• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do I know the Bible is true?

Faithofchristian

Oh, I don't know. LOL If I was a slave (I thank Heaven that I am not!) I would be working for no pay and I would better too.

I didn't mean that part to be posted, I meant to delete it off.

Look what I meant was. Would you work for a person believing they will not pay you for your work.
Then why would God answer a person prayer if that person does not believe in God ? They all already confess they do not believe in God. Then why would God,
that you don't believe in answer your prayer?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didn't mean that part to be posted, I meant to delete it off.

Look what I meant was. Would you work for a person believing they will not pay you for your work.
Then why would God answer a person prayer if that person does not believe in God ? They all already confess they do not believe in God. Then why would God,
that you don't believe in answer your prayer?
I don't think that God is like that.
I think that there have been human children who disown their parents but the parents do not reciprocate.
Believing in God to answer prayers is agreeing to live by the answer. That is why God answers prayers of a believer but sometimes appears not to answer a non-believer.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And how each narrative relates to the whole? It is in its wholeness that the Bible is truth.
Certainly one should look at the entire "forest" and not just the "trees".

'The Historical Truth of the Gospels' is stated;
'without error that truth which God wanted put into the sacred writings for the sake of our salvation" (Dei Verbum 11). What is important is the qualification of "that truth" with "for the sake of our salvation." The Bible is not without error.
I do not accept that as far as where I'm coming from, but I know that's the teaching of the church. To me, any and all scriptures are written by subjective authors, not objectively-minded historians. Also, if you haven't seen my faith statement at the bottom of my posts, you might consider looking at it now.

OOPS, I just realize that I misread the final sentence above, so I fully agree with you on that.

Phantasman

Look over in Israel you have the good fig tree and the bad fig tree. Now who's, Who ?

Do you understand the Parable of the fig tree ?
Why do you suppose, Christ Jesus said in
Mark 13:28 --"Now learn a Parable of the fig tree"
Notice Christ Jesus said ( Now Learn a Parable of the Fig Tree )

So what is this Parable of the Fig Tree ?

Where do you go to trace down the Start of the Parable of the Fig Tree ?

So where does the Parable of the Fig Tree start?

So if trace down the Parable of the Fig Tree, You will also find there are the Good Fig Tree.
And the bad Fig Tree.

So the question still remains , Who's, Who

Who's the good fig tree in Israel, and Who's the bad fig tree in Israel ?

Jesus was telling the Jews that the revolt was coming (of 66ce).

Mark 13:

22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Jesus said that that generation would not pass until what he said was fulfilled. That's truth because it happened 34 years later (because of the Zealots). He couldn't be talking of some rapture, because that generation has long passed. The orthodox catholic ideology is lying, and will not explain it as Jesus meant it.

Here are the details:
The Great Revolt (66 - 70 CE)

Faithofchristian

I don't think that God is like that.
I think that there have been human children who disown their parents but the parents do not reciprocate.
Believing in God to answer prayers is agreeing to live by the answer. That is why God answers prayers of a believer but sometimes appears not to answer a non-believer.

Let's look at John 3:16 --"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, That whosoever believe's in him"

Notice the word ( whosoever ) This means anyone and everyone.

Therefore Anyone and Everyone who believes in Christ Jesus.

So where does this leave the Unbelievers?
They don't believe in Christ Jesus or God.

Therefore those who believe in God.
God Answers their prayers.
But as for the Unbelievers, Why would God answer their prayers when don't have the faith or believe in God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Let's look at John 3:16 --"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, That whosoever believe's in him"

Notice the word ( whosoever ) This means anyone and everyone.

Therefore Anyone and Everyone who believes in Christ Jesus.

So where does this leave the Unbelievers?
They don't believe in Christ Jesus or God.

Therefore those who believe in God.
God Answers their prayers.
But as for the Unbelievers, Why would God answer their prayers when don't have the faith or believe in God.
Did Noah, Abraham, Sarah, David, Isaiah, Daniel et cetera believe in Jesus Christ and can you prove it?

