• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality and the U.S. Constitution

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Gjallarhorn just shared this with me in chat, and I thought it bore repeating:

[youtube]A8JsRx2lois[/youtube]

Watch the whole thing.

PRV357

So I take it that the question you completely avoided answering is to embarrassing for you to actually answer?

well I take it as an issue that your camp continues to avoid, because it's too :eek: embarrassing to admit to...
even though it was demonstrated in the post that you responded to...
where I was exposing the double standard hypocrisy of the liberal agenda...
you guys don't practice what you preach... :foot:

you expound about embracing diversity :rainbow1: yet have no tolerance whatsoever for different opinions (that don't agree with your own)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
well I take it as an issue that your camp continues to avoid, because it's too :eek: embarrassing to admit to...

you expound about embracing diversity :rainbow1: yet have no tolerance whatsoever for different opinions (that don't agree with your own)
Not when those opinions want to drag us back to the mythical "golden age" when men were strong, children were silent, and women and n*****s remembered their place, no.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Most interesting how you spend your post pointing fingers and calling names instead of actually addressing the point in question.

Are you ever going to actually answer the question or are you content with your overly broad brush strokes of blatant avoidance?

PRV357

Then why are you doing precisely that?:foot:

REAL diversity... differences in opinion, beliefs & lifestyles...
EVERYBODY'S right to be different & NOBODY has to be the SAME...

YOU'RE certainly entitled to vote liberal/alternative & nobody expects YOU to do otherwise; against your own will & conscience...
while I'M entitled to vote traditional/conservative & nobody should expect ME to do otherwise; against my own will & conscience...

because it's NOT embracing diversity for ANYONE to demand that others HAVE TO agree with their opinions, beliefs, or lifestyles

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
REAL diversity... differences in opinion, beliefs & lifestyles...
EVERYBODY'S right to be different & NOBODY has to be the SAME...

YOU'RE certainly entitled to vote liberal/alternative & nobody expects YOU to do otherwise; against your own will & conscience...
while I'M entitled to vote traditional/conservative & nobody should expect ME to do otherwise; against my own will & conscience...

because it's NOT embracing diversity for ANYONE to demand that others HAVE TO agree with their opinions, beliefs, or lifestyles
So stop claiming to embrace diversity even as you attempt to quash it.

PRV357

Most interesting how you spend your post pointing fingers and calling names instead of actually addressing the point in question.

Are you ever going to actually answer the question or are you content with your overly broad brush strokes of blatant avoidance?

:confused: so what is the mysterious "point in question" this time?...
or could it be that my answers are simply not to your liking?

PRV357

Gjallarhorn just shared this with me in chat, and I thought it bore repeating:

[youtube]A8JsRx2lois[/youtube]

Watch the whole thing.

this "sermon" should never have been applied to inter-racial marriage in any decade...
especially since Moses was married to an Ethiopian woman & God severely chastised Miriam for criticizing it...
so there's never really been any solid Biblical substantiation against it anyway...

although the same cannot (Truthfully) be said about homosexuality...
no matter how desperately they attempt to equate themselves to that
, for an excuse
:sorry1:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
& to keep the government out of Religion... where NEITHER dictates to the other...
to AVOID the history of Old Europe, repeating itself here; in our new nation
but there was no logical reason :confused: for even posting this in rebuttal, since I obviously wasn't disagreeing with it anyway...

so :yes: many of the American Founding Fathers were devout Christians...
but :no: they did not force other citizens to convert to their Religion, against their will...
& neither do modern Believers, who also cherish our Freedom OF Religion...

something that many of the Freedom FROM Religion groups apparently don't realize

But do not a lot of conservative Christians want to restrict and limit the rights, freedoms and equality of women and homosexuals via legislation? They base their justifications upon religion/superstition since they have no rational, real world basis.

I believe that people should be free to believe, speak and practice as they wish, provided they do not victimize nor violate the rights of innocent people in the process. The line must be drawn when they use those beliefs to justify denying others freedom and equality.

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
this "sermon" should never have been applied to inter-racial marriage in any decade...
especially since Moses was married to an Ethiopian woman & God severely chastised Miriam for criticizing it...
so there's never really been any solid Biblical substantiation against it anyway...
And yet, it was. That's because people who oppose equality under the law are bigots who care more about enforcing their bigotry than anything else. It was true then, and it's true now.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Is it just me, or is demanding that an oppressed minority sit down and shut up in the name of tolerance and diversity rather like telling a rape victim everything would be fine if she'd just lay back and enjoy it?

PRV357

Is it just me, or is demanding that an oppressed minority sit down and shut up :no:in the name of tolerance and diversity rather like telling a rape victim everything would be fine if she'd just lay back and enjoy it? :no:

in any nation of the free world; nobody should have to sit down & shut up...
they can advocate & lobby & vote for whatever cause they want to promote...
whether it's the oppressed minority of homosexuals... or the oppressed minority of Bible Believers... or any group of any size...

your analogy of a rape victim :confused: is one of the most ridiculous over-exaggerations to date

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
whether it's the oppressed minority of homosexuals... or the oppressed minority of Bible Believers... or any group of any size...

your analogy of a rape victim :confused: is one of the most ridiculous over-exaggerations to date
One is oppressed in their right to marriage. The other is oppressed in their oppression of others' rights to marriage.

Seem equal? Hardly.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Then why do you keep insisting we do exactly that?

0019aqsc

Please provide instances of "Bible Believers" actually being oppressed in America. What laws are being passed that actually trample your rights, as opposed to limiting your ability to trample others'?
Unless you actually give 3 whole seconds' thought to what the point said analogy was making.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Anyone who attempts to suggest that fighting oppression is just as intolerant as attempting to oppress has zero credibility or integrity. I wonder if "PRV357" thinks Martin Luther King Jr. was intolerant and should've respected the racists who would deny minorities equal rights. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dingbat

Anyone who attempts to suggest that fighting oppression is just as intolerant as attempting to oppress has zero credibility or integrity. I wonder if "PRV357" thinks Martin Luther King Jr. was intolerant and should've respected the racists who would deny minorities equal rights. :rolleyes:

Jews should have just jumped into the ovens, Blacks should have been glad to ride a bus, the Tibetans should be thankfully for the CCP, and Gays should be glad Christians don't drag them through the streets behind their giant trucks.