• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how did man appear on earth

Heartfelt

Biblical creation in 7 days, the earth is only 20,000 years old :rolleyes: lol

the origin of the earth is probably the only missing link. The Big Bang cannot yet be explained, everything else can.
I dismiss biblical theories because of the age they estimate the earth as and the whole God did this and God did that rubbish. We're too beautiful to have been created by a God.
The theory of evolution does not make complete sense, but it does make some. Thats opposed to creation which well, theres a bit too much wishful thinking.

We weren't created by just ANY God..but by the true living God. I don't see anything as wishful in thinking in the religious beliefs I have. God DID create what we call planet Earth as well as the whole universe...and the reason this bothers you is why? If God can (which He did) create Man in this case Adam...what seems so far fetched to you that He couldn't have possibly created the earth to sustain us without having to let it 'grow' for a little bit...It's really not all that far fetched...but you as well as I are entitled to your beliefs and feelings on the issue.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Are you a scientist, or to be more precise, a biologist? Yeah, didn't think so. To dismiss an insurmountable mountain of evidence merely because it conflicts with some silly little book is intellectually dishonest.

ranjana

when I have nothing in one hand and look at it it still says 'NOTHING'...

then i think you misunderstand what 'nothing' really is. because you surely are not holding it in your hand.

i never understood how creationism and evolution were mutually exclusive... maybe god set it all off with the big bang, and evolution took it from there. i dont think it means God is just sitting up in heaven, unemployed and bored to tears, because of evolution.

Draka

Wonder Woman
We weren't created by just ANY God..but by the true living God. I don't see anything as wishful in thinking in the religious beliefs I have. God DID create what we call planet Earth as well as the whole universe...and the reason this bothers you is why? If God can (which He did) create Man in this case Adam...what seems so far fetched to you that He couldn't have possibly created the earth to sustain us without having to let it 'grow' for a little bit...It's really not all that far fetched...but you as well as I are entitled to your beliefs and feelings on the issue.

The difference is, his "beliefs" are based on verifiable fact, while yours are based on mythology and allegories. Now, there's nothing wrong with having faith based on mythology and allegories, but there is when that "faith" is in adament denial of reality. there is nothing wrong with taking Genesis as allegory...nothing at all. It still retains meaning even if not taken as literal fact.

Too many people try to take their mythology and interpret it as literal historical fact...and in the process look absurd and only deny themselves the education that facing reality brings.

Heartfelt

Are you a scientist, or to be more precise, a biologist? Yeah, didn't think so. To dismiss an insurmountable mountain of evidence merely because it conflicts with some silly little book is intellectually dishonest.

I don't just merely dismiss anything ever...so please don't feel I do...tell me what your evidence IS and I'll try to explain it from a Biblical perspective if I can...I will never claim to have all the answers to anything...but you sounded so cruel in your sarcasim...why?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't just merely dismiss anything ever...so please don't feel I do...tell me what your evidence IS and I'll try to explain it from a Biblical perspective if I can...I will never claim to have all the answers to anything...but you sounded so cruel in your sarcasim...why?

I'm just a big meanie. Don't take it personally.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I am a Christian who accepts the creation story as described in Genesis, however, it's believable to me that science was a very important part of God's creative processes.

Islam goes hand in hand with science and it rejects only crasy theories such as evolution.
It obviously does not go hand in hand with science if it rejects evolution. It is not the answer, no-one knows what the answer is, but it is very likely, and it makes sense. More sense than everyone on earth being in-bred because of two people, Adam and Eve. That is a silly idea. There were many places on earth that could support simple life.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
Nothing is personal here at RF.
However, All posts should act as stimuli's for awakening.
The question to my mind is * Don't judge, be open, could there be some truth in it?*
Once again this is an individual journey to Nirvana.
All religions are ways.
There are many ways, all of them take to the same destination.
Truth /nirvana is reached only individually never as a group like death, each die on his own. Truth can be reached either by questioning and opening the mind layer by layer or through meditation. The former takes natural progression or evolutionary path whereas the latter makes it revolutionary and takes one there directly.
Truth is not what someone has written or said.
Truth is what you as an individual reach to.

On the whole must say once again that majority of Christians now accept the possibilities of evolution but do take the story of Adam & Eve as mythical but what about the followers of islam? where did we lose them?
Love & rgds

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
there is nothing wrong with taking Genesis as allegory...nothing at all. It still retains meaning even if not taken as literal fact.
Yes, but it is so much more than that. When we consider the story in a non-literal way the meaning is not just retained, but expanded in incredibly profound ways. It becomes a story of how an ancient people came to understand themselves and their relationship with the universe around them. It is a profound statement of how they viewed themselves and their “God” and the complex relationship they had with each other and with reality of life they found themselves in. It is a amazingly beautiful, profound and revolutionary story.

Unless you take it literally. If you take it literally then it is just something that happened – or didn’t.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Luminous,

What is to stop one from not taking the whole thing allegorically. all of religion.

Surely, one is free by nature, to choose and do what he wishes!

Love & rgds

S-word

It obviously does not go hand in hand with science if it rejects evolution. It is not the answer, no-one knows what the answer is, but it is very likely, and it makes sense. More sense than everyone on earth being in-bred because of two people, Adam and Eve. That is a silly idea. There were many places on earth that could support simple life.

Science would have you believe that the universal body began as an invisible singularity that burst into light and life and developed into a living breating body in which there developed a supreme intellect able to comprehend the invisible mind that is He, but they say that there is no God. And yet they believe that their bodies which have taken, not one cycle of universal activity to come into being, but have evolved over many periods of universal activity in this eternal Cosmos with its eternal oscillating living universal cells that are forever disappearing and reappearing, changing from being to nonbeing then back to being again, and yet they have the hide to call that body in which they, the supreme personality that has developed in that body, ME, I, Myself

The christian church in the main, would have you believe that there is an invisible mind that was always all knowing and all wise , never having had to gain all that wisdom, knowledge and insight from experience, it simply always was.

This can only be possible if that mind maintains its position in space time at the very beginning and all that it becomes descends and is gathered into that dimensionless point which is the beginning, which would mean that the invisible singularity at the beginning, is the invisible and divine reality of the universe; from which all things originate and yet the end result of all that is at any given point in time, or the compilation of all things in all time. But, the greater majority of Christians still see God as separate from the universe that he creates, rather than seeing him as the divine animating principle that pervades all that is, which eternal Cosmos is in fact, only the physical representartion of the ever growing invisible mind of God, and mankind who is the reflection of the heights to which the mind that is God has attained, is not the end of the growth of that mind.

I longed to hear someone express the words I couldn't speak
Reveal to me the mysteries of life which all men seek
So I saught the men of science who claim God's body has no mind
O! They say the universe is living, but will die one day in time.
So then the men of piousness, with them I sat me down
But they say God has no body those men in flowing gowns.
Then finally in silent dream, Just me and 'Who I Am'
We floated on life's living stream with a pen held in my hand.
Twas then--that the veil began to tear in this temple that is me
And there, within God's sanctuary, I saw the one that I will be.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

Not every answer to what and why is in the Bible, you know. Sometimes, you need to think outside of the box.

And we don't have all the evidence here, as we aren't scientists with the tools and evidence handy. You'll have to look for the evidence yourself. Don't take anyone's word for it, not even scientists'; there have been plenty of scientific hoaxes in the past, one of them concerning this very topic: a fake human ancestor that was claimed to be the so-called "missing link". (this was over 100 years ago)