• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality and the U.S. Constitution

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
:confused: so what is the mysterious "point in question" this time?...
or could it be that my answers are simply not to your liking?
Since you are not interested in honest discourse, i shall leave you to continue practicing your avoidance skills.

Run along home now and claim your victory.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
REAL diversity... differences in opinion, beliefs & lifestyles...
EVERYBODY'S right to be different & NOBODY has to be the SAME...

YOU'RE certainly entitled to vote liberal/alternative & nobody expects YOU to do otherwise; against your own will & conscience...
while I'M entitled to vote traditional/conservative & nobody should expect ME to do otherwise; against my own will & conscience...

because it's NOT embracing diversity for ANYONE to demand that others HAVE TO agree with their opinions, beliefs, or lifestyles
I'm not demanding that you agree with anything. I'm demanding laws that don't hurt people. You're free to feel hard done by about this if (for reasons that escape me) you want. If this doesn't match your twisted definition of "diversity", I don't really care.

PRV357

Obama, June 28, 2006 (as delivered): Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation – at least, not just. We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, and a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers.

Quote mining is an ugly habit.
Let's get back on topic.

well at least this lists more choices (other than just Christians) as possible scape goats to blame, for allegedly oppressing the minority

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
"under God" being omitted from the Pledge of Allegiance... no prayer or Bibles in schools... even for the students actually want them... simply because of the other students (or their parents) who don't want them
Separation of Church & State is not a queer issue, nor are you representing it accurately. Not being allowed to oppress others is not, in itself, oppression.

McBell

"under God" being omitted from the Pledge of Allegiance... no prayer or Bibles in schools... even for the students actually want them... simply because of the other students (or their parents) who don't want them

"Under god" was added to the pledge of allegiance 12 years after it was written...Prayer and Bibles are both allowed in schools. at least in the USA...

So now that we see you have no problems telling flat out lies....

(for another simple example) quoting Bible Scriptures; to substantiate one's Religious beliefs
, is allegedly in violation of rule # 8, on this Religion forum
Let us actually look at rule 8:
8. Preaching/Proselytizing
The forums are not to be used for converting others to your own faith, against any faith, or recruiting people to join one's party, institution, or cause. This includes placing links or copied material from elsewhere intended for this purpose. Posts of this nature will be edited or removed and are subject to moderation.
You are growing ever more desperate to justify your martyr complex...

McBell

well at least this lists more choices (other than just Christians) as possible scape goats to blame, for allegedly oppressing the minority
really?
You are shown to be flat out lying and this is all you got?

PRV357

This is not in the Constitution, but these are the laws of the states in the time of the Founding Fathers

Founding Fathers on Homosexuality

:no: surprise that the link in this post didn't get much discussion :eek: by the popular majority on this thread...
especially Thomas Jefferson's
penalty :eek:

& since it seemed to be a much higher priority for Knockout the wolf pack :fight: to pounce on the Muslim guy's posts (at the time anyway)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
:no: surprise that the link in this post didn't get much discussion :eek: by the popular majority on this thread...
especially Thomas Jefferson's
penalty :eek:

& since it seemed to be a much higher priority for Knockout the wolf pack :fight: to pounce on the Muslim guy's posts (at the time anyway)
The thing is, we're not the ones saying we should be stagnate in a time that never existed. I have no doubt the Founding Fathers were heterosexist. Most of them owned slaves too. The world has moved on.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

(for another simple example) quoting Bible Scriptures; to substantiate one's Religious beliefs , is allegedly in violation of rule # 8, on this Religion forum

Under God was added to the pledge of allegiance in the 1950s to counter the preceived communist atheist threat. The pledge of allegiance is not any kind of law. And you just don't get it that schools are state-sponsored institutions that are barred by the First Amendment from endorsing any religion.

8. Preaching/Proselytizing
The forums are not to be used for converting others to your own faith, against any faith, or recruiting people to join one's party, institution, or cause. This includes placing links or copied material from elsewhere intended for this purpose. Posts of this nature will be edited or removed and are subject to moderation.

We all quote our own scriptures to make a point or back up an assertion. God(dess) knows you've been doing enough of it. I have yet to see anyone preach or proselytize. If you see it, report it. The mods here are swift to action. If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. Do something and stop whining.

PRV357

You are? But banning same-sex marriage hurts people. :sad4: Why are you opposed to it, then?

because I'm opposed to the false bravado of their martyr complex :sad4:

in addition to their political lobbyist :rainbow1: expounding outright embellishments, from their soap boxes...
as if it's "ONLY a Civil Rights issue", while denying other issues that ARE directly connected to it

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
firstly; a "martyr complex" implies someone crying :sad4: about being offended, "oppressed or hurt"...
precisely as homosexuals & their advocates (on this Religion forum thread) are evermore desperate to justify their cause...
Thing is, when you're ACTUALLY being oppressed, it's not a martyr complex.

McBell

firstly; a "martyr complex" implies someone crying :sad4: about being offended, "oppressed or hurt"...
precisely as homosexuals & their advocates (on this Religion forum thread) are evermore desperate to justify their cause...

So now we see that you have no problems projecting flat out lies...
for even insinuating this in rebuttal to me...
:sorry1: but it's your camp preaching for their cause
, by demonstrating the "martyr complex"...
so you have unwittingly exposed your :facepalm: own double standard hypocrisy...
especially when "actually looking" into rule # 8 of this Religion forum
Wow.
Are you seriously that hard up for a rebuttal that you have nothing more than retort the opposite of whatever is said to you?

Hells bells, even my eleven year old daughter can debate better than you...

PRV357

Thing is, when you're ACTUALLY being oppressed
, it's not a martyr complex.

so then it actually IS a matter of perspective, from ANYONE who's being oppressed

*** for your assessment to be completely without prejudicial bias, anyway ***

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
so then it actually IS a matter of perspective, from ANYONE who's being oppressed

*** for your assessment to be completely without prejudicial bias, anyway ***
No, it really isn't. If there's oppression, you don't have a martyr complex, but a legitimate gripe. If there's no oppression, the opposite holds true.

Now, since we both know that this is yet another passive aggressive insinuation that Christian heterosexists are just as oppressed as sexual minorities, I'll ask you to support that claim, yet again. Let me know when you've got something more substantial than upholding the First Amendment over your "right" to oppress everyone else.

PRV357

Wow.
Are you seriously that hard up for a rebuttal that you have nothing more than retort the opposite of whatever is said to you?

Hells bells,:fork: even my eleven year old daughter can debate better than you...

evidently; you guys are NOT too fond of being subjected :seesaw: to the SAME scrutiny that you so eagerly project against others...

so to divert attention away from your :eek: double standard hypocrisy...
you resort to rebuttals that are nothing more than condescending & belittling digs, against my responses...

sure hope that your daughter can debate with more integrity than that

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
evidently; you guys are NOT too fond of being subjected :seesaw: to the SAME scrutiny that you so eagerly project against others...

so to divert attention away from your :eek: double standard hypocrisy...
you resort to rebuttals that are nothing more than condescending & belittling digs, against my responses...

sure hope that your daughter can debate with more integrity than that
I have no issue with being subjected to any scrutiny. I have an issue with being lied about and groundlessly accused of hypocrisy.

IOW, put your money where your mouth is. If I'm a hypocrite, explain. Don't just use it as a convenient catch-all smear to shut me up, because in case you haven't noticed, that's not going to work.