospel of Luke". It is a word for word narration of the Gospel of Luke.

My avatar is a still picture taken from this film.

The "Gospel of John" is another good film that was made last year. Excellent film.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
FFH said:
gosThe most reverent and best depiction of Jesus that I have seen is here at www.Jesusfilm.org. I like how He is portrayed in this film. It is a good 2 hour film, which can be watched on that site. I have watched it a lot. It is a condensed version of the Gospel of Luke. It is a condensed version of the original, which is 8 hours long, which was done in the original language of the day, with an English narrative. The title of the film is "The Gospel of Luke".

My avatar is a still picture taken from this film.

The "Gospel of John" is another good film that was made last year. Excellent film.
I'll have to check that out. When I imagine Jesus, I also imagine him looking similar to your Avatar.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I guess i picture him like he's depicted in the Passion movie. Even though i know he looked nothing like that.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
im not sure, because everytime i try to think what he could look like, i think of how he coudl be different to hwo i see him

but my general image of him is this:

tall
slim
dressed in beautiful white tunic, but with a dark travelling cloak
long curly brown hair (i think he had a perm) - im not sure how long i imagine it to be, but he lets it flow in the wind (yes, i imagine wind in heaven)
brown sandels
a big stick

Bishka

Veteran Member
I picture Him like a picture I've seen. It's His upper torso, and He is wearing a red robe. Has a somber face, but has a slight smile to it. :)

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
I picture Him exactly as He is pictured in icons. I guess Christ Pantocrator is how I picture Him most. I see no reason to picture Him any differently than that as that is how He has been painted since very early in Church history. Obviously nobody knows for certain how He looked (and it doesn't really matter) but for me, this is Him:

IIHR-16.jpg

James

A

angellous_evangellous

image595169x.jpg

This image is pretty appropriate. After seeing "the movie," I picture Jesus a lot like this... it's appropriate because it is difficult for all of us to keep from telling Jesus who he should be instead of just letting him be who he is.

EDIT: More cool Passion pics
passion.gif

PassionMovie.jpg

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I picture Jesus in all sorts of different ways. As he appears in famous icons, as he appears in that famous brown painting, where he's kind-of turned to the side, as he appears in statuary. I don't have a specific picture in my head.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I don't suppose it is an accurate "guestimate" of what jesus looked liked when he was on Earth, but I like this picture:-

Christ.jpg

Aqualung

Tasty
This is the "mormon Jesus" who, coincidentally, I had on my wall when I was very little. It was very strange when I found out that it was pretty much exclusively the mormon jesus, but it's still how I think of him.

jesus.jpg

Sometimes I also imagine this:

nephites.jpg

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I perceive Christ as a being of light, like that of our sun. Physical details mean little.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
When I see John Lennon, I see Jesus. They had alot of the same morals. Love everyone and peace to the world.