• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do we know Judaism?

Tumah

Veteran Member
2 answers -- one, I think, is in the use of a food processor to get a smoother consistency, the other is in the use of the English word "pudding" for "kugel" in many recipes.
Oh I didn't realize it had two meanings.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I really like potato kugel but am not fond of noodle kugel. Since my wife is the opposite, guess how often we make either?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What's the proof for Judaism?
Proof that we know it exists?
Proof that we know it is true?
Proof that we know it is false?
Proof that we know its the best religion in the world?
Proof that we know its the worst religion in the world?

Youre missing an adjective. What type of proof?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Have you ever tried Yapchik?

And this is blasphemy.
Seems absolutely dreadful. First of all, I'm not much of a meat-eater, and beef I really don't like much at all. Secondly, ground beef is even lower on my list. I rarely crave meat, but I do like lamb once in a while. OTOH, I do like fish a lot, matter of fact we're having talapia this evening for Shabbos dinner.

BTW, Shabbat shalom.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Blasphemy? Only that there was no picture. As the rambam says, (I'll paraphrase): "Sounds yummy, I'll pass."
What do you mean?!?! Its basar b'chalav potato kugel. How can you make potato kugel not kosher? It doesn't make any sense. Its potatoes and its kugel. There's nothing not kosher there!!

rosends

What do you mean?!?! Its basar b'chalav potato kugel. How can you make potato kugel not kosher? It doesn't make any sense. Its potatoes and its kugel. There's nothing not kosher there!!
I can admit a ta'avah for how the other half lives.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Blasphemy? Only that there was no picture. As the rambam says, (I'll paraphrase): "Sounds yummy, I'll pass."

תאות צדיקים אך טוב

I'm reminded of a party I promised to attend. The hostess grabbed me by the arm when I came in and in a conspiratorial whisper said "I know you don't eat pork, so please feel free to have seconds on the lobster." It was a very long evening.

Akivah

תאות צדיקים אך טוב

I'm reminded of a party I promised to attend. The hostess grabbed me by the arm when I came in and in a conspiratorial whisper said "I know you don't eat pork, so please feel free to have seconds on the lobster." It was a very long evening.
:rolleyes: ROFL

Tumah

Veteran Member
תאות צדיקים אך טוב

That's hilarious.