Faithofchristian

Did Noah, Abraham, Sarah, David, Isaiah, Daniel et cetera believe in Jesus Christ and can you prove it?

You already prove yourself, that you do not believe in God nor the word of God.
If you did believe in God and God's word, you would not be asking such a question.

So it would be useless for me to try and prove anything with you.

Had you any idea about God and his word
You would know that, Noah, Abraham,Sarah, David, Daniel, Isaiah and Ect--------------. All believed in Christ Jesus.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you did believe in God, you would not ask such a question.

You would know that, Noah, Abraham,Sarah, David, Daniel, Isaiah and Ect--------------. All believed in Christ Jesus.
Interesting. Of course, you might be right. Are you saying that I might not believe in God? Do you say so because I do not know if I am righteous about God?
If Jesus Christ is the will of God, then, of course, they believed in him! But, they did not know him.

pearl

To me, any and all scriptures are written by subjective authors, not objectively-minded historians.

This is true, historical accuracy was certainly not the authors' concern, it was never intended to be. When you dismiss the narrative, the expression of faith, one is left with the 'confession of faith' which is "for the sake of our salvation".

Also, if you haven't seen my faith statement at the bottom of my posts, you might consider looking at it now.

I quoted your faith statement in an earlier post to you and you warned me against copyright;).

Whatever caused this universe is incomprehensible Mystery we have named God.

Faithofchristian

Interesting. Of course, you might be right. Are you saying that I might not believe in God? Do you say so because I do not know if I am righteous about God?
If Jesus Christ is the will of God, then, of course, they believed in him! But, they did not know him.

How is it possible to believe in Christ Jesus, But yet not know him?

Of course they all knew Christ Jesus, even Abraham saw Jesus coming to him, as Abraham stood in the door of his tent.

They all knew Christ Jesus was the Promise One of God, When they all said, my Lord, as to who do you think they were talking to, To say ( Lord ) they were referring to Christ Jesus has Lord.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How is it possible to believe in Christ Jesus, But yet not know him?

Of course they all knew Christ Jesus, even Abraham saw Jesus coming to him, as Abraham stood in the door of his tent.

They all knew Christ Jesus was the Promise One of God, When they all said, my Lord, as to who do you think they were talking to, To say ( Lord ) they were referring to Christ Jesus has Lord.
Jesus is a Man. Just ask his mother.

metis

That's for your reply, but I'm not too sure what you meant by this:
When you dismiss the narrative, the expression of faith, one is left with the 'confession of faith' which is "for the sake of our salvation".
So, maybe you can explain?

Anyhow, take care, my friend.

pearl

That's for your reply, but I'm not too sure what you meant by this: So, maybe you can explain?QUOTE]

The narrative is the story, the vehicle, through which the author has conveyed, handed on his belief for future generations. The confession of faith is the core of Christian belief, what is to be believed; that Christ was crucified, died, and God raised him from death for our salvation.

metis

The narrative is the story, the vehicle, through which the author has conveyed, handed on his belief for future generations. The confession of faith is the core of Christian belief, what is to be believed; that Christ was crucified, died, and God raised him from death for our salvation.
Thanks, and I do concur that this is the more proper stance of the church. Well said, imo.

Faithofchristian

How do you know the bible is true?

That's up to each person what they want to believe what is true or not true.

Just because some people believe the bible to be true.
Does not mean another will believe the bible to be true.

Just because I like the color red, does not mean another person will like the color red.

Your not in this world to live up to anyone else's standards nor am I in this world to live up to anyone's else's standards.

You owe nothing to no one, but to yourself.

Therefore if you do not believe the bible to be true or if you do believe the bible to be true, That's up to you what is true and not true.

Phantasman

If you did believe in God and God's word, you would not be asking such a question.

The point is, what IS the word of God. You believe it is the Bible that the catholics created and followed. Marcion created a Bible before that. The catholics killed those of Marcion AND Valentinus to excel their Bible over their opponents. What belief gave the catholics the right to murder in the name of God? The OT. The same god Jesus said the Jews were following.

