• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality and the U.S. Constitution

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
evidently; you guys are NOT too fond of being subjected :seesaw: to the SAME scrutiny that you so eagerly project against others...

so to divert attention away from your :eek: double standard hypocrisy...
you resort to rebuttals that are nothing more than condescending & belittling digs, against my responses...

sure hope that your daughter can debate with more integrity than that
You have already demonstrated that you are not the least bit interested in truth or facts.
You have no problems telling flat out lies, making wild baseless accusations, flat out ignoring points you have no cookie cutter replies to....

And you accuse others of lacking integrity?
The only conclusion i can come to is that you are well schooled in transference..

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
because I'm opposed to the false bravado of their martyr complex :sad4:

in addition to their political lobbyist :rainbow1: expounding outright embellishments, from their soap boxes...
as if it's "ONLY a Civil Rights issue", while denying other issues that ARE directly connected to it

So... because you don't like the attitude of gay people, you're willing to disadvantage their kids? That seems pretty spiteful to me.

And even considering the couples themselves, I would have to hold a pretty nasty grudge against someone before I would arrange to have their life partner kicked out of their hospital room as they're dying (one of the things that a legally recognized marriage protects against).

Do you really think that the "false bravado", as you see it, of same-sex couples justifies the sort of mean-spirited treatment that banning same-sex marriages allows?

I mean, you basically admitted that your motivation on this issue really just comes down to spite; is your hatred so valuable to you that you'd hurt not only the people you hate but their children as well rather than set your hatred aside and let people live in peace?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"under God" being omitted from the Pledge of Allegiance...

Because it wasn't originally part of the pledge of the allegiance. Put down that bible and pick up a history book: Pledge of Allegiance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
no prayer or Bibles in schools... even for the students actually want them... simply because of the other students (or their parents) who don't want them
Again incorrect. Individual students are allowed to pray or carry bibles if they so desire. What's illegal is for a public school, funded by tax payers, to lead prayer, favor any particular faith, proselytize, etc. Public schools are funded by tax payers of different faiths, and are attended by students of different faiths, and the government is supposed to secular, unbiased represent all citizens (Thomas Jefferson understood the importance of the separation of church and state), therefore it is highly unethical for a public school to impose Christianity upon students.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
:no: surprise that the link in this post didn't get much discussion :eek: by the popular majority on this thread...
especially Thomas Jefferson's
penalty :eek:

& since it seemed to be a much higher priority for Knockout the wolf pack :fight: to pounce on the Muslim guy's posts (at the time anyway)

Yes, the founding fathers were homophobic. They were also sexist and racist. It was an unfortunate aspect of 19th century culture and customs. Fortunately we as a society have greatly advanced and progressed since then.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I think Jesus would be sorely disappointed with PRV357's hatred, hypocrisy and dishonesty. Perhaps she should consider getting down on her knees and praying for forgiveness.