• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can this world be a better world?

Is humanity in the right path?

• Yes, humanity is fairly on the right path, and doesn't need significant changes as described in OP

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • There is no wrong or right path. I just need to mind my own happiness, get the things i want

• No, humanity is generally got it all wrong. There is alot needed to improve this world

• I know, i am on the right path. But majority are not. I wish they become like me.

• Other. Please explain.

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

F1fan

Veteran Member
Having the right theory is not sufficient. You need a implementer and a ruler from God. Theory and practice often contradict. People say they believe in x value but then do the opposite.

If people support the leader from God of the time and submit to his authority, everything will be well.
Religions had their chance for thousands of years. Secular governments are vastly superior. Look at the conflict between Hamas and Israel, that is what happens with religion taken too far.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you think, this world that we live in, with all its conditions is How it should be, or it requires a significant change in the culture, beliefs, laws and standards?

To make it clear, this is both in terms of the way the world and countries are lead by their leaders and politicians and Laws, as well as, the cultures, values and standards that defines what is right, and what is wrong in societies.

Kindly, do not give an answer which is politically right. Express how you really feel and believe.
I voted other.
I do not have the arrogance to judge the rightness or wrongness path of entire humanity (7 billion living conscious beings and their innumerable past and future generations). I can only maybe identify potential dangers and risks that exist in the path and recommend reasonable and realistic corrective measures.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Do you think, this world that we live in, with all its conditions is How it should be, or it requires a significant change in the culture, beliefs, laws and standards?

To make it clear, this is both in terms of the way the world and countries are lead by their leaders and politicians and Laws, as well as, the cultures, values and standards that defines what is right, and what is wrong in societies.

Kindly, do not give an answer which is politically right. Express how you really feel and believe.
I think that the world has slowly become a better place for people, and has the potential to become even better.

I'm not naive. I realize there is a dark side to human nature as well. But if you take a broad look at history, you can see where we are less violent today than i.e. 1000 years ago. We have developed medicine and technology that has made our lives more convenient, less painful, and longer lived. We are moving into an era where the concept of human rights is spreading around the world, and making life better for people who in the past were highly oppressed. Again, I realize it's a case of two steps forward, one step back, but I anticipate that we will continue to make the world a better place.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In the Bible I find it requires very significant change.
That significant change I find will be Jesus governing over Earth in righteousness for a thousand years - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26
The ' sword-like executional word from Jesus' mouth ' will rid the Earth of the wicked - Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35; 145:20
Humble meek people will be the ones who will inherit the Earth as promised at Matthew 5:5 from Psalm 37:9-11 and Proverbs 2:21-22

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And if people dont listen to the ruler appointed by God, then what?
I find Jesus is the ruler appointed by God to be King of God's Kingdom ( thy kingdom come.... ) God's government for a thousand years.
-1st Corinthians 15:24-26

People who do Not want a righteous ruler will come to their end - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15

Bthoth

*banned*
NO there will be a complete paradigm shift in comprehending how nature works
Leadership does not rule morality or represent vitues. They allocate funding and try to incorporate policy
I trust that people (mankind) are good about naturally. The biggest problem is some people accept that leadership will control mankind. Even the scope of jerusalem and the idea of a temple to rule and represent god. That model is a dead end.

The world will be better when the 4 colors of mankind (all four corners) are observed as relevant and combine to contribute to the book of life (understanding). Then the new generations will have a chance at having equal benchmarks to rebuild from.

I do not want to discuss end times kind of destruction, war and divide.

Bthoth

*banned*
I find Jesus is the ruler appointed by God to be King of God's Kingdom ( thy kingdom come.... ) God's government for a thousand years.
-1st Corinthians 15:24-26

People who do Not want a righteous ruler will come to their end - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15
people that need or expect a ruler are a huge part of the problem.

Be righteous by your own choice. Skip requiring or begging for someone else to tell you or any one how to. Just follow the rules, learn, write for the new generations and await.

Bthoth

*banned*
Having the right theory is not sufficient. You need a implementer and a ruler from God. Theory and practice often contradict. People say they believe in x value but then do the opposite.

If people support the leader from God of the time and submit to his authority, everything will be well.
NO such thing as a ruler from god, except to the mislead.

If and when a god shows up and openly introduces such a person, let us all know. Otherwise, kings, queens, pharaohs and even tribal leaders have taken up the claim of being 'chosen' by god.

End the idea completely. The good DO what is right by choice, not that any are chosen!

KISS

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
people that need or expect a ruler are a huge part of the problem.
Be righteous by your own choice. Skip requiring or begging for someone else to tell you or any one how to. Just follow the rules, learn, write for the new generations and await.
What is 'righteous by ones own choice' . Who'd want the conscience of a serial killer !
Just follow who's rulers, whose learning, who writes for the new generations.
The ' new generations' will be part of Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental reign over earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
NO such thing as a ruler from god, except to the mislead.
If and when a god shows up and openly introduces such a person, let us all know. Otherwise, kings, queens, pharaohs and even tribal leaders have taken up the claim of being 'chosen' by god.
End the idea completely. The good DO what is right by choice, not that any are chosen! KISS
The now world-wide international proclaiming done about God's Kingdom ( thy kingdom come..... ) is the introduction to such a person.
What is right in the conscience of a person who is a serial killer ________
Or is their conscience so hard calloused like flesh branded by a hot branding iron.
Those in political power are allowed that position by God but supposed to carry out His will, His purpose, His righteous standards.
Soon, the powers in charge will be saying, " Peace and Security....." but that Rosy saying will lead people down that old Primrose Path.
- 1st Thessalonians 5:2-3

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
......................I do not want to discuss end times kind of destruction, war and divide.
Some people look at a picture of the sun and see a sun setting whereas others see the same picture and see the sun rising.
The ' sun rising ' is the beginning times, showing the end of destruction, war and divide. - Isaiah 2:4; Micah 4:3-4
The sun rising when people will beat their swords into plowshares and Not learn war any more.
Notice who is bringing an end to all wars at Psalm 46:9 ________
So, yes lets discuss the coming beautiful bright sunny paradisical picture the Bible paints for us as found in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Funny.
I know of no country that "submitted" to the authority of any god and where everything turned out "well".

