• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do I know the Bible is true?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
How do I know that all of the Bible is inspired by God?

I've seen so many people come to opposite conclusions, but all of them claim to follow the same book.

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
Certainly, men claim that the book was written by men who were divinely inspired by god, but that's just a claim with zero evidence to support it.

Therefore, I prefer to think of the book as simply the work of fiction it is.

Magus

There Are 129,864,880 Books in the Entire World.

Here is a random book, What if this was true and inspired by God? should we worship the Banana?

Did not the Banana split for our Sins?
966dc6c7e8e6ebd69782cd0a019b0089-w204@1x.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You can't intellectually know if something is ultimately true or not. But I take as true any passages that evoke love, kindness, compassion, understanding and peace. I reject any that don't.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You can't intellectually know if something is ultimately true or not. But I take as true any passages that evoke love, kindness, compassion, understanding and peace. I reject any that don't.
That's precisely my Approach... I also reject anything that goes against my conscience, while at the same time praying that God would adjust my conscience to be more like his

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I've seen so many people come to opposite conclusions, but all of them claim to follow the same book.
There's a problem when a written book by clearly unknown authors, is for one reason or another alleged to be true, but clearly doesn't reflect it's narratives in any real substantial way.

How then could anybody ever come to a sensible conclusion, much less substantiate that it's an inspired book by or through a god whatsoever, if they don't even know the names of the very people who wrote it?

This fella whom I do not know, or had ever seen, was definitely inspired by God. So that shows and proves that the Bible is and inspired work of God.....

uh, ok...

David1967

Premium Member
You mean actually 'know' short of God making a personal appearance and saying "I wrote or inspired this one", or dying and meeting Him. You can't. That Is why the religions are called faiths. I personally believe in God. Can I prove He is real? No. But I believe He is.

Faithofchristian

How do you know that all of the q'uran is inspired by Allah.

Knowing that Muhammad could not read or write, but had his wife read and write for him.

How do you not know if muhammad's wife put things in the q'uran since Muhammad could not read or write.

It's also Written in the Q'uran to lie and deceive the infidels to get the upper hand.
According to the Q'uran Christians and Jews and anyone else who does convert to Islam are considered infidels and are to be killed, during the month of jihada, which is the month of June.

So how do you not know if your not being lied to and deceived by Muslim yourself, since Q'uran promotes lieing and deceiving.

Muslims have had many years to get good at deceving people.
This is just one of many reasons why I can not trust no Muslims, they are taught from a very young age to lie and deceiving, from their q'uran.

So how is anyone to trust Muslims knowing their q'uran promotes lieing and deceiving.

You said that when you bow, you bow towards Mecca, which you bow to the Kaaba which in the East corner which has a meteorite Stone.

Which Muhammad took from the Temple of the Goddess Diana which fell from heaven.

Muhammad is said to have walk around the Kaaba 7 times then after the 7th time around Muhammad then kiss the rock, Which Muhammad calls the God that takes away all sins and gives Salvation to all who kiss's the rock ( meteorite which fell from heaven )

Muhammad took the city of Mecca back in
632 a.d. But kept the rock ( meteorite) of goddess Diana to worship and place this rock
( Meteorite) in the East corner of the Kaaba.

Which is still there to this very day and all Muslims makes the pilgrimage to Mecca to the Kaaba to walk around 7 times and after the 7th time to stop and kiss this rock, which Muslims claim to be their God that takes away all sins and gives Salvation to all that kisses this
rock ( Meteorite ) stone.

Therefore when you bow down to the East towards Mecca your bowing down to the Kaaba which in the East corner a rock
( Meteorite stone ) which fell from heaven.

Muslims also claim the Crescent moon and star as being the banner of their god,allah.

Which this crescent moon and star is seen above the goddess Diana and many statues in Egypt.
If you haven't notice in the middle of those statues Crescent moon there is a Serpent, which Represents the Serpent Satan.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
are doing well that way.

Imagine if you will that the whole universe is inspired by God. If it is, then all the Bible is too.
But, inspired by God does not mean that God had all the words written. To me, it means that by reading it I developed a desire to know what the writers knew. God is my shepherd. God leads me to know. Why do I want to be led by God? Because of the Bible. Instead of believing the Bible is all inspired, think of it as a helper to lead you to know inspiration. I actually think you @PopeADope are doing well that way.

DavidFirth

You need to pray to God for your own understanding and He will guide you.

Many times we don't get what we need because we don't ask God for it in faith. Ask God and bring all of your problems to Him, He is your heavenly Father and He wants to help you because He loves you enough to have sent His only Son to die for you.

In my life I have had times of great need. God provided exactly what I needed each and every time. Just simply ask Him and believe that He is able to provide what you need. God counts your faith as righteousness, just as he did with Abraham.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think it is impossible to know the answer to that, so let me suggest another tact. Treat each narrative, not in terms of "did this really happen?" but more in terms of "what is this teaching me that I can maybe use?".