John:
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

The Gospel is the word from the true God, spoken by his son. The OT isn't, unless you follow the catholic ideology, which fruits are obvious. The church (today) is a creation of the flesh, for the flesh. The word of God is spirit.

John 6:
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus spoke the word of (the true) God which is Gospel. A Christian seeks the Chrism that made Jesus the Christ. The OT never had it and the catholics confused it by trying to add the flesh to it (for their own purpose).

The word of God (gospel) is a seed. Nothing more. What you use to make it grow, is more important than the seed itself. It defines the fruits it produces. This was the reason we were given the Holy Spirit. Something the OT didn't have as well, and those people died.

Faithofchristian

The point is, what IS the word of God. You believe it is the Bible that the catholics created and followed. Marcion created a Bible before that. The catholics killed those of Marcion AND Valentinus to excel their Bible over their opponents. What belief gave the catholics the right to murder in the name of God? The OT. The same god Jesus said the Jews were following.

John:
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

The Gospel is the word from the true God, spoken by his son. The OT isn't, unless you follow the catholic ideology, which fruits are obvious. The church (today) is a creation of the flesh, for the flesh. The word of God is spirit.

John 6:
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus spoke the word of (the true) God which is Gospel. A Christian seeks the Chrism that made Jesus the Christ. The OT never had it and the catholics confused it by trying to add the flesh to it (for their own purpose).

The word of God (gospel) is a seed. Nothing more. What you use to make it grow, is more important than the seed itself. It defines the fruits it produces. This was the reason we were given the Holy Spirit. Something the OT didn't have as well, and those people died.

First of all why would the Roman Catholic Church need to make the bible.

When in fact the bible didn't come around to be called the bible until around the 1500 hundreds.

What the Roman Catholic Church did have was the scriptures, of the Greek and Hebrew. So why would the Roman Catholic Church need to make scriptures ( bible ) which the Roman Catholic Church already had.

That of John where Jesus, saying, Ye are of your father the devil.

By all means please do tell, which Jews was Jesus speaking too?
You take just because someone professes to be Jew that it automatically makes them a Jew, unto which it does not.

In the Gospel's there are two Jews that are being spoken of, Now who's, is who ?

metis

When in fact the bible didn't come around to be called the bible until around the 1500 hundreds.
Maybe you should read this: Bible - Wikipedia

Also, the canon of the Bible was selected by the Catholic Church during the 4th and 5th centuries.

What the Roman Catholic Church did have was the scriptures, of the Greek and Hebrew. So why would the Roman Catholic Church need to make scriptures ( bible ) which the Roman Catholic Church already had.
It was not the "Roman Catholic Church" back then but just the "Catholic Church", and they did not "make" the scriptures but chose the canon.

Phantasman

First of all why would the Roman Catholic Church need to make the bible.

That of John where Jesus, saying, Ye are of your father the devil.

By all means please do tell, which Jews was Jesus speaking too?
You take just because someone professes to be Jew that it automatically makes them a Jew, unto which it does not.

In the Gospel's there are two Jews that are being spoken of, Now who's, is who ?

Catholics created the Bible while Constantine was alive. He himself commissioned fifty to be scribed.

Fifty Bibles of Constantine - Wikipedia

I have no idea where you get 1500 from. The Codex Vaticanus (google it) is from the 4th century. Just a bit earlier than the Codex Vaticanus that the catholics used. There was no Catholic ideology until 381AD at the First Council of Constantinople. It is why I use the words catholic (small c) for the emerging all in one religion and Catholic (capital C) for the church of Rome.

As far as Jews, the answer you seek is spoken in the gospel.

The verse where Jesus said that they had been following the devil, starts:

John 8:31:
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Jesus was telling them to drop what they had been following to follow him. Even though they said they believed, they wouldn't leave Abrahamic beliefs to become Christian. By the end of the chapter, the "believing" Jews were ready to stone Jesus. John's Chapter 8 is one of the most important revelations of why the OT needs to be discarded. Read it and reread it, and you will see.

Last edited: