• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do I know the Bible is true?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If people do not believe in God, where does that leave people to stand ?
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking here.
For a person to pray, they have to pray in faith in believing in God, that will answer prayers in Accordance to his will.

Therefore that leaves you out, Why you might ask.
Because you already confess, When you said and quote " Am I safe to conclude that this particular God Probably doesn't exist"

Therefore you do not believe in God. If you did you would not made such a statement.
Therefore it wouldn't do you much good to pray, if you do not believe in God.
So then, so in order to find God, one has to already believe in him in the first place? How does that make sense?

I mean, somebody else just told me that, "You need to pray to God for your own understanding and He will guide you."

If people do not believe in God, where does that leave people to stand ?
I'm sorry, I don't know what you're asking me here.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You're mixing truth and understanding. The Jews didn't recognize Jesus. And he WAS the the truth.

When that which is perfect comes, that which is in part is done away.

The OT is in part, and done away with, as we follow perfect.

(of course unless you follow the catholic church fathers)

I believe that is out of context Jesus had already come once but this is a prediction of a future coming.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I have been saying this forever.
The Bible was written in the language of the soul.
It is not to be interpreted in the manner in which Christians say it is to be interpreted.
When the Bible is read it is to be interpreted as if it is speaking to us as individuals.
Telling someone else how it is to be understood is like telling someone how to live their life.
The key of knowledge is to turn everything in on ourselves.
We learn who we are through every experience and every circumstance.

I believe you are in error. The Bible is best understood with the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Faithofchristian

The Holy Spirit was given to man by Jesus after he resurrected. Why do you go back to a time before man had it? (OT).

Because in the old testament, many people had the Spirit of God to come upon them.
Joseph of old testament in
Genesis 41:38-39. Had the Spirit of God.
The book of Numbers 24:2.
The book of Judges 6:34.
The book of 1st Samuel 16:13, And the Spirit of the Lord came upon David.

So how is it you say, that the Spirit of God didn't come upon people in the old testament?
All throughout the old testament we can find the Spirit of God came upon many people.

Phantasman

Because in the old testament, many people had the Spirit of God to come upon them.
Joseph of old testament in
Genesis 41:38-39. Had the Spirit of God.
The book of Numbers 24:2.
The book of Judges 6:34.
The book of 1st Samuel 16:13, And the Spirit of the Lord came upon David.

So how is it you say, that the Spirit of God didn't come upon people in the old testament?
All throughout the old testament we can find the Spirit of God came upon many people.
Do you see Jesus in the OT? The Jews said that God was their father.

John:
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

John:
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Matthew:
And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

Mark out of context:
The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

It is clear to me to teach Christ. For neither Christ nor Gospel appears in the OT. Jesus said that the Jews died without it.

John:
This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Only the Gospel that Christ taught can save man.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You do not know that.

Only the gospel that Christ (Jesus) taught can save a man who believes in Christ Jesus. < this one is true.
I think that what you have said is very likely false.

Faithofchristian

Do you see Jesus in the OT? The Jews said that God was their father.

John:
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

John:
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Matthew:
And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

Mark out of context:
The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

It is clear to me to teach Christ. For neither Christ nor Gospel appears in the OT. Jesus said that the Jews died without it.

John:
This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Only the Gospel that Christ taught can save man.

In seeing you have no understanding or knowledge of the old testament.

In Isaiah 7:14 --"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a Son, and shall call his name Im-man-u-el"

Matthew 1:23 --"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a Son, and they shall call his name Em-man- uel, Which being interpreted is, God with us"

John 8:56-57 --"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad, Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and you have seen Abraham"

Genesis 18:1-6 --"And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mam-re: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day.

Verse 6--"And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth"

Therefore Christ is very much spoken about in the old testament.

The old testament confirm's that Christ would come. And the new testament confirm's that Christ did in deed come.