• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homeopathy

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Nonsense, it is rather simple. Take a large group of people. Split them into three groups. One group gets nothing. Another group gets a placebo. The third group gets a homeopathic treatment. Compare results. Odds are that the placebo group will do better than the control. If the homeopathic group does better than the placebo group there could be something to their claims. If it does no better than the placebo group it probably is worthless. If it does worse than the placebo group it is probably harmful.
No, that won't work for the reasons I gave.
I posted a video. I suggest that you watch it.
I will if I have time.

AManCalledHorse

If you build it they will come
Now please, I have not commented on your obvious inability to reason. I was trying to remember why you were so angry with me. You began the personal attacks here. I was wondering where they came from. Since those are the areas that I debate the most you probably did support the flood myth. Wasn't that they thread where you thought that the Ark could get up Mt Ararat and still be a local flood? If that was not you you would have to admit that was a hilarious error.

Let's try to keep this on homeopathy and why we know that it is horse puckey.

I'm amazed they let you keep posting here with all the lies and crap you post about others but accuse others of.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Repeating nonsense does not make it better.

If you want to claim that there is a "vital force" that can be stimulated the burden of proof is upon you to demonstrate it. Good luck.
I do not have to prove that any more than I have to prove that a God and a soul and an afterlife exists.
Nobody can prove those things... All we have is evidence, but I refuse to argue about what constitutes evidence again.... Live and learn. :rolleyes:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Good night everyone. Good luck with the poster that's want a to turn the discussion to creation and the bible. I don't think he is a creationist but I do believe that's all he wants to talk and argue about if you disagree with him on other things. Maybe he can find the argument he seeks on another thread.

Now don't lie. You tried to make this personal. I was trying to figure out what debate that you lost so badly that would cause you to do that? You do lack the ability to support your claims that creationist suffer from. I find your denials hard to believe.

AManCalledHorse

Now please, I have not commented on your obvious inability to reason. I was trying to remember why you were so angry with me. You began the personal attacks here. I was wondering where they came from. Since those are the areas that I debate the most you probably did support the flood myth. Wasn't that they thread where you thought that the Ark could get up Mt Ararat and still be a local flood? If that was not you you would have to admit that was a hilarious error.

You are the only one talking about creation, the flood, etc. NO ONE ELSE HAS THAT I'VE SEEN! Did you get that clear enough? Stick to the subject or go talk your religious garbage on another thread.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You are the only one talking about creation, the flood, etc. NO ONE ELSE HAS THAT I'VE SEEN! Did you get that clear enough? Stick to the subject or go talk your religious garbage on another thread.

Once again, you made it personal. I was trying to figure out which debate you lost so badly that you are so filled with hate and anger that you would cause you to lose the ability to debate properly.

Tell me if you did not lose the creation battle what one did you lose?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I do not have to prove that any more than I have to prove that a God and a soul and an afterlife exists.
Nobody can prove those things... All we have is evidence, but I refuse to argue about what constitutes evidence again.... Live and learn. :rolleyes:

Wrong again. Here you really need to provide evidence. Misleading people when it comes to their health could end up in harming them. Since homeopathy has no benefit aside from that of a possible placebo effect you may hurt others by advocating that they avoid real medicine.

It is rather amazing that those that do have a burden of proof deny when they have one.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Wrong again. Here you really need to provide evidence. Misleading people when it comes to their health could end up in harming them. Since homeopathy has no benefit aside from that of a possible placebo effect you may hurt others by advocating that they avoid real medicine.

It is rather amazing that those that do have a burden of proof deny when they have one.

AManCalledHorse

I've reported several of your posts. Ther is no need for anyone to put up with your false claims and accusations about them. Hopefully other will do the same.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I've reported several of your posts. Ther is no need for anyone to put up with your false claims and accusations about them. Hopefully other will do the same.

Just because you disagree with someone is not a valid reason to report them. Nor is it valid to do so when you are caught making personal attacks. You made this personal. Not me. That you were fooled by hucksters is no excuse to take it out on others.

atanu

Premium Member
Once, our family allopathic physician had a boil on his buttock. He sent his compounder (that is what assistants/attendants at clinics used to be called in earlier times) to fetch some medicine from a famous homeopath who however refused medicine because there was no information about the patient. When our doctor phoned the homeopath, both had a hearty laugh. Who wants to reveal a boil in the butt that makes even sitting difficult?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Really? Then were are the studies that support this claim?
I do not know but maybe there are some I could find online.
I have not thought about this in years, since before we had the internet, so I don't know what is online.
People are cured, that is the evidence.
Homeopathic doctors do not have a whole practice based upon medicine that is not curative.
They could make a lot more money in conventional medical practice. :rolleyes:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Once, our family allopathic physician had a boil on his buttock. He sent his compounder (that is what assistants/attendants at clinics used to be called in earlier times) to fetch some medicine from a famous homeopath who however refused medicine because there was no information about the patient. When our doctor phoned the homeopath, both had a hearty laugh. Who wants to reveal a boil in the butt that makes even sitting difficult?
Individual doctors are hardly a good source when it comes to evidence. They are human too and many buy into alternative medicine nonsense even though they should know better.

Anecdotes are not reliable evidence.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I do not know but maybe there are some I could find online.
I have not thought about this in years, since before we had the internet, so I don't know what is online.
People are cured, that is the evidence.
Homeopathic doctors do not have a whole practice based upon medicine that is not curative.
They could make a lot more money in conventional medical practice. :rolleyes:

No, people being cured is not evidence. For almost every disease people to often get better on their own. Also people are often on both real medicine and "alternative medicine". They will give the credit to the wrong sources. That is why controlled double blind studies are the gold standard when it comes to medical studies. Patients cannot always be trusted and neither can those that administer the medicines. There is no reason that IF homeopathy works that it would not work under a double blind study. Homeopathy's constant failures when properly studied is why we know that it does not work. And analysis of the claims of how it works is how we know that it is garbage.