In fact, looking around the world today, the best countries to live in (as in: highest life expectancy, lowest infant mortality, highest security, highest literacy, most respect for human rights, etc etc etc) seem to be those countries that kicked out gods as being "authorities" and are nations that value secular humanism.

Meanwhile, the biggest hellholes are theocracies or similar.

Last edited:

Bthoth

*banned*
What is 'righteous by ones own choice' .
Each are capable of making solid choices. Learning that is the importance.
Who'd want the conscience of a serial killer !
None I would hope.
Just follow who's rulers, whose learning, who writes for the new generations.
Follow the rules, not rulers. Rulers can mislead people. For example, charlie manson mislead people. Hitler took advantage of the christian majority of germany.
Everyone is learning almost every day but how many write what they learned down for their children to capture the lessons? The children are the new generations.
The ' new generations' will be part of Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental reign over earth.
That line is an example of rulers and lousy scribes and pharisee conveying a belief that is untrue; misleading people.

To keep the commandments, specifically NO FALSE WITNESS, that line would not exist.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Right now, looking at the supposed "greatest country in the world" (as Americans like to think of themselves, my advice is this: "If you want a better world, start at home!"

Please read the following words, printed yesterday in the Atlantic, written by Peter Wehner:

he Atlantic, Monday, by Peter Wehner.

"Trump’s rhetoric is a permission slip to his supporters to dehumanize others, just as he does. He portrays others as existential threats, determined to destroy everything MAGA world loves about America. Trump is doing two things at once, pushing the narrative that his enemies must be defeated while dissolving the natural inhibitions most human beings have against hating and harming others.
The most troubling aspect of this whole troubling drama has been the people in the Republican party who, though they know better, have accommodated themselves to Trump’s corruptions time after time after time. For most Republicans to acknowledge what Trump truly is, and still stay loyal to him, would create enormous cognitive dissonance.
The evangelical movement in America has been reshaped by the sensibilities of Trump and MAGA world. It is a rather remarkable indictment of those who claim to be followers of Jesus that they would continue to show fealty to a man whose cruel ethic has always been antithetical to Jesus’s and becomes more so every day. Taking a stand for conscience, even long after one should have, is always the right thing to do. Far too many Christians in America are not only betraying their humanity; they are betraying the Lord they claim to love and serve."

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Each are capable of making solid choices. Learning that is the importance.
None I would hope.
Follow the rules, not rulers. Rulers can mislead people. For example, charlie manson mislead people. Hitler took advantage of the christian majority of germany.
Everyone is learning almost every day but how many write what they learned down for their children to capture the lessons? The children are the new generations.
That line is an example of rulers and lousy scribes and pharisee conveying a belief that is untrue; misleading people.
To keep the commandments, specifically NO FALSE WITNESS, that line would not exist.
Yes, each are capable of making solid choice provided there is No brain damage, No conscience damage..
Yes, follow the rules. The rules as outlined by God.
Manson was Not a follower of the God of the Bible.
Besides the first 10 commandments there are over 600 Mosaic Law commands
Jesus gave us a NEW commandment superior to the Golden Rule of Leviticus 19:18
At John 13:34-35 we are to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, we are NOW to love neighbor MORE than self. More than the Golden Rule.
So, yes, as Jesus bore No False Witness, nor do his modern-day followers.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The world is fine. It's we humans that are problematic.
Yes, creation is fine, but the world disrespecting creation is problematic.
Eden was fine, and a return back to Eden would be fine.
So, those who disrespect creation must change or be gone.
Ample time has passed allowing people to choose.
Choose if they want to be counted as a figurative 'sheep' or 'goat' - Matthew 25:31-34,37

PureX

Veteran Member
Yes, creation is fine, but the world disrespecting creation is problematic.
Eden was fine, and a return back to Eden would be fine.
So, those who disrespect creation must change or be gone.
Ample time has passed allowing people to choose.
Choose if they want to be counted as a figurative 'sheep' or 'goat' - Matthew 25:31-34,37
The story of Eden is an interesting one. It is trying (I think) to explain why we humans are so antagonistic toward the world that sustains us. The story blames it on our "original sin", which was basically that we presumed unto ourselves the "knowledge of good and evil". A degree of knowledge that we did not actually possess and that we have never actually possessed. But we presumed ourselves to possess it, anyway, when all it really was, was our own wants and desires pretending to be "good and evil". "Good" being whatever is good for ME, and "evil" being whatever is bad for ME. And then with this perverse and selfish concept of right and wrong/good and evil, we looked at the world around us and saw that was "fallen". That is was not serving our own needs and desires as we now deemed that it ought to be. And so we humans set to work "correcting" it. (When it never needed our correction.) And as a result most everything we set our hands to has turned to crap. And we have been laboring our lives away under this self-centered misconception ever since. And in the process we have slowly been destroying our own 'Eden'.

Will we ever finally see the light? Will we ever finally realize that real good and evil are not defined by our own selfishness, but are the purview of God alone? The end of the story has not yet been written, yet, but at the moment it's not looking good for the humans.